Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I have friends from different parts of the world, the question I get from them the most is, what happened to America?
We still have jobs in America. There is a shortage of people ready, willing and able to work. Something like one in five homes have an imcome of over $100,000 a year. That makes us a very rich nation. A lot of states are richer than most nations.

We have lots of people coming here wanting and needing jobs. But they do not seem to be able to get them situated. NYC gave it a try and they failed. This is why the government required them to have some sort of an education.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes I wish I wasn't American just so I could be an onlooker at American politics and enjoy the theatrics of it. Unfortunately, as an American, there are direct effects on me and my neighbors. And that means I have to get involved.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Really? Where?

This is Trump's schedule:

Here is Joe's - seems he schedules almost nothing after 7pm

Can't find any rallies
He has traveled all over promoting his infrastructure bill as each state begins Bridge, road, and broadband projects, and he has stood with striking auto workers.
As the freedom caucus strives to shut down our government, harming every American, he needs to be doing his job in DC.

Upvote 0

BurningBush84

Feb 27, 2023
Minnesota
✟35,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
He has traveled all over promoting his infrastructure bill as each state begins Bridge, road, and broadband projects, and he has stood with striking auto workers.
As the freedom caucus strives to shut down our government, harming every American, he needs to be doing his job in DC.

Biden has been on vacation 40% of his Presidency, that's not campaigning

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Biden has been on vacation 40% of his Presidency, that's not campaigning
Wow! No wonder why social media sites are so anxious to get the Russian bots off their venues. Do you really believe that stuff? Really?

Upvote 0

BurningBush84

Feb 27, 2023
Minnesota
✟35,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
A president doing his job is the best campaigner.

BTW, the stock market has hit new highs, inflation keeps falling, interest rates are going down.

Doom and gloom conservatives are hoping "there's a sucker born every minute."

Upvote 0

BurningBush84

Feb 27, 2023
Minnesota
✟35,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
A president doing his job is the best campaigner.

BTW, the stock market has hit new highs, inflation keeps falling, interest rates are going down.

Doom and gloom conservatives are hoping "there's a sucker born every minute."

So Biden is NOT responsible when stocks, inflation, interest rates and gas prices go up ? But he is responsible when they go down ? Lol

Biden is trying to start WW3

Upvote 0

Merrill

Mar 25, 2023
Chicago
✟56,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The poor guys son is in on trial, and could face a lot of prison time. Every parent wants their children to succeed. Imagine the sorrow he is experiencing.
Hunter could have been found with bodies of children in the trunk of his car and he wouldn't be convicted

Democrats have made it clear that not only is he immune from prosecution, but that those who accuse of of wrongdoings will have themselves implicated

the American banana republic, with its corrupt oligarchs

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So Biden is NOT responsible when stocks, inflation, interest rates and gas prices go up ? But he is responsible when they go down ? Lol

Biden is trying to start WW3
Biden is not responsible for worldwide inflation---which the US dealt with more successfully than other countries.
Inflation was caused by post-pandemic supply chain problems, Russian attack on Ukraine--creating food and fuel shortages in Europe.

Upvote 0

Merrill

Mar 25, 2023
Chicago
✟56,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Biden is not responsible for worldwide inflation---which the US dealt with more successfully than other countries.
Inflation was caused by post-pandemic supply chain problems, Russian attack on Ukraine--creating food and fuel shortages in Europe.
Biden contributed to inflation in the following ways:

1. Continuing COVID-19 restrictions on businesses, imports, individuals, etc.
2. Direct cash payments to US citizens for COVID relief (CARES Act)
3. The Inflation Reduction Act, which the Congressional Budget Office concluded would dramatically increase inflation
4. The Chips Act, Infrastructure Act, and the 1.9 trillion dollar American Rescue Plan
5. Student loan forgiveness and payment moratoriums that Biden kept extending
6. Starting a fight with Saudi Arabia, calling their leader a criminal and the country a "pariah state", leading OPEC to cut production and drive up oil prices just to mess with the US

Biden's spending was so out-of-control (and he wanted to spend trillions more) that the M1 money supply exploded by more than 25% in the first 2 years of his term, to a record level by May 2022. Ratings agency Fitch downgraded US debt "Fitch [citing] (among other worrisome trends) a rising government deficit, which they forecast increasing to 6.3 percent of GDP in 2023, from 3.7 percent in 2022

The Federal Reserve responded to this debt crisis by aggressively hiking interest rates, and this reduced inflation over the last 12 months and pulled liquidity out of the system. Biden did nothing to "reduce inflation" --Jerome Powell is the guy who gets the credit

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BurningBush84

Feb 27, 2023
Minnesota
✟35,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Biden contributed to inflation in the following ways:

1. Continuing COVID-19 restrictions on businesses, imports, individuals, etc.
2. Direct cash payments to US citizens for COVID relief (CARES Act)
3. The Inflation Reduction Act, which the Congressional Budget Office concluded would dramatically increase inflation
4. The Chips Act, Infrastructure Act, and the 1.9 trillion dollar American Rescue Plan
5. Student loan forgiveness and payment moratoriums that Biden kept extending
6. Starting a fight with Saudi Arabia, calling their leader a criminal and the country a "pariah state", leading OPEC to cut production and drive up oil prices just to mess with the US

