Bosses

T

The Seeker

"When the body was first created, there was contention among the component parts as to who was going to be the boss.

The brain said: "Since I am the nerve center that controls everything and does all of the thinking, I should be the boss."

The hands said: "Since I carry all the friggin' weight, I should be the boss."

The hands said: "Since I must do all the manual labour and earn all the money to keep the rest of you going, I should be the boss."

The eyes said: "Since I must look out for all of you and let you know when danger lurks, I should be the boss."

And so it went with the heart, the lungs and various other component parts of the body, till there was no one left but the anus. All the others laughed when he made his bid for bosshood, for who ever heard of an anus being boss of anythng? This rebuff upset the anus so much that in a pique of anger he closed himself off completely and refused to function any further.

Soon the brain was feverish; the eyes crossed and ached; the feet were too weak to carry the load; the hands hung limply at the sides; and the heart, the lungs, and all the rest of the component parts struggled to keep going. They all capitulated to the anus, and he finally became the boss.

While they did all the work, the anus just basked and let out a lot of hot air, along with the other material that it is the anus's function to let out.

The moral of this little epidsode is that it takes no special talent to be a boss - so why have one if everyone knows how to work together in harmony? Think about it!
" - anon

Thoughts?

Reactions: merryheart

sinner/SAVED

homo unis libri / εραστής της φρόνησης
Dec 3, 2004
Sowega
✟11,386.00
Faith
Methodist
Politics
US-Democrat
The Seeker said:
What do we need leaders for? To tell us to do things we already know how to do?

Just because we know how to do and we also know what we ought to do, doesn't mean that we are going to do them. That's why our world is in the state it's in. We don't do what we know we ought to do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums