Victoria
✟2,141.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Respectfully, Ignatius, and the other Early Church Fathers speak with more authority than you do.

Is that so? I would never have thought that. I thought that EVERY ONE who seeks the Lord for inspiration and truth have authority. I guess you live and learn, that is if you are listening to the Spirit of God and not just trotting out what you have been told is the truth.

By the way where is Ignatius quoted in the Bible?

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Is that so? I would never have thought that. I thought that EVERY ONE who seeks the Lord for inspiration and truth have authority. I guess you live and learn, that is if you are listening to the Spirit of God and not just trotting out what you have been told is the truth.

Well, you claimed the Roman Catholic Church changed the Eucharist, which is completely erroneous and untrue. Who told you that, or where did you read it?

It is also untrue and offensive to claim that we merely are “trotting out what (we) have been told is the truth.”

Many of us have done extensive research in the history of the church.

And we are not alone. John Wesley, Martin Luther, Jan Hus, and John Calvin, as well as many Anglicans, agree with us, and so do the three Eastern churches (Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Assyrian/Ancient Church of the East).

Have you even heard of those? Because if you study their history, you will realize the fallacy of blaming everything on the Catholics.

Upvote 0