Antiochian Orthodox Christian
Jun 18, 2005
✟17,565.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
gord96 said:
you guys are too polite! Chico is the ugliest dog in history.......actually that is not my dog....the dog won the world's ugliest dog contest somehwere in Asia or something.....i found it on the internet

I almost adopted a chihuahua named Chico, only he had hair. I have seen the hairless variety before, and their owners usually think they are very cute, so... didn't want to say... "hey! your dog is sooo ugly!!" :D But I've seen worse, believe it or not.

Upvote 0

choirfiend

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Pennsylvania
✟54,941.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's one of my tanks...I have 2 medium ones ( an 29 and a 38) for now, til I'm living somewhere a little more permanently. Next is Humphrey, my Paradise Fish. He was discovered by Linneus; the first fish to be discovered as a pet after the goldfish. He's an anabantid, like the Betta, so he breathes air.

Then it's my dog, Honey. She's going on 11 but she's as sprightly as ever when running after rabbits. She's a mutt thats part goldern retriever, part laborador, and part Chow-Chow, and her dad was a terrier mutt stray. She's got the curly ChowChow tail :)

Attachments

• fish2.JPG
    fish2.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Fish 016.1.jpg
    Fish 016.1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Test Run 004.jpg
    Test Run 004.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 33
  • Test Run 010.jpg
    Test Run 010.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Test Run 009.jpg
    Test Run 009.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 37
Upvote 0

ukok

Freaked out, insecure, neurotic and Emotional
Mar 1, 2003
England
Visit site
✟19,706.00
Faith
Catholic
Photini said:
Here's me n my kitty Jasmine. I also have a parakeet named Zeus. I don't have any pics of him though. He's mean, so I doubt I'll take any either.

I used to have a cat named Jasmine too!

Poor baby was run over by a car and was so ill that she eventually had to be put to sleep :cry:

Here is a picture of my other baby, I gave her a bath yesterday and then snapped a pic of her :D

Upvote 0

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Anonykat said:
I woke up this morning to a furry orange butt in my face. No, not my hubby, silly! My furbaby, Lenny! And he was just so happy, kneading and purring up a storm. I just wish he would face TOWARDS me instead of away from me during these wake up calls...

Jasmine tries to pull that one on me every night. ewwww

Upvote 0

Llauralin

Senior Veteran
Mar 23, 2005
Prizren, Kosova
✟10,831.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Maximus said:
One nice thing about having pets is that if there is a famine, you'll have a supply of meat, at least for a short while.

Keep some barbecue sauce handy or a box of Zatarain's crab boil.:yum:

Better start fattening some of those pups up, though, by the looks of 'em.
Well, ya' know, my uncles actually did try eating a couple of the pet pigeons once, and all I can say is....we'd have to be quite desperate to ever try that again. *Ugh, icky*

Now the rabbits and chickens on the other hand...they are a compleatly different matter... :yum:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Greg the byzantine

have mercy on me
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2005
✟56,796.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Llauralin said:
Well, ya' know, my uncles actually did try eating a couple of the pet pigeons once, and all I can say is....we'd have to be quite desperate to ever try that again. *Ugh, icky*

Now the rabbits and chickens on the other hand...they are a compleatly different matter... :yum:
MMM rabbit is actually pretty good :yum:

Upvote 0

Dust and Ashes

wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked
May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Llauralin said:

Got that right, darlin'. Bein' a ole country boy, I like me some squirrel dumplin's or some fried rabbit. Mmmmm. Bread that sucker up good 'n throw in some salt 'n pepper 'n some time in a iron skillet full o' lard. Gotta have some fried green t'maters (seriously, I love them) on the side and some butter beans 'n mashed taters. HOOOEEE, that'll make ye slap yer mama. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Greg the byzantine

have mercy on me
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2005
✟56,796.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Konstantinos said:
Neveer try rabbit souvlaki!!!! NEVER!! disguisting!! make a good stew though :D
I never knew they made souvlaki out of rabbit I'm guessing it gets really tough on the grill, but I agree Rabbit stew especially stifado is really good.

Upvote 0

Shubunkin

Antiochian Orthodox Christian
Jun 18, 2005
✟17,565.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, didn't ever think this thread would become recipe a la pets :D ... well, this is what I was up to yesterday. There are no fish in it, yet, but now everything except the heater is up and working (can't get the heater to stop floating).... and next pH balance, etc., and hope the cat (Calvin) stays out of the aquarium. Oh, yes, and the aquarium we are calling Calvin Theatre. :p

This aquarium is at least 36 gallons.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.