Bringing sinless Jesus from the dead - explanation?

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
But as an example. I see some people that are blessed and some people that are, well, cursed. I for instance "am in a position" that I wouldn't like to be and didn't chose to be, and even less, it seems, I can't do anything to change it. I would like to be in a better position, and I know that christianity doesn't defend fatalism, but believing in the gospel hasn't changed anything visible. I do not seem to be anything more or anything less than I was before. Except that now I read the Bible. Does one have to suffer awful things in life, while I see people blessed by God and Jesus, literally, expressively and manifestly, and another in the gutter. What kind of God is this?
Jesus never promised that becoming a Christian, of more realistically accepting His gift of salvation, would make our life a rose garden. Life as a Christian, in many cases, becomes more difficult. Especially in some countries of this world where you can be killed for your faith.

God has given every human a life to live. Some are more luxurious than others. Becoming a Christian will not change that. It changes your attitude. It changes your eternal destination. It changes the responsibilities here on earth.

Remember... from those who much has been given, much is expected. Be very wary of preacher preaching that you are meant to be wealthy and happy as a christian.

I have found that the closer I walk with God, the more trials I face. I have heard it said that if you have no difficulties in your life as a Christian... you better start looking at how close your relationship with Christ is.

Reactions: Lord'sWarrior
Upvote 0

RGW00

Jul 29, 2017
Kentucky
✟15,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jesus wasn't the first one from the dead to come back to life. Lazarus for example was one.
But Jesus was sinless when crucified and then God brought Jesus back from the dead.
In what way does the bringing back from the dead a sinless person save everyone who believes it. What is the explanation behind it all? What is the mechanics of it?

I can't quite grasp the meaning of it. How does believing in a sinless person to resurrect can change me, can save me? What's the logic behind it all? Does it have any logic, or faith is without logic?
I feel like a lot of it is faith. But having the faith creates the logic that you gain from it. It starts to become more clear to you the more you read His Word. I think it's just showing that God can do anything. He is proving that through His Word, so as you will follow it and stay close to it, and believe it. If He wasn't supernatural, then no one would even pay attention to it. Why do you think there are Christians in the world today who take this absolutely serious? Is it that they just surrender to a higher power? That's exactly what it is. God wants everyone to surrender to Him and turn to Him whether you have logic or faith in Him.

In conclusion, God will create the logic through the faith that you have through Him. This is what I believe.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jesus wasn't the first one from the dead to come back to life. Lazarus for example was one.
But Jesus was sinless when crucified and then God brought Jesus back from the dead.
In what way does the bringing back from the dead a sinless person save everyone who believes it. What is the explanation behind it all? What is the mechanics of it?

I can't quite grasp the meaning of it. How does believing in a sinless person to resurrect can change me, can save me? What's the logic behind it all? Does it have any logic, or faith is without logic?

Well there is the classic analogy of the judge and the convicted criminal..

There was this judge who was a perfect Judge who always went by the Book in all his court cases..

One day he officiated in a case where the accused was found guilty of an offense with a $10,000 Fine or if the convicted person did not pay the fine they where subject to a year imprisonment.. On the day the Judge discovered his own son in law was the one who was guilty of the offense and the judge knew his son in law did not have the money to pay the fine.. So before the judge delivered the sentence for the crime upon His son in law. He stepped down from the bench and walked over to his son in law and gifted him $10,000 in cash.. He then went back to His seat and declared the sentence of 10,000 dollar fine.. The Son in law then handed over the 10,000 dollars and was therefore free to walk out of the court as a free man..

God is the judge in this case..
The 10.000 dollar fine represents the penalty for sin.
The son in law represents a Christian who has accepted the gift atonement of the LORD and this has had the penalty of their sins paid by Jesus..

Upvote 0

Robert76

Robert
Jul 19, 2017
Central Ohio
✟7,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Here's how I think of the mechanics:

Like the law of gravity, whereby when you walk off a ledge you fall, there is the law of sin--the penalty for sin is death. When God created all of creation, it was (by His own perfect and holy standards) "good". So Adam and Eve sinned and this is how creation went from perfect to how it currently is. Prior to the first sin there was no death, disease, corruption, etc...

Under the old covenant people sacrificed animals for the atonement of their sins (like gravity, the law of sin remains); however, this was more of a covering of sins rather than a true an full payment... so the people had to keep doing this repeatedly throughout their sinful lives.

