ClementofRome

Spelunking the most ancient caves of Xianity
May 27, 2004
✟5,769.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Take up competition Tae Kwon Do. Fully padded you are never "hurting" the opponent (unless there is an illegial kick). Both are fully padded and the match is tightly controlled by a referee. BTW, it is a much more grueling sport than boxing and it is impossible to "rest" on the opponent or to "rest" against the ropes and take body or arm shots while you catch your breath.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

New_Found_Faith

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2004
✟30,978.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
ClementofRome said:
Take up competition Tae Kwon Do. Fully padded you are never "hurting" the opponent (unless there is an illegial kick). Both are fully padded and the match is tightly controlled by a referee. BTW, it is a much more grueling sport than boxing and it is impossible to "rest" on the opponent or to "rest" against the ropes and take body or arm shots while you catch your breath.

I've been competing in Tae Kwon Do tournaments for a few years now. Nothing is sinful about it, though it does occasionally hurt to get kicked in the face ;)
Sean C.

Upvote 0

ClementofRome

Spelunking the most ancient caves of Xianity
May 27, 2004
✟5,769.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
New_Found_Faith said:
I've been competing in Tae Kwon Do tournaments for a few years now. Nothing is sinful about it, though it does occasionally hurt to get kicked in the face ;)
Sean C.

I am an old guy and was active in it until a couple of years ago...may still go back to it now that I am feeling pretty good. I did get hurt, but it was my back and had NOTHING to do with an opponent.

A kick below the belt ain't a fun thing either! :sorry:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.