Georgia
✟47,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
There's a lot of context strewn about the various posts which have led up to this moment. :)
Yeah. But don't you think it crosses a line to tell people who disagree with you that they should not call themselves Christians?

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's a lot of context strewn about the various posts which have led up to this moment. :)
You forgot to quote the scripture that was posted. But all of this is just dragging the thread further off topic.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well not super Sunday, or even duper. But it would be interesting to know who the financiers holding the world's purse strings are that sit above every dealing of mankind. Who are these invisible people who never make the news? Where do they come from and what is their background? Is this another Caucasian overlord thing or something and someone else?
So who do you think they are?

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Another subsequent manifestation of intercultural conflict breaks out in Israel and Palestine, and suddenly everyone is a political and ethical expert.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

BREAKINGHamas warns Ashkelon residents to leave city​

Hamas has threatened specifically to attack the Israeli city of Ashkelon in response to Israel's attacks on Gaza.
In a post on Telegram, Hamas said the residents of the city, just to the north of the Gaza Strip, have until 17:00 local time (15:00 BST) to leave.
More than 4,500 rockets have already been fired from Gaza into Israel since Saturday, the Israeli military says.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟231,093.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You should support justice.
The massacre of civilians committed by Hamas is absolutely reprehensible and unjustifiable, and those responsible should be held accountable, but this can be done without punishing every Palestinian that lives in Gaza and "vaporizing" our Palestinian brothers and sisters in Christ, as you stated earlier in this thread. If that's what you're suggesting I support, then you can count me out. Your idea of justice is unrightous and clearly doesn't represent the teachings of Christ.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
In all the pictures shown of this group they are holding and carrying M4 assault rifles.

More than the small arms they have, where did the terrorist's get all their rockets they have been shooting at Israel?
They actually build a lot of them themselves. The Gaza strip is incredibly densly populated, with numerous industrial centers. The raw materials are either brought in by legitimate means or smuggled in.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
but this can be done without punishing every Palestinian that lives in Gaza and "vaporizing" our Palestinian brothers and sisters in Christ, as you stated earlier in this thread.
Not when they continue to hide their fighters and weapons in schools, homes, apartment buildings, offices - all civilian institutions. Not when the people continue to elect and vote for murderers and terrorists. Not when they refuse to allow Israel to exist. Not when they dehumanize and demonize the Jewish people. Not when they continually call upon the people to rise up and fight, murder and destruct. Not when they continue to push their children into soldiers attempting to elicit a response.

At this point they are all complicit in the atrocities and deserve the punishment that will be meted out over the next days, weeks and months. If I were not too old I would be on a plane to Israel right now to join the IDF.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In all the pictures shown of this group they are holding and carrying M4 assault rifles.

More than the small arms they have, where did the terrorist's get all their rockets they have been shooting at Israel?

No matter this whole situation is horrific and my prayers go out to all the people who are affected by the violence Hamas has unleashed.

.....it's impossible to say where those arms came from based on a picture. Those rockets could be sourced from a variety of actors....starting with Iran who has been sponsoring Hamas for the last couple of decades.

Upvote 0

John Helpher

John 3:16
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Yeah. But don't you think it crosses a line to tell people who disagree with you that they should not call themselves Christians?
If it were a disagreement about an opinion issue, maybe. You should check out his comments for yourself. I've already highlighted a lot of them in my posts, along with my reasoning for why they are a problem. It's not worth repeating all that stuff here again.

However, I will say that one of my criticisms of Landon was that his righteousness was inconsistent. Consistency is an important tool for analyzing whether an argument is convincing or compelling, or even whether it is simply right or wrong. If a person says to me, "You should not judge!" without any willingness to hear that they themselves are making a judgment in that moment, then it signals to me an inconsistency.

It makes me wonder, what is this person thinking? They're saying not to judge while they themselves are judging. Do they not see the problem with their reasoning? Should I try to explain it or will they be offended? Does it matter if they are? Should I quote Bible verses supporting my position? Would that make any difference?

