✟21,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe check into sex therapy?
I appreciate the thought but I don't think that would be anything either of us would do, especially her.

How about you pray for her, and her body... that if her heart and spirit are broken (as mine is) she is healed, also pray that her desire (if she has lost it because it feels like she has) returns... again I am not being unreasonable as I know MOST men are

Some of the things I've read in the past here and other places, men are twisted for the most part and much of that is because of Hollywood and the inappropriate content industry.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’m not saying you’re not a good helpmeet, I’m just pointing out that if you keep doing things as you always have, your situation will always be as it is now. Clearly, despite your belief that you’re a great helpmeet, there’s a disconnect somewhere likely related to a need of some sort that’d going unmet somewhere. Maybe she needs more help, maybe where you’re helping isn’t the area she needs help on, maybe that’s not it at all. But that is the easiest spot to make a fast, effective, supportive change and an easy subject to bring up. It’s a great neutral starting point, and you have to start somewhere.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
despite your belief that you’re a great helpmeet, there’s a disconnect somewhere likely related to a need of some sort that’d going unmet somewhere
Sounds like that stuff from Harley [His Needs, Her Needs] that amounts to not much.

Maybe he just needs to "man up" and stop trying to change her.

I can do all things (including being happy in a sexless marriage) through Christ who strengthens me.

Upvote 0

iLove

Jan 3, 2013
✟28,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To be completely honest, I don't even know why I am here. Two nights ago I could have told you why, but even so here I am.

Though things aren't perfect (and never will be) marriage is great. I was blessed to find a wife who pledged to wait till marriage like myself and that is shocking today.

Anyway, when it comes to intimacy there is lack of. Even without the sex and just kisses hugs and the i love you's, i initiate it all.... I am tired and broken.. I love her but thinking of giving up in the bedroom... I went two yrs without after our girl was born and shes 7now... and maybe now its once every 5-6 months....

Signed
Broken and lonely
Apply the Cross of Christ where the victory was won to the problem and receive victory. Only the Holy Spirit can change a person.

We are not wrestling against flesh and blood. Satan has been defeated through the Cross. Principalities and powers have been spoiled (Col. 2:15). We are enforcing this victory through applying the Cross to the sin(s), stronghold, sickness, or any problem and situation. Remember, we are seated in Heavenly Places in Christ Jesus, far above principalities and powers (Eph. 2:6). Demons recognize power and authority. They recognize Believers who operate in power and authority. The bible tells us give no place to the devil. We are not to be ignorant of the devil's tactics. The devil is a schemer. A scheme is a plan, design, or program of action. The bible talks about the wiles of the devil (Eph. 6:11). A wile is a trick or a trap. A trap is a snare. We do not engage the enemy with the worlds point of view or any other "new carts" that has a form of godliness devised by man. We combine the power of the Holy Spirit ("The Full Armour Of God") with the authority of the name of Jesus to rout the enemy. It is only through Faith placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and the Finished Work at Calvary's Cross where the victory was won the Believer receives Grace.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like that stuff from Harley [His Needs, Her Needs] that amounts to not much.

Um, no... That guy is a scam artist and misogynist. I loathe Harley. So if I said something that sounds like something he teaches, it wasn’t intentional...

Maybe he just needs to "man up" and stop trying to change her.

I can do all things (including being happy in a sexless marriage) through Christ who strengthens me.

There’s changing somebody, then there’s this... At the very least, he’s got to follow up for her sake as well as his. If she’s coping with something like depression or isolation or is feeling as lost in their marriage as he is, she needs help. And with what he was saying, he clearly needs help too. Trust in God, but lock your car. Belief carries you far, but it carries you further when you do legwork to support his works in your life.

• Agree
Reactions: RedPonyDriver
Upvote 0

Christian_Follower

http://seekingbiblicaltruth.weebly.com
Mar 13, 2018
South Louisiana
✟21,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Um, no... That guy is a scam artist and misogynist. I loathe Harley. So if I said something that sounds like something he teaches, it wasn’t intentional...

There’s changing somebody, then there’s this... At the very least, he’s got to follow up for her sake as well as his. If she’s coping with something like depression or isolation or is feeling as lost in their marriage as he is, she needs help. And with what he was saying, he clearly needs help too. Trust in God, but lock your car. Belief carries you far, but it carries you further when you do legwork to support his works in your life.
I appreiate everything your saying... and don't worry, people like Harley I ignore.....

It isn't new for me... once my son wa born and it's almost sad to say I was without my parenter for 2 yrs... same with my daugther....

She isn't depressed and doesn't seem interested in it... I've talked to her from time to time and she doesn't (in my opinion) think it's a big deal even makes light of it.... at times I even do the same to show her.... she loves to pick and I part of it she knows its not funny.... Like I said before I know she loves me as I do her ... We have a marriage with God as the head and I trust her as she does me....

Anyway... please keep me and her in prayer....

Upvote 0