Uk
✟28,515.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've been trying to think through some things and discern what God is commanding me to do.

I'm not really sure how much is happening just in my mind or how much other people are impacted. I've got this notion of bringing things into the light and also resting in what Jesus is doing.

How does one best do this?

Also, I keep making mistake after mistake. So I cant help wondering how much God is really still for me. I did fall away from faith in the past.

When I pray with others I feel encouraged, but living alone that hasnt been happening very much.

Last edited:

antwaniiz

Aug 8, 2020
miami
✟849.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Umm, please can you say what that means. Eg, do you mean talking with God or with other believers? And then praying?
Colossians 3:17
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed,
do all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

If you do this you will understand what I said to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟587,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not really sure how much is happening just in my mind or how much other people are impacted. I've got this notion of bringing things into the light and also resting in what Jesus is doing.

About not knowing > we are told >

"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

We understand how our Father wants to personally rules us in His own peace. So, this is a basic, I can see. At any moment, I can find out what God wants, by simply submitting to Him in His peace; then discover what, right then, He has me doing in this peace.

This is included in our basic calling > "in one body" < so, this is for all of us in Jesus.

And if we are failing to personally submit to God, all the time, in His peace, seek Him for correction > Hebrews 12:4-14 >
If God is with you then He will correct you.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟738,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been trying to think through some things and discern what God is commanding me to do.

Also, I keep making mistake after mistake. So I cant help wondering how much God is really still for me. I did fall away from faith in the past.

When I pray with others I feel encouraged, but living alone that hasnt been happening very much.

It does not matter if you have fallen into sin in the past it is what you do with the present that matters. The bible tells us:

Heb 9:27-28 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many;

The above verse tells us that Christ's sacrifice was a life for a life, a life time of sins covered by the blood of Jesus. This shows that verses like Hebrew 6 that talk about falling away, as you mentioned, do not refer to falling into sin, but abandonment of faith entirely, and dying in that sin.

Basically at any point in a persons life when they seek repentance they can have life. God will forgive.

The bible says:

1Jn 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death.

If we see a brother sinning and they have not died in their sin, we are to pray for their spiritual life to be restored.

God may be prodding you to repent, but he is not rejecting you. He still sees what you can become.

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think you should not force things according to what your mind, emotions are saying. But then I don't know what's going on in your life. Only God and you know that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheTrueWay

Aug 7, 2020
Uk
✟28,515.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It does not matter if you have fallen into sin in the past it is what you do with the present that matters. The bible tells us:

Heb 9:27-28 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many;

The above verse tells us that Christ's sacrifice was a life for a life, a life time of sins covered by the blood of Jesus. This shows that verses like Hebrew 6 that talk about falling away, as you mentioned, do not refer to falling into sin, but abandonment of faith entirely, and dying in that sin.

Basically at any point in a persons life when they seek repentance they can have life. God will forgive.

The bible says:

1Jn 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death.

If we see a brother sinning and they have not died in their sin, we are to pray for their spiritual life to be restored.

God may be prodding you to repent, but he is not rejecting you. He still sees what you can become.
Thanks and God bless.

Upvote 0

kvolm

Feb 28, 2018
SoCal
✟24,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
having the desire to bring things into the light is definitely from God as God is light and brings revelation to light. If there is a specific situation or decision for which you are desiring God to reveal His will, then reading Scripture, seeking godly counsel from someone who knows you and continuing to pray for wisdom and revelation are all helpful practices. Since you mention that you do feel encouraged by praying with others, reach out to some people to pray on the phone or on video chat. Make use of technology if you can't be physically together with people to pray.

Upvote 0