Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I thought some things earlier, that I should have known better, that I think blasphemed God. I got mixed up with that verse where man gains knowledge of good and evil and cannot eat from the tree of life and I thought like "so if they had eaten from the tree of life would they have become like God?" And I've said bad things against the Holy Spirit before that felt too willing (I don't think He'a evil, I just thought I was doomed by my involuntary thoughts and I ended up saying bad things against Him that I don't mean) I feel like my mind is too carnal, like I can't be saved for all my terrible thoughts. Can blaspheming God be forgiven? And is the unforgivable sin willingly saying any bad words even if I don't mean it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OcifferPls

Berean Baptist
Oct 27, 2016
The Frigid North
✟26,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The gospel states, rather point blank, that it cannot nor will be forgiven. Some theologies go to great lengths to change this message into something else having to do with being about faith, etc., but I do not, because I have no need as I also do not subscribe to Catholic theology which prescribes "infinite" penalties for sins against an infinite God. Scripture, again in a straight-forward sense, states that we reap what we sow, and the measure we use is measured back to us.

So, in that, there is both reason to fear, and reason to not be condemned. In a similar sense, don't shoot yourself in the foot: it may not kill you, but you might not get to keep that foot.

However, coming from a more over-arching, "eternal" perspective, it could be argued that blasphemy of the H.S. is at the root of our problems, since "the beginning," and if there is no reconciliation from that original fall, then there is no gospel. If that is true, and so is the gospel, then there is a way to be reconciled to God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I thought some things earlier, that I should have known better, that I think blasphemed God. I got mixed up with that verse where man gains knowledge of good and evil and cannot eat from the tree of life and I thought like "so if they had eaten from the tree of life would they have become like God?" And I've said bad things against the Holy Spirit before that felt too willing (I don't think He'a evil, I just thought I was doomed by my involuntary thoughts and I ended up saying bad things against Him that I don't mean) I feel like my mind is too carnal, like I can't be saved for all my terrible thoughts. Can blaspheming God be forgiven? And is the unforgivable sin willingly saying any bad words even if I don't mean it?

Relax and follow Jesus friend , If you and I could mess up and lose our salvation we would .. Jesus is the author of our salvation , not us . Romans 12:2 .. Renew your mind by learning and agreeing with the Word . Being afraid and developing the fear of God is the greatest thing to happen .. Grow up , be sober minded and love the Word .. Peace Bro .. Proverbs 4:27

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The gospel states, rather point blank, that it cannot nor will not be forgiven. Some theologies go to great lengths to change this message into something else having to do with being about faith, etc., but I do not, because I have no need as I also do not subscribe to Catholic theology which prescribes "infinite" penalties for sins against an infinite God. Scripture, again in a straight-forward sense, states that we reap what we sow, and the measure we use is measured back to us.

So, in that, there is both reason to fear, and reason to not be condemned. In a similar sense, don't shoot yourself in the foot: it may not kill you, but you might not get to keep that foot.

However, coming from a more over-arching, "eternal" perspective, it could be argued that blasphemy of the H.S. is at the root of our problems, since "the beginning," and if there is no reconciliation from that original fall, then there is no gospel. If that is true, and so is the gospel, then there is a way to be reconciled to God.

So you think I have committed the unforgivable sin?

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Let's just say I've been all over the map, and enough times to know where I'm going.

I'm assuming you mean negative, you're okay with eternal fire and maggots, seeing Jesus who died for forgiveness of sins and hearing Him say "GET AWAY FROM ME YOU EVILDOERS"

Upvote 0

OcifferPls

Berean Baptist
Oct 27, 2016
The Frigid North
✟26,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm assuming you mean negative, you're okay with eternal fire and maggots, seeing Jesus who died for forgiveness of sins and hearing Him say "GET AWAY FROM ME YOU EVILDOERS"

A bit more like this:

"And Jesus said to him, 'Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.'"

...surrounded by those cursing and inwardly crucifying the lamb that was slain from the foundation of the world.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
A bit more like this:

"And Jesus said to him, 'Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.'"

...surrounded by those cursing and inwardly crucifying the lamb that was slain from the foundation of the world.

Oh, I don't always pick up tone right just reading text. I assumed you mean negative like, most people are guilty of the unforgivable sin and are going to hell. Sorry, my mistake.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums