LDS BOOK OF MORMON FALSE HISTORY

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
CFR where God appeared to your list as a man in a human form.
We were talking about 'God being seen', not necessarily God being seen in human form.

But read the following if you want human form:
Exodus 33:11-23
11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

12 And Moses said unto the Lord, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight.

13 Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.

14 And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.

15 And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.

16 For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth.

17 And the Lord said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.

18 And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.

19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

21 And the Lord said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:

22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:

23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

See the bold words. In this 13 verses we learn that God:
1) had a face, so we can conclude he has a mouth, nose, eyes, ears, etc.
2) had at least 1 hand, so we can conclude that he probably has 2 hand attached to 2 arms.
3) had back parts, we can assume he has a back, and lower back.

One more note is that even though Moses saw God's glory passing by, Moses also saw his 'back parts'. So Moses at the same time that he saw his 'glory', he also saw his 'back parts'. You will see why this verbiage is important in a minute.

So when it says that we humans were made in the image and likeness of God, it is true, because Moses saw him and can testify that it is true. God's image and likeness is of a Man.

Lastly, Stephen saw Jesus standing on the right side of God. Let's read it then I will comment:
Acts 7:55-56King James Version (KJV)
55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Notice that in vs 56 Stephen not only see Gods glory, but he also saw God.
Like Moses saw God's glory and his hand and his backparts at the same time.
(besides I thought that you could not see all of Gods glory??? Stephen apparently did and he did not die from it. He did die from stones for saying he saw 2 Gods though)
Did you also notice in verses 55 and 56 it says Stephen saw God twice, wheareas it says Stephen saw the glory of God only once. So I'm sticking to Stephen saw God standing next to Jesus. 2 separate and distinct Men, in the form of human Men, standing next to each other. Mormonism 101.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟220,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We were talking about 'God being seen', not necessarily God being seen in human form.

And that is the point. God the Father has never been seen, especially in human form. To believe Joseph Smith's account would make God a liar.

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And that is the point. God the Father has never been seen, especially in human form. To believe Joseph Smith's account would make God a liar.
Man has not seen God at any time unless they are men of God such as Moses or Joseph Smith

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Incorrect. There are no exceptions.
Would you tell that to Jesus's face??? I would like to be there when you do.

John 6:46
46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

Just in case you do not know what the word 'save' means in this context, it means 'except'. So good luck telling Jesus that there are 'no exceptions'.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
John 6:46
46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

Just to make it clear, the word 'save' in this context means 'except'. So because JS is of God, he comes under the exception, and he did see God, just like Moses and other prophets and other people in the OT and NT.

Does John 6:46 make God a liar? If you come to the conclusion that God is not a liar, then you must admit that God has been seen by men of God throughout the history of the world.

Your choice:
1) God is a liar???
2) Men of God have seen God???

Which one do you choose????

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Maybe the elephants were mammoths.

Here a few miles from my town in Texas is a "Mammoth Site" where many mammoth skeletons can be seen, a veritable "burial ground" of non-wooly mammoths (so the guide said)...

It's almost as if the animals all went there to die, to be among their kind.

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe the elephants were mammoths.

Here a few miles from my town in Texas is a "Mammoth Site" where many mammoth skeletons can be seen, a veritable "burial ground" of non-wooly mammoths (so the guide said)...

It's almost as if the animals all went there to die, to be among their kind.

No. In the story line the Jaradites bring their animals with them so probably 2 young elephants. They are never mentioned again just that once. So apparently they didn't make it past the second or third generation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Bible says different

Psalm 91
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

God the Father isn't an exalted man.

Upvote 0