Later, Jesus comes into the scene, fulfilling the prophecies of the old testament, lives a perfect life, dies on the cross, is buried, is raised from the dead, ascends to the Father, and establishes the new covenant (rending the old one obsolete). The text in the part of the Bible uses many legal terms and we see that Jesus' death on the cross is payment in full of our past/present/future sins.

So God is a god of love, but He is also just. You and I are sinners (law of sin still applies today) and therefore deserve to receive God's wrath and eternal separation from Him because of our sin - this is not just the death we experience in this life but "the second death" of eternal separation from God. As a metaphor, when I picture myself in the 'courtroom of heaven' I see myself being declared guilty. However, before sentence is carried out, I imagine Jesus walks in and says to the Father, "Wait, this one believes in me and when I took the punishment and died for sins on the cross, I did so also for him. I am his (because Robert believes in Jesus) and he is Mine." This conversation is not found in the bible; however, the bible does say that the penalty of our sins was applied to Jesus and His righteousness is imputed to us and that His death was the full satisfaction for the payment of our sins.

Upvote 0

Instrument150

Aug 6, 2017
Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Man, I'm full of wrath. I'm revolted with my current situation of life and health. It's hard to be thankful.

I know what you mean. March 8th, 2014, My wife died after around 4 months of slowly suffocating to death on her own internal fluids and fighting to stay alive the whole way. Should have lasted a few weeks if not less. She was strong, truthfully.

During this period of time I lost both of our vehicles, my job, her children which I had come to love as a Father does his Daughters, along with my sanity, sobriety (which remains the only struggle)

How could I be thankful for these things? I WASN'T!!!!!!

I can remember standing in my shower, landing blow after blow through the falling water into the side of the shower wall, busting my fists, breaking material, imagining the scene in the Bible when Jacob demanded the right to battle the Angel of the Lord and calling upon that right myself with a rage that drops to me to my knees in shame still to this very moment. Because I didn't deserve the right for that fight.

What happened to my wife was happening to her for whatever reason.

My involvement in the experiencing this pain: the path that led me from birth to decide to marry her and in turn have that excruciating experience, was due to my own sins and the trickery of the devil that I participated in.

God, however, has a plan even for our sin. He has taken this pain caused by Satan's deformed reality and my choices, and used it as one more thing towards the equation that will be my complete understanding in the end.

For this, I am grateful beyond the words of my vocabulary.

So should you be.

Upvote 0

Instrument150

Aug 6, 2017
Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Man, I'm full of wrath. I'm revolted with my current situation of life and health. It's hard to be thankful.

Also, be aware that your wrath is not sinful in its nature, but only in your current expression of it. You anger is God expressing His emotion through you, what he feels when Satan uses the law of free will against Him to trick people. Things didn't go the way He wanted them to when someone goes to hell. This fills him with wrath, and he wants you to know how He feels. You image of God, you.

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
But as an example. I see some people that are blessed and some people that are, well, cursed. I for instance "am in a position" that I wouldn't like to be and didn't chose to be, and even less, it seems, I can't do anything to change it. I would like to be in a better position, and I know that christianity doesn't defend fatalism, but believing in the gospel hasn't changed anything visible. I do not seem to be anything more or anything less than I was before. Except that now I read the Bible. Does one have to suffer awful things in life, while I see people blessed by God and Jesus, literally, expressively and manifestly, and another in the gutter. What kind of God is this?

Recently, I came across the following devotion, that speaks to the concerns you have...

No More Problems
by John D. Morris, Ph.D.
Evidence for Creation

“Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake.” (Matthew 24:9)

All too often in these days of “easy believism” and the erroneous “peace and prosperity” teaching, we hear someone say, “Once you become a Christian, all your problems will be over.” It is doubtful that anyone really believes such a statement, much less experiences it. Certainly the Israelites who had just been miraculously delivered from bondage didn’t experience it.

Of course, this concept is not biblical. In fact, the Bible teaches quite the opposite. Christ promised, “Ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake” (Matthew 10:22). He, Himself, would have many problems. “If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you” (John 15:18). Later, after experiencing many problems, John wrote, “Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you” (1 John 3:13).

These problems may take the form of general troubles that come from living in a sinful, cursed world; specific afflictions, which God allows in our lives to bring about His purpose; or discipline for personal sin, as well as direct persecution from without.

While troubles will come, all is not lost! Christ promised, “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33). Through Him we have the strength to meet every difficulty of this life with peace, good cheer, and victory. Through Him we also receive the promise that throughout eternity “there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away” (Revelation 21:4). JDM

www.icr.org/article/10006/

Upvote 0