Oct 23, 2004
Utah, USA
✟32,616.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Tawhano said:
Recently in my wife’s ward a man gave a talk where he mentioned that Billy Graham used the BoM to prepare his sermons. The man went on to say that the CoJCoLDS officials told him to stop.

Any truth to this?
Not that this one knows.... sounds like a rumor, sheesh.
LoL

Yah they probably didn't want to get sued by Billy graham or his relatives...

Upvote 0

Blackmarch

Legend
Oct 23, 2004
Utah, USA
✟32,616.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Tawhano said:
I don't understand why he thought he needed to report this and why he wasn't corrected if it isn't something the church believed to be true.
Don't know anything of the situation, nor any involved... how publicized was this event? otherwise all we have really is the account(s) from the OP.

Upvote 0

skylark1

In awesome wonder
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
✟14,176.00
Faith
Christian
Apex said:
Oh you mean like the OC urban legend where we have horns? :)

It is funny Apex that you call this an "OC urban legend" when the only people who post here that I have ever seen bring this up are LDS. Why do you think that some LDS persist in propagating this myth?

Upvote 0

jeffC

noob
Feb 6, 2006
✟10,537.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
buddy mack said:
fuzz said:
Are you making fun of what some consider to be sacred? Surely that's got to be against the board rules.

i understand if you wish not to go there, for the most part i leave the Temple thing alone, i understand the secretness of it in LDS circles

do you really?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chipmunk

burrow dwelling nut hunter
Oct 26, 2005
City of Dis
✟16,107.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
skylark1 said:
It is funny Apex that you call this an "OC urban legend" when the only people who post here that I have ever seen bring this up are LDS. Why do you think that some LDS persist in propagating this myth?

I haven't heard any non-LDS here mention it, but I assure you the "wonderful" non-LDS kids in my public schools did. They were always so darling in relating that to me. My mother's boss (a former minister) also brought it up to her.

Upvote 0

skylark1

In awesome wonder
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
✟14,176.00
Faith
Christian
chipmunk said:
I haven't heard any non-LDS here mention it, but I assure you the "wonderful" non-LDS kids in my public schools did. They were always so darling in relating that to me. My mother's boss (a former minister) also brought it up to her.

I see. Do you consider "non-LDS" the same as "orthodox Christian?" Apex did claim that it was an "OC urban legend."

I will spare you the details of some of the things that LDS kids have told kids. Kids can be pretty cruel. I think that some of them zero in pretty quick on what makes one "different" from the majority.

I am still interested in knowing why some LDS keep bringing this up on this board, when the "OC" on this board do not. And then attributing it to them.

Upvote 0

randypamjohnson

Jan 11, 2006
Independence, Missouri
✟7,716.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
buddy mack said:
horns, and by the way what are those funny symbols on those undies anyway?
Buddy,

hahaha...ya know you are about the most crude and crass person I have encountered on the various discussion boards.

Moderators,

Just a quick question....would you explain why his type of crassness is continually accepted on this board?

I understand it's "your" board..and you will do what you will...but....letting him spout his type of repugnant and sincerely ignorant comments seems to be a weee bit hypocritical.......don't ya think?

Just an observation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chipmunk

burrow dwelling nut hunter
Oct 26, 2005
City of Dis
✟16,107.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
skylark1 said:
I see. Do you consider "non-LDS" the same as "orthodox Christian?" Apex did claim that it was an "OC urban legend."

I will spare you the details of some of the things that LDS kids have told kids. Kids can be pretty cruel. I think that some of them zero in pretty quick on what makes one "different" from the majority.

I am still interested in knowing why some LDS keep bringing this up on this board, when the "OC" on this board do not. And then attributing it to them.

Crap! I also use OC to mean "other christians." It sure beats typing out "non-LDS christians" all the time. I consider "non-LDS" to be a vague term that could include anyone from an Anglican to a Wiccan. On here, I will use the board rules for what constitutes "orthodox christian." I don't necessarily believe that's using the term correctly. Of course, this isn't technically my sand box seeing as how I'm not part of what they call orthodox christians.

I have no idea why people keep bringing it up. I was just saying that from personal experience that other christians have brought that up, even if it wasn't on here. I think it's sort of become a joke in the LDS world. Me and a few of the LDS kids I actually hung out with would joke about our horns. If you can't beat it, might as well laugh about it.

The boss is a former minister b/c after his child died at 3 (don't know what from b/c my mother has never asked and he hasn't offered) he started to question God. Sounds like a bad movie plot now that I think about it.

Upvote 0
B

buddy mack

randypamjohnson said:
Buddy,

hahaha...ya know you are about the most crude and crass person I have encountered on the various discussion boards.

Moderators,

Just a quick question....would you explain why his type of crassness is continually accepted on this board?

I understand it's "your" board..and you will do what you will...but....letting him spout his type of repugnant and sincerely ignorant comments seems to be a weee bit hypocritical.......don't ya think?

Just an observation.

i didnt bring up the subject of (horns), when the door is open you can't just say, "only those who i agree with may come in."
Now, is it my fault there are occult smybols on certain religious undies? and if there are it just seems quite funny to me a person wearing religious undies with occult smybols on them would call them undies Christian, don't you think?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.