Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This 100% feels like a publicity stunt to advertise his channel and sell books. Then he can also put "former Presidential candidate" on his résumé which still adds some clout.

I mean, the truth is he won't even make it on the ballot. Most states require a minimum signature count that's in the tens of thousands, in some cases they'll waive the signature requirement for a fee but he doesn't have the name recognition for that to work in all 50 states + DC. I doubt he'd even get on the ballot in his home state of Texas. If he was serious he'd climb the ladder and start in local government or the Texas legislature.

Traditional Catholic author, father of eight, and podcaster Taylor Marshall has announced that he’s running for President of the United States.

“I am serious. I am running,” Marshall confirmed with LifeSiteNews earlier today via text message.

Marshall, 45, unexpectedly broke the news on Twitter on the morning of Friday, May 12, the Feast of Saints Domitilla, Nereus, Achilleus, and Pancratius.

I’m running for President.
What do you want to see in a Catholic political platform?
Leave a tweet
— Dr Taylor Marshall™️ (@TaylorRMarshall) May 12, 2023

“What do you want to see in a Catholic political platform?” he asked his followers.

Marshall previously endorsed President Donald Trump’s re-election bid in 2020, during which time he served on the board of Catholics for Trump. He delivered the opening prayer at a Trump campaign rally near Pittsburgh in October of that year. Marshall also went to Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence alongside radio show host Jesse Romero several months ago.

• Haha
Reactions: zippy2006

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I had to mute him on Twitter. I was tired of getting 50 notifications a day. I swear all his does is Tweet all day long. He's gotten super annoying, which is unfortunate because I believe in most of his conservative, traditionalist positions, but he's just so off putting. He doesn't come across as genuine though. Something is off about the guy.

• Agree
Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had to mute him on Twitter. I was tired of getting 50 notifications a day. I swear all his does is Tweet all day long. He's gotten super annoying, which is unfortunate because I believe in most of his conservative, traditionalist positions, but he's just so off putting. He doesn't come across as genuine though. Something is off about the guy.
I think he does these things because he thinks it keeps him relevant. Might get him a spot as a talking head somewhere. Like Raymond Arroyo.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I saw that last night. It is a stunt. He hasn’t a snowball’s chance in hades to even make a mark.
It'd almost be funny if we didn't already know that he's a total grifter and this is just his magnum opus.
I had to block him too, I didn't even follow him but his garbage tweets would show up on my feed all the time cause people I do follow would quote tweet or respond to him (in criticism or opposition, usually).

I agree that something is off. Something intangible in him changed dramatically between the Amazonian Synod in October, 2019 and Easter, 2020. I think he developed a serious spirit of rebellion against the Church that he would deny to his grave. But he paid Alexander Tschugguel to toss the Pachamama Idol into the Tiber, not necessarily a bad act in and of itself but I think the manner in which it was conceived was more out of defiance than of righteous anger.

Then in Easter 2020 when churches closed their doors he publicly announced having communed at an SSPX chapel (something he built up to in the months prior by having SSPX priests on his show to make apologetic arguments that he neither challenged nor refuted).

I mean, I'm not a fan of Pope Francis and I think there may be a few others on here who aren't either. But I know none of us would devolve into childish insults, lapses in decorum, and double entendres when speaking about His Holiness the way Marshall does. He's joined the Patrick Coffin and RTF Mike pantheon of renegades who are way, way out of line.
I think he does these things because he thinks it keeps him relevant. Might get him a spot as a talking head somewhere. Like Raymond Arroyo.
Which is sad. I know he and Tim Gordon parted ways in early 2020 because they disagreed on the nature of the content they would produce going forward. Gordon wanted to continue with more informational/educational content like they'd been doing and Marshall wanted to go for more clickbaity content. He got his wish after Gordon left the show, and Marshall's channel regressed until he was doing "underpants analysis" on Joe Biden.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

narnia59

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2007
✟333,311.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
“What do you want to see in a Catholic political platform?” he asked his followers.​
This. There already is one:

• Agree
Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This. There already is one:

I don't know why he wouldn't try to earn their endorsement first rather than whatever he's doing. I suspect they're not conservative enough for him.

Upvote 0