Biden's spending was so out-of-control (and he wanted to spend trillions more) that the M1 money supply exploded by more than 25% in the first 2 years of his term, to a record level by May 2022. Ratings agency Fitch downgraded US debt "Fitch [citing] (among other worrisome trends) a rising government deficit, which they forecast increasing to 6.3 percent of GDP in 2023, from 3.7 percent in 2022

The Federal Reserve responded to this debt crisis by aggressively hiking interest rates, and this reduced inflation over the last 12 months and pulled liquidity out of the system. Biden did nothing to "reduce inflation" --Jerome Powell is the guy who gets the credit

Think about all the free money Biden is giving to the millions of illegal aliens too

Reactions: Merrill
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hunter could have been found with bodies of children in the trunk of his car and he wouldn't be convicted

Democrats have made it clear that not only is he immune from prosecution, but that those who accuse of of wrongdoings will have themselves implicated

Perhaps I'm oblivious here. I don't know about Democrats, but from what I observe liberals/progressives in general believe that whatever wrongs Hunter has done, he should face the consequences of those actions. I see people on the left, quite candidly, say that. People on the left also have, quite candidly, said that if Joe Biden has done wrong, that is also a problem and he should have to face consequences for that--the problem is that there doesn't appear to be any evidence implicating Joe Biden.

What is rejected is trying to pin Hunter's crimes on his father. As a general rule we don't prosecute people for the crimes of their children.

So I'm not sure where this "Hunter can do no wrong" idea comes from. Clearly he can, and people on the left believe in the rule of law--if you do the crime you do the time. That's something I consistently see on the left, it's only people on the right that I see claim that the rule of law doesn't apply to certain persons.

-CryptoLutheran

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Merrill

Mar 25, 2023
Chicago
✟56,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps I'm oblivious here. I don't know about Democrats, but liberals/progressives in general believe that whatever wrongs Hunter has done, he should face the consequences of those actions.

What is rejected is trying to pin Hunter's crimes on his father. As a general rule we don't prosecute people for the crimes of their children.

-CryptoLutheran
Well a couple points

1. I haven't seen Democrats, or liberals in general, anywhere suggesting Hunter has done anything seriously wrong. 10-1 they make claims like "witch hunt", "GOP attack", and "no evidence"!
2. What role Biden had in all this is still being investigated. He was getting checks from Hunter and others from the "proceeds" of these sketchy foreign dealings, was allowing Hunter to use his name, participated in phone calls with "business partners" of Hunter, etc.

I you or I did the things Hunter did, we would be in prison. If our family members had been involved like Joe was, they would probably be fined or in prison as well

If Americans want to tolerate oligarchs who are above the law, it says something pretty sad about our country.

Reactions: BurningBush84
Upvote 0

The Lone Ranger

Kemosabe
Sep 23, 2012
Rolling Stone
✟20,803.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

I'm not going to argue that. I used to vote liberal until God took the blinders from my eyes, and I discovered that they don't share my religious beliefs. The whole Obama, /pro Muslim/ homo agenda thing , yuck.

Reactions: BurningBush84
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well a couple points

1. I haven't seen Democrats, or liberals in general, anywhere suggesting Hunter has done anything seriously wrong. 10-1 they make claims like "witch hunt", "GOP attack", and "no evidence"!

I don't know about Democrats, but turn on any of that "leftist media" and you certainly will see candid remarks--and jokes--about Hunter Biden. And frank talk about whatever Hunter my have done that is criminal should be taken seriously and he should face consequences. Because of the rule of law.

2. What role Biden had in all this is still being investigated. He was getting checks from Hunter and others from the "proceeds" of these sketchy foreign dealings, was allowing Hunter to use his name, participated in phone calls with "business partners" of Hunter, etc.

So far those investigations have turned up with nothing.

If Joe Biden is complicit with any of Hunter's shenanigans, then he should face consequences, legal consequences. I believe in the rule of law, and that nobody in this country is above the law. And I doubt you'll find liberals/leftists/progressives saying otherwise.

Because, again, it isn't the left that believes certain people are above the law, it is the right that argues against the rule of law.

I you or I did the things Hunter did, we would be in prison. If our family members had been involved like Joe was, they would probably be fined or in prison as well

What did Joe do? That's the problem, there's no evidence he's done anything criminal. Under the American justice system we aren't supposed to send people to prison unless they've committed a crime. The key phrase is "supposed to", the American criminal justice system doesn't exactly always work in practice as it is supposed to on paper. But at least on paper people are presumed innocent until proven guilty by a court of law.

You are, of course, free to believe Joe Biden is guilty purely as a matter of opinion. But that investigation has turned up with nothing, and I have my suspicion won't. If, however, they do find something real and concrete, then Joe Biden should face consequences.

I don't believe a president should be immune from criminal prosecution.

If Americans want to tolerate oligarchs who are above the law, it says something pretty sad about our country.

I agree. And it's not a question of if, because that is how America is. And it's been this way for a while now. Since 2016 it's just gotten worse.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0