Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
They can be fiction or non-fiction where someone goes to hell or it describes hell in detail, preferably something you've read. I prefer non-fiction, but fiction is good too. Non-fiction so I can be sure God and the afterlife exists (people with stories having been to Hell is more convincing to me than stories of people having been to Heaven). Fiction for entertainment, like someone goes into Hell to fight Demons and recover an artifact, rescue his wife/sister/brother, etc.

I know one. 23 Minutes in Hell.

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
C. S. Lewis', The Screwtape Letters

This is a fictional collection of short stories about demons, written from the demons POV (VERY unusual for Lewis). These were first presented by Lewis as a series of radio broadcasts in England during WWII (if memory serves). I realize that this is not what you were looking for specifically, but The Screwtape Letters is such an important book (for Christians to read) and such a good read (it is one of Lewis' best and a Christian Classic too) that I thought I'd suggest it to you anyway.

These stories are not about Hell, at least not principally, but Lewis' book, even though fictional, will help convince you of the reality of the unseen spiritual world that surrounds us. It will also help you get a much better sense and understanding of how the demons operate in our lives to tempt us and make our lives as miserable as as they can.

He, in fact, intended the book as a means of helping Christians recognize demonic attacks for what they are, and far more quickly as well.

Question, do you feel that God lied to you or has given you another reason to not be able to trust Him/take Him at His word? If not, then why not choose to do so by believing/trusting what He has to say about Heaven and Hell in the Bible (instead of listening to an account of things from a human being which may not be true)?

God bless you!

--David
p.s. - the link to Lewis', The Screwtape Letters at the top is to a place on the Web where you can read it/download for free. However, the best edition is the 50th Anniversary Annotated edition (because of all the extras that it includes about the book and about Lewis, from others and from Lewis Himself. So if you don't mind spending the $$, you can buy that edition of the book here: https://www.amazon.com/Screwtape-Le...th+anniverary+annotated&qid=1604446824&sr=8-4

In either case, be sure to read whatever accompanying material is included (intros/prefaces/etc.), because it will help you understand the unusual POV that this book takes. As a for instance, whenever you see the word, "Enemy", in this book it is referring to God (because, again, the entire book is written from demons' POV, tempter to tempter :eek:).

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can suggest two books about hell.
What ever happened to hell by John Blanchard
The great divorce by c s Lewes

Be warned Blanchard is a steamroller he likes up logical arguments and advances, has a goodhistorical survey of how hell has been viewed.

Upvote 0

AppleGold

Apr 18, 2019
Follansbee
✟22,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The only thing I've read by CS Lewis is Narnia series.
And the bible, and I can't help but to think it was written by man. This website makes a good point and is only about 2 pages long. But I was wondering about that even before I discovered that website.
I was hoping to read about people who have experienced or have seen hell/heaven supernatural first hand account. They say when you die, your brain still can live on, like a dream and many of these afterdeath experiences are just that, instead of afterlife experiences. However, in a dream, there are general rules.
1. If it is a good dream, it will be everything you'd expect. Thus I find very few of I've been to Heaven experiences credible. This follows dream logic, so it can be either or.
2. You cannot feel pain in a dream. People who have been to hell say they have experienced an immense amount of pain. This defies dream logic, therefore they must really be in Hell.
3. You cannot smell things in a dream. People who have been to hell say the smell of sulfur and other smells are very strong. This defies dream logic, therefore they must really be in Hell.
4. Sound is limited in a dream, even the worst of nightmares. People who have been to hell say it is enough to burst out your eardrums. This defies dream logic, therefore they must really be in Hell.
Or a book about someone experiencing God/Demons/angers here on Earth would be good, a non-fiction, written by a non schizo author.

Upvote 0