BigJon's points:

Starscream

Mar 2, 2002
✟4,057.00
originally posted by BigJohn
I'm certainly amazed to the fact of how anyone would want to be closely catagorized with animals, animals that do the following:
#1 eat there own vomit
#2 eat there own dung
#3 run around buck naked

(emphesis is mine)

First of all, want has nothing to do with it. As a man, I don't want to be in the same category as wife beaters and sexist pigs but I can't help that.

Animals are to be detested for running around buck naked? How odd.

Quick! Put a pair of paints on that dog for crying out loud! Oh no! The nipples on that pig are showing! Does anyone have a tube-top?

I thought that, according to your mythology, before the fall man and woman walked around naked all the time?

Upvote 0

Late_Cretaceous

<font color="#880000" ></font&g
Apr 4, 2002
Visit site
✟18,025.00
Faith
Catholic
“Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own urine with you?” (2 Kings 18:27; see Isaiah 36:12).

And you can cook with it too

"And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man . . . Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, my soul hath not been polluted: for from my youth up even till now have I not eaten of that which dieth of itself, or is torn in pieces; neither came there abominable flesh into my mouth. Then he said unto me, Lo, I have given thee cow’s dung for man’s dung, and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith” (Ezekiel 4:12-15).

Upvote 0

Satoshi

Mar 21, 2002
Visit site
✟774.00
Originally posted by Late_Cretaceous
“Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own urine with you?” (2 Kings 18:27; see Isaiah 36:12).

And you can cook with it too
<snip rest>
Thanks for the quotations--I'll have to "bookmark" these. One can only wonder when the creationists will demand "equal-time" for their dung-based cooking.

Upvote 0
One of several posts by lambslove claiming that mutation never adds information

Wow! Do you still believe that lie? That's what science thought 40 years ago, but hasnn't been true for decades. Man, I knew the public school system was behind the times in science, but I had no idea how bad it really was!

You ought to try to keep up with science, especially if you are going to procliam it to be the ultimate truth.

Wow. Mutations adding information has been shown many times. Here is one way it can and does happen:

1) Mutation duplicates a section of the genome resulting in two copies.

2) Further mutation makes previously identical copies different.

By most measures of information, this is an increase in information. This process has been observed in the real world. Furthermore genomes are constructed as if this process happened repeatedly. Indeed more evidence of this happening in the mouse genome was published this week. (Link requires free registration to
read. There is no charge to read the article if one does so before June 27.) Or how about anti-freeze evolution? Antifreeze in Antarctic fish evoved from the genes of a digestive enzyme. It was noticed that the anti-freeze gene looked like a copy of a digestive gene that got copied with some deletions and point mutations and thus it was proposed that that is what happened. Latter on a fish was discovered with a genetic intermediate showing just that. I can post info on this if someone wants it. Many example can be provided.

Here is the challange. Define what you mean my information and then prepare justify why it cannot increase.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To properly address the question of "adding information" requires us to discuss what "information" is. How many people here have studied *any* information theory? I've only done the very basic bits, but I know enough to be able to debunk most claims of "new" compression schemes easily. :)

Upvote 0