Book Thread?

Barrenlimb

Dec 22, 2003
✟15,419.00
Faith
Christian
So I was wondering how a thread written like a book would pan out. You know how some people play a game where someone starts a story and then the next person adds to the story and then so on and so on...

Well, what about an adventure that is written like a book. Everyone controls the main character and the npc's. The thread starter begins the story by laying out the characters personality to an extent and the storyline to an extent and then other people post as to continue the development of the story and character. Would something like this be fun? Would it work?

cyberwing

Blessed beyond the curse!
Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟37,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Barrenlimb, that is basically what most of the rpg's are. Have you read any of the writing going on in the movies and books area? The one thing that would be really hard about your idea is everyone writing the same character. That would probably not work out very well. Even when writers collaborate they usually don't write for the same character unless they work unusually well together.

Personally, I am so very proud of the writing talent in the Enkar thread. (sorry I have to brag on them...:) http://www.christianforums.com/t67251

You really have to have someone in control of the direction of the story or it will get hopelessly bogged down when everyone wants to go in a different direction. Perhaps if you had some guidelines it would help. If you wish to discuss some more, please feel free to PM me.

Good luck!
~Cyberwing

Upvote 0