Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
there is a hard cider called "Original Sin"
it is nice and dry but still has some good apple flavor to it without it being too fruity
like I had the stella artois cidre and it might as well have been a dry white wine, you could not even tell it had any apples in it, I mean I tend to like crisp dry cider, but I still want some of the fruit to come through

Clos De Normand is another good cider, and cheap! lol there is a lil wine bar that me and some of my friends go to, and we will share a bottle of wine or maybe try a few wines by the glass, and then we will get a couple bottles of cheap cider

I stick with Beer/Wine/Cider
I get too wild when I drink hard liquor
lol I used to drink Gin and Tonics

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If you are a wine drinker and you can find a reliable source, most of the wines from Georgia are amazing. The problem is the russian mafia producing counterfeits which are rubbish, hence the need for a reliable source.

Upvote 0

WisdomTree

Philosopher
Feb 2, 2012
Lincoln
✟15,879.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm quite a fan of Cabernet Franc. In a way, it kinda smells like farts, but once you have a few it is actually very nice. For beers, I myself enjoy Kilkenny quite a lot. If you ever visit New Zealand though, I would strongly recommend the Monteith's range as well as the Green Man range (the latter is organic). They are absolutely b-e-a-utiful!

As for hard stuff, if you enjoy scotch, I'd recommend Johnnie Walker (cause everyone knows about it) or Crown Royal.

If really want hard stuff and know how to drink it, 60%-75% Absinthe (no stronger). You'll burn your throat and possibly give yourself oral cancer if you drink it neat, so I suggest drinking it the proper way with water and sugar cube (the alcohol content should get below 50%).

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
If really want hard stuff and know how to drink it, 60%-75% Absinthe (no stronger). You'll burn your throat and possibly give yourself oral cancer if you drink it neat, so I suggest drinking it the proper way with water and sugar cube (the alcohol content should get below 50%).

And laudanum. Don't forget laudanum.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

Dylan Michael

Senior Veteran
Jul 15, 2010
Central Florida
✟22,692.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I've had Absinthe. I didn't care for it that much. It was to Anise-y.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WisdomTree

Philosopher
Feb 2, 2012
Lincoln
✟15,879.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Just an FYI that Crown Royal isn't scotch (it's Canadian). IMO Canadian Club is just as good and tons cheaper.

I knew it! I thought it went down way to smoothly. Just that in that particular night, I had way too much...

Upvote 0