Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Of Trump supporters....

Woman Charged with Attempted Murder in Yorba Linda Protest

The BLM protest against police violence and systemic racism started at about 2 p.m. on Imperial Highway, but a larger group of Trump boosters also showed up. Orange County sheriff's deputies declared it an unlawful assembly by 2:40 p.m. and ordered everyone to disperse, Sheriff's Sgt. Dennis Breckner said.

Turner, who was believed to be affiliated with the "Caravan of Justice,'' which is a car-based protest supporting BLM, was driving out of the Yorba Linda Public Library lot when she steered her compact car through an intersection, hitting a man and a woman, according to sheriff's spokeswoman Carrie Braun.

At least no one was killed. Laws need to be passed regarding who is right in these situations....they're too frequent.

• Informative
Reactions: Chrystal-J

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Is he the guy who pointed a gun at a driver and got shot?

eh, sort of. The driver blew a red light and drove into a crowd of people. Foster was there and, at least according to a picture from moments before the shooting, had the gun across his chest, pointed down - not at the driver. The sequence of events at the exact moment of the shooting are, AFAIK, somewhat unclear, but what is clear from a couple different videos is that the driver instigated the situation by driving recklessly into the crowd. I don't know what the laws are like in TX, but I don't know how what I saw in the videos would still allow him to claim self-defense.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
eh, sort of. The driver blew a red light and drove into a crowd of people. Foster was there and, at least according to a picture from moments before the shooting, had the gun across his chest, pointed down - not at the driver. The sequence of events at the exact moment of the shooting are, AFAIK, somewhat unclear, but what is clear from a couple different videos is that the driver instigated the situation by driving recklessly into the crowd. I don't know what the laws are like in TX, but I don't know how what I saw in the videos would still allow him to claim self-defense.

You know, I don't think I followed this one much because of the wildly conflicting accounts. I figured the details would come out eventually...

I can't find the video you're talking about....just one with a dark sedan. Is that the car the shooter was in?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You know, I don't think I followed this one much because of the wildly conflicting accounts. I figured the details would come out eventually...

I can't find the video you're talking about....just one with a dark sedan. Is that the car the shooter was in?

Yeah. I've seen two videos. One shot from across the street where the car is barely visible through the crowd for a couple frames, and then this one:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1287279078186205184

We talked about it back in July:
Garrett Foster Brought His Gun to Austin Protests. Then He Was Shot Dead.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah. I've seen two videos. One shot from across the street where the car is barely visible through the crowd for a couple frames, and then this one:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1287279078186205184

We talked about it back in July:
Garrett Foster Brought His Gun to Austin Protests. Then He Was Shot Dead.

Ok....so not the car in the majority of the video.

Sadly, I can't really tell who is in front of the vehicle in either case nor what they're doing.

Didn't Austin cut their police department's funding? Perhaps that's the reason why this is moving so slowly.

Upvote 0