"... breathed into his nostrils THE BREATH OF LIFE..."

Is there a man, a "living soul," before there is the breath of God life?

• yes

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • no

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikpat

Apr 25, 2016
Evans, GA
✟15,816.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Biology 101 states at conception,,a human being is formed and begins its series of developmental stages up to old age. It is not a potential glob of cells that may become a human or something else, ex. a goat, ape, or /English bull dog.

The issue is whether you believe in abortion; if so then you have to latch onto some physical characteristic of the unborn child. Well it's not human until the blood flows on its own. Uhhh, it's not human until it has a functioning liver, or kidneys, or a brain etc. or untill it has ten fingers or until the physician slaps it on the behind and the newborn cries out.

Then we have those who use characteristics like: it's not human till it says something reasonable, "Ma Ma or something, it's not human until it shows awareness, etc.

Again the issue is to insure that the abortion is performed prior to any of the above comnditions, one feels better, I guess.

Some one wrote in an article———-"That if there is a God and He is a just God, then this Country will pay dearly for the slaughter of millions of His unborn children.

AMDG

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I can't believe you all are entertaining a POE Troll this far into 17 pages.
They don't even know the basics of reproductive biology in human beings.
Life in the womb, and you know what you're dealing with when they refer to themselves as womb contents when they're now sitting at a keyboard thinking that term insults babies in our mind, starts as a single microscopic fertilized cell that divides and doubles every 12 to 24 hours.
Early on in this process cells called, stem cells, begin to form. Stem cells can produce almost any of the 200 plus different cell types that are needed to create a fully formed baby. Blood cells, bone cells, nerve cells, skin cells, etc... And all those cells must be produced in the proper order at the right time in the right locations in order to form that baby.
First they form into tissues, then they form into organs and limbs. All of this is written as a perfect human reproductive program in the human DNA. Which is why an intelligence is believed to be responsible.

Meanwhile, for 17 pages now the Christians here have entertained someone who has no respect for human life, babies, basic reproductive biology, or Christians. You're feeding someone who gets off on insulting everything you believe in while they claim to be about the truth. When the truth is, they're a Troll POE who should be banned not fed.
What Pentecostal do you know believes what this person claims about babies and life in the womb? I'd venture to say, not a single one.
So babies are insulted in your mind? I don't doubt it.
(You never say you are trying to insult me, that you are attacking me, you never even have the courtesy to speak to me directly, and if what you say is not about me, then I apologize for the following.)
Perhaps the truth, and a neutral way of expressing it, offends you? (Someone we are pretty sure can be offended, whereas perhaps if you take away the babies soother it will be offended; we cannot be so sure taking offense is something appropriate to attribute to a baby, especially if it is something someone writes in Christian Forums - could it really understand that much English?)
I won't consider that you are some great spokesman speaking for a lot of others, though you want to suggest that.

I am pretty sure I never said I am womb contents when sitting at a typewriter. Womb contents is in the womb - get it? Perhaps you don't understand the word "contents"?
It is certainly true that gestation (pregnancy) occurs in the womb and therefore properly and obviously truthfully the growth growing there is called "womb contents." You must have bias in all you think and say, I suppose?
(BTW, I never once thought that would be offensive terminology - as you claim - although I did have some apprehension that a person of your ilk (little respect for truth, I detect) would prefer that always and at every opportunity everyone would proclaim the falsity "baby" to refer to what is in the womb.)
If you could demonstrate that it is a human being, then it would not be a falsity to use that term, of course. It is apparent from the above you have nothing to contribute along those lines there - you only indicate something of how things develop in the womb, not that those things before their completion at birth are a human being baby.

Personal attacks are not appreciated, thank you very much. (And I believe against Christian Forums policy!)
It is such a falsity to suggest I am attacking Christians (As though I was not one myself - I believe we are saved by the shed blood of Christ who is Maker, Redeemer, and Comforter. Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.)
Were I to stoop to your low level I would attack you as being unChristian for apparently (to me) having such little respect or desire for truth.

BTW, what does "POE" mean? I can understand that with "troll" you are besmirching and smearing me, but I have no idea what POE means.

MY AGENDA: To try to overcome untruth.

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Appears to me you are trying to overcome truth.....trying.
"Untruth," I am trying to overcome untruth. I certainly don't claim to always succeed. With some it is difficult indeed, and I'm not sure I could exclude myself from that crowd.