Sometimes you just have to say when something is false, especially when it involves discussion and application of what it means to be Christian. We are not obligated to grin and bear emotional outbursts being passed as holy authority. And, to make my point clear on that, earlier in the discussion Landon made a bold declaration that ther eis never any excuse for murder. In the next breath, he's arguing for genocide as a righteous punishment, even including Palestinian babies in the righteous punishment, (though that post was removed by a moderator.)

This is exactly why people point to the crusades as evidence that Christianity isn't any different to every other war-mongering religion out there. They can be objectively proven wrong, of course, but the confusion lingers on as ammunition. When Christians cheer their friends on in the massacre of their enemies, it creates confusion about what Christianity really is.

This issue is so important that it gets special note in the Revelation, when Jesus talks about something called luke-warmness, (a kind of middle ground safety area where there's no real commitment, obligation, or responsibility) saying that it makes God want to vomit. The confusion regarding God's goodness is nauseating to him. He doesn't want anyone to be confused about who he is, what he expects, and what he wants. That's the point of Jesus' life; he is the perfect representation of God's will on the earth. His teachings are God's teachings.

When a professing Christian says that some people are too bad, even for the teachings of Jesus, I know that person is not really speaking on behalf of Jesus Christ. At the very least, in that moment, we can say his argument is not Christian. And, if he is making not-Christian arugments, then it makes perfect sense for us to say that, at least while he is making those arguments, he should add a disclaimer that he is not representing Jesus with his comments, to avoid confusion. I think that's not only fair, but it makes perfect sense in terms of clearness of communication.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
What choice do they have, if they don’t fight, nothing changes for them and the oppression continues.
Israeli settlers are invading their territory and they’re just supposed to take that provocation over and over agin with having no say in their own land!?
How did they get that land? Who gave it to them?

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jul 12, 2010
United Kingdom
✟227,139.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not when they continue to hide their fighters and weapons in schools, homes, apartment buildings, offices - all civilian institutions. Not when the people continue to elect and vote for murderers and terrorists. Not when they refuse to allow Israel to exist. Not when they dehumanize and demonize the Jewish people. Not when they continually call upon the people to rise up and fight, murder and destruct. Not when they continue to push their children into soldiers attempting to elicit a response.

At this point they are all complicit in the atrocities and deserve the punishment that will be meted out over the next days, weeks and months. If I were not too old I would be on a plane to Israel right now to join the IDF.
Is this an official endorsement of genocide by Christian Forums?

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Keep in mind one of our mods right here says the babies on the other side should all be killed.
I can read ........ please keep your attacks against another poster properly directed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is this an official endorsement of genocide by Christian Forums?
As all Staff, I speak only for myself unless officially noted. So no, the content is not official in any capacity.

• Informative
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
How did they get that land? Who gave it to them?
The Palestinians? At the level of families and houses, they bought them. Many have deeds recognized by the Ottoman Empire to their properties, but the deeds are not recognized by Israeli courts.

As one example of the heads I win tails you lose situation...

In 1948 when the British left Palestine and violent chaos ensued, many people, both Jews and Arabs, fled their homes. A simplification, but... Jews in East Jerusalem fled west, and Arabs in West Jerusalem fled east.

Jews were evacuated from Sheikh Jarrah and, in compensation given homes in West Jerusalem that had been owned by Palestinians. 10,000 mostly fully furnished Palestinian homes in the western sector of Jerusalem alone were occupied and their original owners and Palestinians with property in other parts of Mandatory Palestine and what later became Israel are denied the right to reclaim their property.

Likewise, some displaced Palestinian Arabs were settled in East Jerusalem (then part of Jordan), some of them in houses originally owned by Jews. So in some sense there was a swap. Jews and Arabs swapped houses in the east and west.

Later, Israel occupied (and continues to occupy) East Jerusalem and the West Bank.

In 1970 ... Israel enacted a law to allow Jews to reclaim property which they owned in East Jerusalem, despite having already been given expropriated Palestinian-owned property in compensation.

So it's no longer a swap. Israeli Jews get both houses.

• Useful
Reactions: John Helpher
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.