British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The surviving suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings has been charged with using a weapon of mass destruction, the US Department of Justice says.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who was charged in hospital, could face the death penalty.

A White House spokesman has said Mr Tsarnaev will not be treated as an "enemy combatant", as suggested by some Republican members of Congress.

The twin bomb attack near the finishing line of the marathon killed three people, and injured more than 200.

He has been unable to speak because of a throat wound, though he has reportedly responded to questions in writing.

BBC News - Boston marathon bombing: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev charged

I doubt this vile man will ever be free again. He should never be unlocked and let out onto society. But what went wrong? Why would a bright, cool teenager completely ruin their own life just to blow up a few innocent civilians? Some people really are incredibly stupid, I guess.

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

PatrickM

What? You're not a Fightin' Irish fan????
Jan 8, 2004
Utah now!
✟9,870.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If he's a "vile man" without even being convicted, why have a trial? I understand the presumption of innocence does not apply to personal opinion. However, I hope intelligent, clear headed people will at least try to avoid this "mob-revenge" mentality long enough to hear all the facts.

Remember Richard Jewell.

Upvote 0

ulu

Sep 15, 2005
underground
✟12,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Tsarnaev’s condition improves; brothers reportedly motivated by U.S. wars

If this is true, then he, like I and many others, disagrees with the US wars in afghanistan etc, main difference being in his mind this disagreement gives him the right to kill or maim anyone he wants, to show his displeasure.

Let him die in the hospital. Don't waste another second caring for him or feeding him. Give him a bible, so for the couple days he may last without water he has another opportunity to see the light.
He needs to go though.

Upvote 0

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

If this is true, then he, like I and many others, disagrees with the US wars in afghanistan etc, main difference being in his mind this disagreement gives him the right to kill or maim anyone he wants, to show his displeasure.

Let him die in the hospital. Don't waste another second caring for him or feeding him. Give him a bible, so for the couple days he may last without water he has another opportunity to see the light.
He needs to go though.

We operate by the rule of law. Whatever he (almost certainly, but currently only allegedly) did, he is an American citizen and that entitles him to the right to a jury trial.

Upvote 0

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

He needs to go though.

It is truly chilling to read this kind of thing from one of my proported Christian brothers. You need to get down on your knees and pray that God will break your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

He needs to go though.

You should make sure you do not become the very monster you are fighting against. I understand your emotions on this, but don't let yourself turn into a monster.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
We operate by the rule of law. Whatever he (almost certainly, but currently only allegedly) did, he is an American citizen and that entitles him to the right to a jury trial.
If you claim to be civilised, or if you believe in the US constitution, it's the fact that he's a human being that entitles him to trial by jury, not the fact that he's a US citizen.

Upvote 0

PatrickM

What? You're not a Fightin' Irish fan????
Jan 8, 2004
Utah now!
✟9,870.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If you claim to be civilised, or if you believe in the US constitution, it's the fact that he's a human being that entitles him to trial by jury, not the fact that he's a US citizen.
Though true in theory, unfortunately there isn't any kind of universal court of human beings. Some countries don't have trials by juries.

Trial by jury in the US is defined by the US Constitution. And since his ALLEGED crimes were committed here, then our rule of law (the Constitution) applies.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Evidence against him looks unquestionable. He'll be lucky to get life without parole.
While this is to some extent true, something tells me it will be a while. First you have to find 14 people who do NOT have their mind set in stone that he did it. Those 14 people that you get also must ALL support AND vote for the death penalty, if you have ONE person on that 12 member jury who either A does not support the death penalty or B does not vote for it in this particular case he will NOT face the death penalty since the rule of law is that to receive the death penalty all members of the jury must BOTH convict beyond a reasonable doubt ( depending on who you asks that is 95 to 99% certain AND vote for the death penalty. Then there is the LONG process of appeals so no matter what he gets I doubt he will see freedom OR die for his supposed crime any time soon.

Upvote 0