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Biology 101 states at conception,,a human being is formed and begins its series of developmental stages up to old age. It is not a potential glob of cells that may become a human or something else, ex. a goat, ape, or /English bull dog.

The issue is whether you believe in abortion; if so then you have to latch onto some physical characteristic of the unborn child. Well it's not human until the blood flows on its own. Uhhh, it's not human until it has a functioning liver, or kidneys, or a brain etc. or untill it has ten fingers or until the physician slaps it on the behind and the newborn cries out.

Then we have those who use characteristics like: it's not human till it says something reasonable, "Ma Ma or something, it's not human until it shows awareness, etc.

Again the issue is to insure that the abortion is performed prior to any of the above comnditions, one feels better, I guess.

Some one wrote in an article———-"That if there is a God and He is a just God, then this Country will pay dearly for the slaughter of millions of His unborn children.

AMDG
Biology 101 - oh "now I remember!"

"Biology 101 states" ? Perhaps you could at least give me a page number?

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Not at all, since God sends babies, His will is to have them. The ravages of sin may cause many to be stillborn, or sick, that is not God's design, or will. His will was to be very fruitful and multiply. Just because God knows what will happen in this fallen world does not mean what happens is His will for man. It just means He knows how evil man can and will be. In the end for example, men are so evil as to kill babies. It doesn't get much more evil than that.
I agree that "Just because God knows what will happen in this fallen world does not mean what happens is His will for man."

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
CAN ANYONE ANSWER THIS QUESTION?

WHEN is there first a new animal, a MEMBER of a species? Is it at birth or when hatched in the case of mammals and birds? Can you point me to an authoritative biology reference online?

I searched a lot but don't seem to know how to find the answer. Finally resorted to "Yahoo Answers" but do not seem to be the requisite member there for "submit" to work. Can anyone help me?

Does anyone care or dare to find the answer?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Humans are an established species---Adam was the first man created, Cain was the first male born. Each and every fetus has been a member of the human species from conception. Your interpretation means nothing and when you stand before God---biology 101 will be what He says it is , not your opinion. A man made definition of life will hold no weight with Him. The shedding of blood God will judge--

Gen_9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
Num_35:33 So ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: for blood it defileth the land: and the land cannot be cleansed of the blood that is shed therein, but by the blood of him that shed it.
Deu_19:10 That innocent blood be not shed in thy land, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance, and so blood be upon thee.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

mikpat

Apr 25, 2016
Evans, GA
✟15,816.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think Douglas has lost his ability for intelligent discourse and has fallen into the arrogant stage of being one with "privileged knowledge" and the rest of the opinions of others are just untruths. There is no where to go with the discussion since nothing will be accepted against his position.

The human being begins at fertilization when the human sperm and human egg, fertilization. All animals have the same process. Most animals have the same mechanism,,,sperm and eggs—meet—fertilization. The basic features in the developmental processes are quite similar in all vertebrates, with some slight variations.

All humans, reptiles, and birds begin development as a zygote or fertilized egg that then undergo cleavage.

Personally, I think Douglas' questions are a set up for a blast of his personal opinions.

God's unborn children begin their life at conception.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
My question was:
WHEN is there first a new animal, a MEMBER of a species? Is it at birth or when hatched in the case of mammals and birds? Can you point me to an authoritative biology reference online?
Humans are an established species---Adam was the first man created, Cain was the first male born. Each and every fetus has been a member of the human species from conception. Your interpretation means nothing and when you stand before God---biology 101 will be what He says it is , not your opinion. A man made definition of life will hold no weight with Him. The shedding of blood God will judge--

Gen_9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
Num_35:33 So ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: for blood it defileth the land: and the land cannot be cleansed of the blood that is shed therein, but by the blood of him that shed it.
Deu_19:10 That innocent blood be not shed in thy land, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance, and so blood be upon thee.
What about "a MEMBER" don't you understand? That means a particular individual, for instance, you, when were you first an animal, a member of the human species. It is not a question about the origin of "man," where some sort of evolutionary "explanation" is found in the textbooks, of how a species arises. Not about the Genesis account either.

Show me the quote in Biology 101 please, that gives the answer to my question.

I suspect the true and complete answer is so simple it is given in about grade four, long before 101.
It is such a basic assumption and understanding of everybody that it need not even appear in biology texts?
Is that not the way it is, or can you find an actual claim in some actual biology paper that clearly states other than what I suggest?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.