Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
You might consider including the bits on what the Church teaches about non-Catholics, and also about what the Church teaches about apostates, if you're really interested in spreading the whole Truth rather than a politically convenient, truncated truth.

I expected nothing less. :wave:

The truth is never the truth with you. Someone is ways hiding something, and we must ways go way over and beyond and become irrelevant with information to please you.

I'm not interested in that typical and predicable game. :wave:

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Suicide is not glamorous.
No kidding. I never said it was. Don't put words in my mouth.

Are you saying that suicide is okay and it is it not an abominable act?
If you actually read and comprehended my posts, you'd know what I said; perhaps you should re-read them. I said exactly what I meant; no more, no less.

With all due respect, the day I turn to you to qualify how good a Christian I am, then I'll take a trip to Oregon myself.
I don't consider calling someone who just died names being a good Christian regardless who does it, but you're certainly entitled to disagree.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

The truth is never the truth with you. Someone is ways hiding something, and we must ways go way over and beyond and become irrelevant with information to please you.

That is an interesting response to a simple request for the whole truth rather than convenient bits.
It is relevant to this discussion, I think, that invincible ignorance of Catholic moral teaching is, in Christ's mercy, an impediment to mortal sin. We can hope and pray that she was ignorant of the beautiful Truths you posted! Unfortunately for those who have been given the Truth of Christ's one true, Catholic Church but reject it, things aren't so pretty. Still, even for them, we can hope that their apostasy is a result of invincible ignorance and that God will favor mercy over justice for them!

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Posted in the other thread, and now I take my leave from this thread.
It seems you have a curious definition of what that means, since you've already posted twice after this.

Regarding the topic at hand.......

It is UNACCEPTABLE.
It. Is. Wrong.
This is never, ever OK.
Suicide is SELFISH.
It shows no love for God.
I do not pretend to be holy or righteous or just.
Can't speak to that either way generally, but IMO your comments above sure have a judgmental tone, which I don't think fit any of those categories.

2279 Even if death is thought to be imminent, the ordinary care owed to a sick person cannot be legitimately interrupted.
If (by quoting this) you are implying or think aggressive chemo is "ordinary care," think again.

PS and FYI: I am not saying "gee it's swell she did this." I would have much preferred she fought for her life as well. I am just annoyed by the oversimplifications and frankly repulsed by the self-righteousness expressed in some of the posts here.

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

Assuming this even makes sense, this is also utter nonsense. And I say that as someone who probably disagrees with MikeK more often than not.

I also found your phrase "irrelevant with information" rather telling.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Assuming this even makes sense, this is also utter nonsense. And I say that as someone who probably disagrees with MikeK more often than not.

I also found your phrase "irrelevant with information" rather telling.

The funny (well, not funny, but sad) thing is that nowhere will you see me say "hey, what she did is fine." It isn't. It is suicide and suicide is grave matter. People who are Catholics (including apostates from the faith) must abide by the rules of the Church including those in the Catechism. People who are not will be judged by different metrics. That isn't a controversial statement, it isn't a new sentiment, it's the truth in plain words.

Upvote 0