Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Former Vice President Joe Biden said he would not keep the tariffs imposed by the Trump administration on Chinese goods if elected president, criticizing the White House for going after the economic rival "in the wrong way."

"The way China will respond is when we gather the rest of the world that in fact engages in open trade. ... That's when things begin to change. That's when China's behavior is going to change," Biden said.

Biden pledges to end Trump's tariffs on Chinese goods

What's that supposed to mean: "gather the rest of the world"?

...So by backing out of tariffs, and returning to the 'way things were', by boosting China's economy, we somehow achieve progress..? I don't get it. It seems like the biggest beneficiaries of this are the billionaire CEO'S, who sell out the American people by sending American jobs overseas. I guess we're back to square one with neo-con globalism, and mass, unregulated pollution. Way to go, Joe. :doh:

Last edited:

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess this will impress our European globalist allies, and regain our reputation as being spineless, dependent saps.

...I prefer "Independence".

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You'd think that the millions or billions of dollars that the whole Biden clan has gotten from China and other foreign rivals of Joe's own country would have been enough, but that's apparently not the case. :(

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Former Vice President Joe Biden said he would not keep the tariffs imposed by the Trump administration on Chinese goods if elected president, criticizing the White House for going after the economic rival "in the wrong way."

"The way China will respond is when we gather the rest of the world that in fact engages in open trade. ... That's when things begin to change. That's when China's behavior is going to change," Biden said.

So by backing out of tariffs, and returning to the 'way things were', by boosting China's economy, we somehow achieve progress..? I don't get it. It seems like the biggest beneficiaries of this are the billionaire CEO'S, who sell out the American people by sending American jobs overseas. I guess we're back to square one with neo-con globalism, and mass, unregulated pollution. Way to go, Joe. :doh:

Is this where we make some comment like "especially the tariffs on that stuff my family is either buying or selling in China"? But then I'm not sure precisely what product they were buying. Or selling. Or if there is a tariff on that sort of thing.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is this where we make some comment like "especially the tariffs on that stuff my family is either buying or selling in China"? But then I'm not sure precisely what product they were buying. Or selling. Or if there is a tariff on that sort of thing.

I just don't get why Americans would be so foolish not to support the initiative of economic independence... It must be some European based ideology that the left is clinging to, that makes them actually want to be dependent. One that doesn't make sense in a giant country like the United States.

...Just imagine if there was a major catastrophe, like a global natural disaster, and we were left without any manufacturing capabilities here, and nothing being shipped here from elsewhere. This is unsafe.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You're right. Ironically, the argument that is often used is the Classical Liberal argument that free trade and free markets bring prosperity.

Unfortunately, we aren't dealing with countries that allow free trade, so they rip us off while we pretend that we're pursuing a trade policy that promotes growth at home.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I never could have imagined witnessing such drastic levels of ignorance being pursued by the left.

All I see are American left wingers idolizing European ideologies. And Europeans feeding these liberals ideas that just don't make sense here. Like how they call Trump an Authoritarian and fascist right winger, when right wing politics in America means LESS government... Unlike in Europe, where right wing actually does mean MORE government... They've got our people all kinds of confused, but the left here eat it up regardless, because they're blinded by idolization of anything European.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I never could have imagined witnessing such drastic levels of ignorance being pursued by the left.

All I see are American left wingers idolizing European ideologies. And Europeans feeding these liberals ideas that just don't make sense here. Like how they call Trump an Authoritarian and fascist right wingers, when right wing politics in America means LESS government... They've got our people all kinds of confused, but they accept it because they're blinded by idolization of anything European.

Just keep in mind that, with the extremists, the technique is to accuse the other side of doing exactly what it is doing itself.

Hence, BLM and Antifa engage in "peaceful demonstrations," BUT those terrible (and largely imaginary) "Right-wing groups" are engaged in or planning violence.

Also, Trump "will incite violence if he loses the election," soooooooo the same extremists must--and have promised to--riot and pillage in their righteous indignation.

Four years into trying to pull off a coup d'etat, the plotters are now promising to bring us together and end the division that Trump (?!) allegedly caused!

That's how it works.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm actually glad Biden made another claim that hurts his chances at winning.

His policies could literally destroy this country should a real disaster occur.

...We couldn't even produce enough n-95 masks to save ourselves a few months ago..! And he wants to continue down that very same path. :help:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

...We couldn't even produce enough n-95 masks to save ourselves a few months ago..! And he wants to continue doen that very same path that the rest of us want out of.

Yep, and simply put, the man scares me in regards to taking care of our country. Your op makes that painfully clear.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Remember that his goal may only be to win the election and get to BE the President for as little time as he has left or as long as agreed upon with Bernie, AOC, Pelosi, and Kamala that he'll remain in the White House before handing it over.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Remember that his goal may only be to win the election and get to BE the President for as little time as he has left or as long as agreed upon with Bernie, AOC, Pelosi, and Kamala that he'll remain in the White House before handing it over.

I just hope those who vote for him realize they're voting for dependence. And the further we go in that direction, the less chance there will be for reversing it, and creating an independent society for the safety of our children.

"Who consumes the apples is less important than who owns the orchard" ~ P. Buchanan

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

...We couldn't even produce enough n-95 masks to save ourselves a few months ago..! And he wants to continue down that very same path. :help:
That so sad how we were left to fend for our lives. Because of Trump failed to protect us. That makes Trump look bad. Not Democrats. BTW , I believe the courts rejected Trumps tariff on China, because it was over board.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That so sad how we were left to fend for our lives. Because of Trump failed to protect us. That makes Trump look bad. Not Democrats. BTW , I believe the courts rejected Trumps tariff on China, because it was over board.

Very short sighted... Very reactionary... Very left wing.

Why not secure an economy based on the long term? One that will benefit Americans not only down the road, but even in the way, by supplying ample jobs, which would even improve wages, based on workforce supply and demand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

What's that supposed to mean: "gather the rest of the world"?

...So by backing out of tariffs, and returning to the 'way things were', by boosting China's economy, we somehow achieve progress..? I don't get it. It seems like the biggest beneficiaries of this are the billionaire CEO'S, who sell out the American people by sending American jobs overseas. I guess we're back to square one with neo-con globalism, and mass, unregulated pollution. Way to go, Joe. :doh:

S&P's headline says, "While President Donald Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden have vastly different platforms on taxes, fiscal stimulus, regulation, and immigration, the two candidates have taken similar positions on trade and infrastructure. Regardless of the outcome on or after Nov. 3, the outlooks for the U.S. economy, corporate credit, tax policy, technology, the oil and gas industry and the energy transition, climate action, and trade tensions are tinged with uncertainty."

So should I believe your biased post or what the source actually says? I'm so thankful that your kind of disinformation will be put to rest in a few days.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Funny how tarrifs only hurt americans...but yeah removing them is bad.

An economically dependent United States would sound great to non-Americans. But for a stable future, and our own safety, it benefits us to be able to produce enough products to support our country without relying on someone else. I don't see how that "hurts" America's future.

...Unless the temporary is *all* that matters.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
An economically dependent United States would sound great to non-Americans. But for a stable future, and our own safety, it benefits us to be able to produce enough products to support our country without relying on someone else. I don't see how that "hurts" America's future.

...Unless the temporary is *all* that matters.

Except your doing nothing to bring back all the jobs you sent over seas, or remove the tax breaks and such that allow them to do it easily. Instead all your doing is raising prices on products Americans buy.

Oh and lets not forget that China no longer buys many american products like soy beans and such that was a huge export for the US.

So tell me who benefits from loss of export and higher import costs?

Upvote 0