Not open for further replies.

rightlydividingtheword

Dec 19, 2005
✟15,325.00
Faith
Christian
Peter never preached gentiles are fellow hiers,and of the same body
Ephesians 3:6
6) That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

This was only exclusive to the revelation that was given only to Paul.

If, you take out Paul's revelation; you either have to become a prosolyte,or bless a jew in order to be in right standing with God. Only through the revelation that was given to Paul, and God ushering "the dispensation of Grace" that we can attain salvation apart from Israel.

GLJCA

Jan 2, 2005
Louisiana
✟1,608.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
6) That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

If, you take out Paul's revelation; you either have to become a prosolyte,or bless a jew in order to be in right standing with God. Only through the revelation that was given to Paul, and God ushering "the dispensation of Grace" that we can attain salvation apart from Israel.

You are trying to make a case over something that was not said by another person, but you are failing miserable. First I have shown you in Paul's own words that what you say Paul's revelation was, is bogus. Paul's revelation was the same gospel as what Jesus gave to His disciples.

Here again from the words of Paul.

Rom 9:22-24 [What] if God, willing to shew [his] wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.And it shall come to pass, [that] in the place where it was said unto them, Ye [are] not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Paul is saying here that the Gentiles receive the same promise given to Israel in Hosea 2:23. Peter quotes that same verse in 1 Peter 2:10 Which in time past [were] not a people, but [are] now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

You know, if ya'll would look at the things that are similar instead of things that are dissimilar you would forget this idea.

I asked you a question and I never got an answer. Where do you find the land promise and Jesus sitting on David's throne in the kingdom gospel?
I sure would like to see where you find that.

GLJCA

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Peter speaking:

"... three men arrived at the house in which we were, sent to me from Caesarea. And the Spirit told me to go with them, making no distinction. These six brothers also accompanied me, and we entered the man's house [a Gentile, Cornelius]. And he told us how he had seen the angel stand in his house and say, 'Send to Joppa and bring Simon who is called Peter; he will declare to you a message by which you will be saved, you and all your household.' As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell on them just as on us at the beginning. And I remembered the word of the Lord, how he said, 'John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.' If then God gave the same gift to them as he gave to us when we believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could stand in God's way?" Then they heard these things they fell silent. And they glorified God, saying, "Then to the Gentiles also God has granted repentance that leads to life." Acts 11:11-18

Something else intrigues me. If the Jews were supposed to be part of the Body of Christ of which the Gentiles were also a part, and Peter were not teaching that, well, the Jews would never be taught it and so wouldn't join. You're essentially making Paul into an Apostle to the Jews as well.

Plus, Paul upbraiding Peter for not eating with Gentiles (Gal 2) ... that would be wrong of Paul, if Peter weren't supposed to be teaching One Body.

Instead of splitting races apart, though, Peter doesn't make a clearcut distinction between them:
To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. 2 Peter 1:1-2
In point of fact the 1 Peter address to the people "scattered abroad" is even argued to mean all Christians scattered abroad -- including Samaritans and Gentiles as well as Jews forced to flee by persecution. Remember, the Great Diaspora of the Jewish people has not happened -- not since Babylon. Peter is dead before Masada. Peter is dead before the Temple Destruction.

Upvote 0

rightlydividingtheword

Dec 19, 2005
✟15,325.00
Faith
Christian
[
heymickey80 quote]
Peter speaking:

"... three men arrived at the house in which we were, sent to me from Caesarea. And the Spirit told me to go with them, making no distinction. These six brothers also accompanied me, and we entered the man's house [a Gentile, Cornelius]. And he told us how he had seen the angel stand in his house and say, 'Send to Joppa and bring Simon who is called Peter; he will declare to you a message by which you will be saved, you and all your household.' As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell on them just as on us at the beginning. And I remembered the word of the Lord, how he said, 'John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.' If then God gave the same gift to them as he gave to us when we believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could stand in God's way?" Then they heard these things they fell silent. And they glorified God, saying, "Then to the Gentiles also God has granted repentance that leads to life." Acts 11:11-18

Something else intrigues me. If the Jews were supposed to be part of the Body of Christ of which the Gentiles were also a part, and Peter were not teaching that, well, the Jews would never be taught it and so wouldn't join. You're essentially making Paul into an Apostle to the Jews as well.

Plus, Paul upbraiding Peter for not eating with Gentiles (Gal 2) ... that would be wrong of Paul, if Peter weren't supposed to be teaching One Body.

Instead of splitting races apart, though, Peter doesn't make a clearcut distinction between them:
[/QUOTE]
Peter and the eleven was comissioned to go to the gentiles; but in a particular order;Jews first,Samaritans second, and then last gentiles.

Luke 24:46-47

46) And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 47) And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

"Then to the Gentiles also God has granted repentance that leads to life."

The idea of gentiles recieving remission of sins was never a mystery"

The mystery is Gentiles recieving salvation apart from Israel; God's agency to reconcile the earth

Isaiah 60:1-3

1) Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
2) For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. 3) And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

We we're to recieve salvation through Israel.
Isaiah 61:5-6

5) And strangers(gentiles) shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers. 6) But ye(israel) shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our lord

In this dispensation Israel is not the one ministering salvation.

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Peter and the eleven was comissioned to go to the gentiles; but in a particular order;Jews first,Samaritans second, and then last gentiles.
Again, no reason to upbraid Peter in Antioch (Gal 2). Peter should have started with Jews alone if he were commissioned to Jews first.

But Paul says he was wrong.

So'f Peter were doing what you said, he was wrong, according to Paul.
Luke 24:46-47
46) And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 47) And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Had to start somewhere. Now, you were saying ...?
"Then to the Gentiles also God has granted repentance that leads to life."

The idea of gentiles recieving remission of sins was never a mystery
Oh, but it was.
This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel. Eph 3:6
The mystery is Gentiles recieving salvation apart from Israel; God's agency to reconcile the earth
Um, check out Eph 3:6 -- fellow heirs I think it says, not "apart from Israel" but "together with them" (Heb 11:39-40), "no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God" (Ep 2:19)

Isaiah 60:1-3

1) Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
2) For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. 3) And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

We we're to recieve salvation through Israel.
Jewish people are to receive the same light as we. "the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee". The Gentiles come, they receive the light of God.

"The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world." John 1:9
Isaiah 61:5-6

5) And strangers(gentiles) shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers. 6) But ye(israel) shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our lord

In this dispensation Israel is not the one ministering salvation.
Prior to Christ, Jewish people were considered wierd easterners who didn't believe in our gods. Afterward they are indeed named priests and servants of the LORD. It's occurred in this dispensation.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What your saying just does not line up with the Bible.

Acts 15:7-9
And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: "Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. [8] So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us, [9] and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.