Biden uses racist term regarding a senior advisor.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟705,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
~snip
Remember the time when we warned you that you wouldn't be taken seriously in future if you complained about future presidents morals? Yeah, about that..

Who is 'we' and why should I take you seriously in the future any more than you take me seriously?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟220,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m sorry. I was wrong. I guess I’m just out of the loop on some of these things. I can see how it can be demeaning to call a grown man a boy and in certain contexts it can definitely be considered racist to use the term that way but I just didn’t see it that in this particular situation with Biden talking about “a boy who knows Louisiana”. I just didn’t see it as racially insensitive but you’re spot on with regards to people over a certain age just not realizing that what they’re saying is wrong. You’re right that the president should have known better.

I’m guessing Biden’s speech writers probably facepalmed pretty hard when they saw him let that one slip out.
Glad you could admit this. :oldthumbsup: But you keep misquoting what Biden said. He did not say “a boy who knows Louisiana”. He did say "my senior adviser and boy who knows Louisiana". The bold is mine and implies he's saying "my boy", which has racist/slavery ownership overtones when coming from a white man in reference to a black man.

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0