Book

KJV: And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book

Last edited:

Exodus20

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
✟7,742.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The verse that you are asking about is found in the Book of "Daniel" , in the Old Testament. "Daniel" is one of the "Prophetic", or Books of Prophecy. The "Prophetical" Books go from Isaiah to Malachi. In the English language the word 'Prophecy' or 'Prophet' can often have two meanings. That makes things a little hard to understand sometimes.

{ For instance - the Prophet Isaiah lived during the reigns of different Kings. Sometimes he is writing/speaking to the king who was alive at the time and he was doing what is "Forth telling" = In other words, he is telling the King and/or the people who were living at that same moment that some thing/event was going to happen and that the Lord God in Heaven was Holy and the people were far from God , and God was not happy with them. The enemies ( such as from Assyria ) would come and destroy Israel. The King would die. { I really condensed and paraphrased many chapters. Study the Bible for yourself to see what I am trying to tell you / teach you . }

The other kind of 'Prophetical word' or 'Prophecy' is when Prophets predicted something that would take place in the future--- often times centuries after the Prophecy was given. { Example for a famous Prophecy is found in Isaiah chapter 7 verse 14. "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign ; Behold, a virgin shall conceive , and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. " That was Prophesied by Isaiah about 735 B.C. but did come to pass until Matthew chapter 1 verse 22, 23 about 740 years later. Also see the 1st & 2nd chapters of Luke. }

The verse in Daniel ( 12:1 ) is talking about "Michael the Archangel." You can read other verses in the Bible that mention Michael the Archangel in these places: Daniel chapter 10: v.13, v.21 ; Jude 9 ; Revelation chapter 12: vs. 7-9 ( also called The Apocalypse in some Bibles. )
That part of Daniel's Prophecy ( or 'Vision' ) will most probably be fulfilled in the Future. Most Bible cross References point to Matthew ( 1st book of the new Testament ) , chapter 24. In chapter 24 & 25 The Lord Jesus Christ gave a long and detailed message about future events.

I think - and other people also ... that the 'book' mentioned or referred to in Daniel 12:1 is what is otherwise called: "The Lamb's Book of Life." The reference for that is in Revelation chapter 21 v. 27.

If you can get ( own your own copy ) a Bible , I suggest "The Open Bible" published by Thomas Nelson publishers in the U.S.A.. I have had one for 33+ years , and it is full of good helps to understand the Bible. Many index helps and each book of the Bible has an introduction explaining : Who wrote it ; Why it was written ; to Who it was written ; When it was written , and very helpful: They explain what type ( kind) of literature it is. There is also a very helpful section titled: "The Christian Life study Outlines". Very good! The first five books are called "The Pentateuch" , and sometimes called "The books of Moses." Genesis & Exodus are basic to understanding all of the rest of the Bible.

[[ Right now in America we have thousands of people walking around in circles like blind people --- and they claim to be "Christians" , but they have never , ever read the Old Testament ( otherwise known as "The Hebrew Bible". ) Some have read a few of the Psalms that make them feel good inside... but most have never read Moses or the Prophets. We all need to start at the beginning - so that when read passages in the New Testament , we can understand them better. ]]

I would strongly urge you to get some good basic Bible study books ... if you have some extra spending money , and if you can buy them without getting in trouble in your town , village or with family members....

I know that some places where Russian is the language ... there may not be "Freedom of Religion" like we have in the U.S.A.. or Canada, or Great Britain or Switzerland. Be careful !

If you can buy some books then get a copy of "Halley's Bible Handbook". Get a "Bible Dictionary" . Get a Bible "Concordance". If you cannot buy the books or get them delivered where you live at , then you can read some very good websites on the internet with many helpful tools for you to better understand the Bible.

Try "Bible Hub" or "Bible Gateway' , or "Blue letter Bible" , or others which have different Bible versions for you to read from by just pointing and clicking. I will try and find the web links for you to look at. I know there are websites that have Christian study tools & Bible helps in the Russian language. Another helpful tool is called a "Commentary". Those websites mentioned above have several Commentaries to look at. Many of those learned men knew the Hebrew and Greek languages very well and were able to give good ideas and insights into certain passages of the Bible. You can look up Daniel , chapter 12 and see what different men have written. Point , and click and learn ! :)

I hope this post/reply helps you.

Remember this: The Apostle John said that he wrote the words down in his Gospel - so that other people would / could read about the long promised Messiah ( The Christ ) , and by reading they would come to have faith in The Lord Jesus Christ. It was not easy to be a Christian in the 1st Century A.D.. { It was dangerous! } John did not get rich making money or living in a fancy house. He ( and the other Apostles/Disciples did it so that we might believe in Christ , and by believing in Him, we can have eternal Life. John 14: 6

Upvote 0