INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I haven't a clue what EU is, apart from European Union, but this is at least the third time this has been posted since yesterday.
EU stand for Electric Universe theory. This theory has been dismissed by the worlds scientists as having no validity.

This new discovery basically proves beyond a doubt that the Big Bang theory is valid.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
EU stand for Electric Universe theory. This theory has been dismissed by the worlds scientists as having no validity.

This new discovery basically proves beyond a doubt that the Big Bang theory is valid.
Like evolution, the Urknall is just a theory.

Upvote 0

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Although it has been explained to you countless of times that the word theory in science has a completely different meaning to the common use of the word; I shall once more enlighten you:

Excerpt from wiki

Scientific theories are testable and make falsifiable predictions. They describe the causal elements responsible for a particular natural phenomenon, and are used to explain and predict aspects of the physical universe or specific areas of inquiry (e.g. electricity, chemistry, astronomy). Scientists use theories as a foundation to gain further scientific knowledge, as well as to accomplish goals such as inventing technology or curing disease. Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge.[3] This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a guess (i.e., unsubstantiated and speculative).[5]

Upvote 0

Gracchus

Senior Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
California
Visit site
✟23,182.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In science, a theory is: "A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena."

theory - definition of theory by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

This has been explained to AV15611VET many, many times. His god, however, likes to deceive people by planting false evidence. His god wrote a book detailing divine atrocities and holy absurdities. His god is omniscient but repents and changes his mind. AV1611VET, however, does not repent, and does not change his mind.

:wave:

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In science, a theory is: "A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena."
Fine.

Like evolution, the Urknall is just a set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.

Better now?

Upvote 0

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Fine.

Like evolution, the Urknall is just a set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.

Better now?
What's your point AV?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is the Two Moon theory just a theory?

Is the Impact theory just a theory?

Is the Capture theory just a theory?

How can a theory be something that best describes the evidence, when you have three theories about the same object?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Once more ...
Why are you assuming I'm using "theory" as "guess" now?

Mzungu already gave me the scientific use of the term, and I'm going with that now.

Does the word "just" in my posts mislead you?

Or are you just taking the opportunity to post a video with the word "ignorant" in the title?

If you think I'm "ignorant," tell me yourself.

Don't send some actor to do it.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why are you assuming I'm using "theory" as "guess" now?

Mzungu already gave me the scientific use of the term, and I'm going with that now.

Does the word "just" in my posts mislead you?

Why are you assuming that I'm assuming anything, and why are you making this personal?

My post is not about you. Its not about me, either. I merely posted something to help clarify a scientific term.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why are you assuming that I'm assuming anything, and why are you making this personal?

My post is not about you. Its not about me, either. I merely posted something to help clarify a scientific term.
Well, now that I've been "proven ignorant" by your video ... what's next?

You think "proving me ignorant" is going to make a dent?

One of my favorite sayings here is: Eyes barn ignit, eyes die ignit.

I don't need some actor to think he's doing me a favor.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well, now that I've been "proven ignorant" by your video ... what's next?

You think "proving me ignorant" is going to make a dent?

One of my favorite sayings here is: Eyes barn ignit, eyes die ignit.

I don't need some actor to think he's doing me a favor.

Would you please ignore the title of the video and just focus on the CONTENT of the video? I didn't put the title on the video. It was there already.

Sheesh! People are so hyper-sensitive around here, and take everything so personally. Get a grip!

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Would you please ignore the title of the video and just focus on the CONTENT of the video? I didn't put the title on the video. It was there already.

Sheesh! People are so hyper-sensitive around here, and take everything so personally. Get a grip!
Well, now I'm disappointed.

Are you saying I'm not ignorant?

I really don't appreciate that, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well, now I'm disappointed.

Are you saying I'm not ignorant?

I really don't appreciate that, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Again - this has nothing to do with you personally!!!!

If you're going to remark on it, remark on the content of the video, NOT THE TITLE!!!

So, what do you say to the CONTENT of the video? Did you even watch it?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Again - this has nothing to do with you personally!!!!

If you're going to remark on it, remark on the content of the video, NOT THE TITLE!!!

So, what do you say to the CONTENT of the video? Did you even watch it?
Alright ... I'll watch the thing and comment on it. :doh:

Upvote 0