BREAKING: Conservative reporters beaten and shot by Ottawa police with gas canister gun

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This Forum is a place for respectful discussion and debate of political issues, by Roman Catholics, in the context of the Roman Catholic Faith.

Rebel News is suing Ottawa police after a female reporter said she was beaten with police clubs and shot with a tear gas canister.

OTTAWA (LifeSiteNews) – Rebel News director Ezra Levant tweeted this morning with video evidence that a female reporter from the conservative news outlet on the ground in Ottawa was “assaulted by Trudeau’s police.” Video evidence shows Alexa Lavoie wailing in pain after she reports being beaten by police clubs and shot in the leg with a tear gas canister at point-blank range. The firing of the canister at close range was caught by photographers.

Continued below.
BREAKING: Conservative reporters beaten and shot by Ottawa police with gas canister gun - LifeSite

Dustoff

May 28, 2017
Ontario
✟87,718.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would take that with more than a grain of salt. Rebel news has very poor relations with virtually everyone. They're also known for provoking situations. I tend to be a conservative person but Rebel news would put me in the same category as Bernie Sanders.

It may well be that a cop lost his temper and provoked a situation that quickly got out of control or maybe not. I guess my point is that I would put Rebel media's reporting in the same category as social media. Same as the horse trampling the person.

All in all I think the police have done a reasonable job here.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would take that with more than a grain of salt. Rebel news has very poor relations with virtually everyone. They're also known for provoking situations. I tend to be a conservative person but Rebel news would put me in the same category as Bernie Sanders.

It may well be that a cop lost his temper and provoked a situation that quickly got out of control or maybe not. I guess my point is that I would put Rebel media's reporting in the same category as social media. Same as the horse trampling the person.

All in all I think the police have done a reasonable job here.
I’ll see if I can find another source.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“The Freedom Convoy 2022 is shocked at the abuses of power by the law enforcement in Ottawa. The police have horse-trampled on demonstrators and deployed riot control agents,” the statement, posted on Twitter on Saturday, read. “They have also beaten peaceful protestors with batons and with the stock of their guns,” the statement continues. “We have therefore asked our truckers to move from Parliament Hill to avoid further brutality.”

Continued below.
Ottawa police make forceful arrests of Canadian truck convoy protesters

Rebel News journalist Alexa Lavoie was at the front of the police line filming a Livestream when the chaos broke out. She was hit three times in the head by an officer with a baton before another officer walked up and shot her in the leg with a tear gas canister
Conservative reporters beaten and shot by Ottawa police with gas canister gun

The altercation happened on camera, in front of police, with dozens of onlookers
https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/toronto-sun-rally-1.4783933

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trudeau.jpg

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If you've seen the videos, you may notice that the so called "riot police" do not have their names or badge numbers on their uniforms. That, and the fact that there are a couple of NATO jets sitting on a nearby military base, along with testimony of many police who are supportive of the protests, strongly suggests that the "riot police" are foreign troops. That is also backed up by the fact that people who were arrested were let go once they had been removed from the protest area. They couldn't be held because the people arresting them were not actually Canadian Police Officers, but rather, Trudolf's hired thugs.

Upvote 0