Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
When I think of modesty I think of women in burkas getting hit because they’re immodest . Honestly if I weren’t in my 60s and still had my figure, I’d be in a bikini at the beach. I don’t think there anything wrong with women’s bodies . Go topless in public like our NYC desnudas and I’m fine with it. Breastfeed in public I’m fine with that too. I guess I saw too many National Geographic magazines when I was younger showing naked and near naked people who weren’t ashamed of their bodies. I envied them as my mother was a hysterical prude.

I'm all for modesty (in both sexes), and keeping one's body private. But I'm totally against people blaming others for their own temptations and sins.

And modesty isn't just about covering one's body. It includes not bragging about one's achievements or ostentatiously displaying one's wealth.

Im not sure how I feel about this. On one hand scripture does state that clothing should be modest. You cant get around that.

But both sexes are geared to be sexual in nature. It's not just men that can have an overly active sexuality, but women can too. Yet most of the time its, women shouldnt dress such and such so as to not tempt women.

People just need to take responsibility for their own behaviors and actions. In society today it is near impossible to go anywhere and not see someone of the opposite sex dressed in a very revealing manner. I understand the OP is specifically referenxing Christian women but even then, if a man wants to fantasize about a women, no manner of clothes she is wearing will stop him.
Please check out the videos I put in the update of the OP, and tell me what you think. I think they address your points pretty well. Thanks!

Upvote 0