✟24,480.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hello.
What strikes me when communicating with Christians is their dogmatism. Isn’t it very bad? Kind of, oh you’re so wrong, you’re blasphemous. As if they own the truth. Even though they all have each their own ideas about what truth is. Isn’t it peculiar? isn’t it bad to be fixated on some abstract ideas as truth? Don’t you have to be open to God, however He opens up to you? Aren’t we supposed to be seekers with a fresh and open outlook at everything? It’s as if Christians replace God with their ideas… Isn’t it idolatry and very wrong?

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello.
What strikes me when communicating with Christians is their dogmatism. Isn’t it very bad? Kind of, oh you’re so wrong, you’re blasphemous. As if they own the truth. Even though they all have each their own ideas about what truth is. Isn’t it peculiar? isn’t it bad to be fixated on some abstract ideas as truth? Don’t you have to be open to God, however He opens up to you? Aren’t we supposed to be seekers with a fresh and open outlook at everything?
We open our minds like we open our mouths. . .to close them on something solid.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
its not quite the same but heard a preacher in the 1930's I think and was talking about something and said "some may disagree or have different doctrines that don't change salvation and thats ok."

We know what He started He will finish. We all grow differently

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello.
What strikes me when communicating with Christians is their dogmatism. Isn’t it very bad? Kind of, oh you’re so wrong, you’re blasphemous. As if they own the truth. Even though they all have each their own ideas about what truth is. Isn’t it peculiar? isn’t it bad to be fixated on some abstract ideas as truth? Don’t you have to be open to God, however He opens up to you? Aren’t we supposed to be seekers with a fresh and open outlook at everything? It’s as if Christians replace God with their ideas… Isn’t it idolatry and very wrong?

The scriptures tell us the truth, so there are some things that can’t be wavered on. Christianity is not simply a believe whatever you want religion. Our doctrines must be backed by scripture and at the same time it can’t contradict scripture as well. That’s how we can determine whether it is truth or not and when we see people in error we should point out that error by quoting the scriptures that it is contradictory to so that they can see the truth.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello.

Yes.

Now, not all are 'mature' yet. Of course. Just as you would expect with hundreds of millions of Christians, not all believe, and not all are 'mature'.

But in time as we mature, we should be following this instruction below (Romans ch 14) which is about when some might mistakenly get dogmatic about their own individual viewpoints and scruples (which are not the gospel itself, but other things some think are important, individually or in a certain church with some special rules that are unlike most other churches): Romans 14 NIV
Those are not the most essential central things like whether God exists, or whether Christ is from God, but instead peripheral (often cultural in reality) beliefs about extra scruples/rules some have on their own (though some will at times attach those extraneous beliefs onto some bible verses where it's possible to paint the idea onto the verse when taken out of full context).

Upvote 0