Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Thank you but what is a Dikirion and Trikirion? The candles I assume. Off to google.

Edit: Yes. That is what they are.

"The dikirion holds two candles, representing the dual nature of Jesus, and the trikirion holds three, representing the three persons of the Holy Trinity"
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dikirion_and_trikirion

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dylan Michael

Senior Veteran
Jul 15, 2010
Central Florida
✟22,692.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Dylan Michael,

That is my parish's bishop, Richard Seminack :)

I think that's one of the more beautiful DL videos I could find.
I haven't been to a DL in a while, I want to go sometime soon, but there's not too many Byzantine Churches around here. I've been to Ruthenian, Ukrainian, and Melkite. I have to say that Ukrainian was my favorite.

Upvote 0

GoingByzantine

Seeking the Narrow Road
Site Supporter
Jun 19, 2013
✟92,845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think that's one of the more beautiful DL videos I could find.
I haven't been to a DL in a while, I want to go sometime soon, but there's not too many Byzantine Churches around here. I've been to Ruthenian, Ukrainian, and Melkite. I have to say that Ukrainian was my favorite.

Outside of the UGCC, I have been to a Ruthenian church as well.

Im interested in finding a Coptic Catholic church, I heard there are some on the coasts here in the U.S.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Irish Melkite

Melkite Greek-Catholic
Dec 30, 2004
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟1,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Outside of the UGCC, I have been to a Ruthenian church as well.

Im interested in finding a Coptic Catholic church, I heard there are some on the coasts here in the U.S.

GB,

There are only 2 Coptic Catholic parishes in the US - St Mary's in LA and Resurrection in Brooklyn, NY:

Find Us - By Church - Coptic Catholic Church - United States - California - CA: Los Angeles - 7

Find Us - By Church - Coptic Catholic Church - United States - New York - NY: Brooklyn - 2

There is a Coptic Catholic community in Nashville, however, at present, it is only pastorally served every 2 to 3 months:

Find Us - By Church - Coptic Catholic Church - United States - Tennessee - TN: Nashville

There are reportedly three other Coptic Catholic communities in the US, one each in Boston, New Jersey, and Chicago. However, we haven't been able to obtain any information on those for inclusion in the Directory.

Many years,

Neil

Upvote 0