Visit site
✟10,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
-- A2SG, gonna be an interesting trial, if it ever comes to trial which I doubt....

Stranger things have happened. For instance, a young (18yr) man being placed on the registry because his girlfriend is seventeen- Her parents hated him, so he was arrested for his birthday. Stuff like that makes me think that this judicial system of ours still has another surprise up its sleeve.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
The one who was told about the event after it had happened? That friend/witness?

Yep, basically.

It takes a very simple-minded person to assume that just because a witness says this and the only survivor says this, the case is basically cut and dry and over. It's a LOT deeper and more complicated than just, "Well, hey, we have their side of the story!"

Upvote 0

RETS

Telling it like it is
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
✟10,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yep, basically.

It takes a very simple-minded person to assume that just because a witness says this and the only survivor says this, the case is basically cut and dry and over. It's a LOT deeper and more complicated than just, "Well, hey, we have their side of the story!"

I agree one hundred percent.

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The one who was told about the event after it had happened? That friend/witness?

You can start with his own website; then go to NPR's coverage for more of it, mainly taken from police reports; then you can always get the rest of it as told to his father.

Moreover, if you have not had his side of the story all of this time, where have you been getting information which is only available from his own testimony? I'm just curious, because I'm unclear.

Pretty much, though not entirely accurate. Martin's family has also had significant coverage.
I'm unclear as to what you actually learned from Zimmerman's website?

Even your NPR link only states this from George himself:
Q: WHAT IS GEORGE ZIMMERMAN'S SIDE OF THE STORY?
A: On his website, therealgeorgezimmerman.com, Zimmerman has described the shooting as "a life altering event" but he says he can't go into details about what happened.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yep, basically.

The trouble is that Joe Oliver is not a witness. The eyewitness who actually saw the fight has chosen to remain anonymous to the public. :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HerbieHeadley

Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The trouble is that Joe Oliver is not a witness. The eyewitness who actually saw the fight has chosen to remain anonymous to the public. :wave:
I didn't realize how prudent the choice of the eyewitness to remain anonymous actually turned out to be back in late February. Boy was that a smart move on his behalf, eh?

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I didn't realize how prudent the choice of the eyewitness to remain anonymous actually turned out to be back in late February. Boy was that a smart move on his behalf, eh?
Talk about foresight. After the trial, if there is one, the poor guy might end up with a bounty on his head.

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Talk about foresight. After the trial, if there is one, the poor guy might end up with a bounty on his head.
Seriously Mach, I'm worried for him not making it to the trial with the way this has been going.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seriously Mach, I'm worried for him not making it to the trial with the way this has been going.
When I was a juror on a 1st Degree Murder trial, the jurors were anonymous because the defendant was a member of a gang. I'm sure that will be the case if Zimmerman actually goes to trial but I don't think there is any way to keep a witness anonymous. Not sure how safe the anonymity makes the jurors anyway since anyone could follow them as they leave the courtroom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RETS

Telling it like it is
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
✟10,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm unclear as to what you actually learned from Zimmerman's website?

Even your NPR link only states this from George himself:
Q: WHAT IS GEORGE ZIMMERMAN'S SIDE OF THE STORY?

Right. NPR goes in a little bit further on what the police reports were saying.

Zim's site basically states it was a life altering event. (duh.)

But the video is where we get the majority of the information; and that is the same information everyone in this thread's been talking about, though it's been dissembled through many different channels.

On a side note, it's good to see you, Herbie!

Upvote 0

RETS

Telling it like it is
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
✟10,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Go figure. I don't fault him for that, but it sure does make me wonder.

Upvote 0