• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

BigJon's points:

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by seebs, May 30, 2002.

1. Starscream

Starscream Well-Known Member

+43
    (emphesis is mine)

First of all, want has nothing to do with it. As a man, I don't want to be in the same category as wife beaters and sexist pigs but I can't help that.

Animals are to be detested for running around buck naked? How odd.

Quick! Put a pair of paints on that dog for crying out loud! Oh no! The nipples on that pig are showing! Does anyone have a tube-top?

I thought that, according to your mythology, before the fall man and woman walked around naked all the time?

2. seebs

seebs God Made Me A Skeptic

+1,463
    Seeker
    Married
    US-Republican
    Presumably, BigJon comes from a line that got a bit more of the apple than the rest of us, and is thus more ashamed of nakedness.

3. Late_Cretaceous

Late_Cretaceous <font color="#880000" ></font&g

+106
    Catholic
    “Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own urine with you?” (2 Kings 18:27; see Isaiah 36:12).

And you can cook with it too

"And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man . . . Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, my soul hath not been polluted: for from my youth up even till now have I not eaten of that which dieth of itself, or is torn in pieces; neither came there abominable flesh into my mouth. Then he said unto me, Lo, I have given thee cow’s dung for man’s dung, and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith” (Ezekiel 4:12-15).

4. Satoshi

Satoshi Member

+3
    Thanks for the quotations--I'll have to "bookmark" these. One can only wonder when the creationists will demand "equal-time" for their dung-based cooking.

5. chickenman

chickenman evil unamerican

+6
    dung is part of any nutritious meal, full of goodness

6. ardipithecus

ardipithecus Member

+1
    Wow. Mutations adding information has been shown many times. Here is one way it can and does happen:

1) Mutation duplicates a section of the genome resulting in two copies.

2) Further mutation makes previously identical copies different.

By most measures of information, this is an increase in information. This process has been observed in the real world. Furthermore genomes are constructed as if this process happened repeatedly. Indeed more evidence of this happening in the mouse genome was published this week. (Link requires free registration to
    read. There is no charge to read the article if one does so before June 27.) Or how about anti-freeze evolution? Antifreeze in Antarctic fish evoved from the genes of a digestive enzyme. It was noticed that the anti-freeze gene looked like a copy of a digestive gene that got copied with some deletions and point mutations and thus it was proposed that that is what happened. Latter on a fish was discovered with a genetic intermediate showing just that. I can post info on this if someone wants it. Many example can be provided.

Here is the challange. Define what you mean my information and then prepare justify why it cannot increase.

7. seebs

seebs God Made Me A Skeptic

+1,463
    Seeker
    Married
    US-Republican
    To properly address the question of "adding information" requires us to discuss what "information" is. How many people here have studied *any* information theory? I've only done the very basic bits, but I know enough to be able to debunk most claims of "new" compression schemes easily. :)

8. Starscream

+43

Lambslove, will you concede that you were wrong about this?

9. Starscream

+43
    Hmmm...has anyone seen Lambslove lately? I'd really like to see if he can admit to being wrong (especially with such a cocky attitue).