Visit site
✟261.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Has anyone read this book? I am considering ourchasing it.

Here is a link to it:http://www.puritanpublications.com/Books/SimpleOverview.htm

Scroll down to it.

I have read the book many times. The book is a dialogue between a student and his professor concerning Covenant Theology. The ultimate goal of this work is to show how God deals covenentally with His children throughout redemptive history. In in my opinion there are many straw-man arguements against those who do not include the children of believers in the New Covenant. I am Reformed Baptist and differ concerning the nature of New Covenant from many of my Presbyterian Brothers and Sisters.. I know Dr McMahon personally and can say that he teaches a belief that called "Presumptive Regeneration." If you want I can give you a link to a 4-part series on this I was there during the fist two and then had to leave the church upon addressing this issue directly with Dr. Matt. I believe it's a dangerous teaching and does violence to the Gospel. . It teaches that the baptised children, including newborns of believers are to be presumed saved and therefore part of the Church until they show otherwise.It also teaches the God looks upon those children who are baptised differently then those that are not. At which point they (they showing otherwise) are excommunicated from the church. With that being said there are MANY MANY other good works written on Covenant Theology.
I wish I had the book infront of me so that I could share some things but I sent my copy to Dr Tom Ascol and he gave it to Dr Fred Malone for an update in one of his works.

It believe that there is a LOT great truths shared in A Simple Overview of Covenant Theology and it is easy to follow, but still falls short in explaining the Nature of the New Covenant as spoken in Jer 31. I hope this is helpful and if you would like further information please feel free to contact me directly through email and I hope this helps!

In Christ,
MC

Upvote 0