Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

In an Aug. 24 media event, President Joe Biden said he had no advanced knowledge that the FBI was going to stage the raid as part of a long-running dispute between Trump and the National Archives of documents in Trump’s possession, according to the Daily Beast.​
However, the group America First Legal is making a case that the Biden White House helped instigate the raid.​
The group posted that despite what it called feigned ignorance of Biden aides at the raid, “the new records we obtained from our investigation into the circumstances of the Mar-a-Lago raid reveal the Biden White House & DOJ coordinated to obtain the Trump records and perhaps create a pretext for the law enforcement raid by way of a ‘special access request.'”​

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Capture.JPG

The White House made the request.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not seeing support for the claims made. First, I never believed NARA had a role in the Mar-A-Lago search. NARA, as the linked letter states, went to the DoJ when they found Classified Documents among the 15 boxes returned in Feb, 2022 (5 months prior to the raid). NARA also informed the DoJ that not all documents were yet returned -- but they had no role in the DoJ's actions to get the documents returned. That is what the Presidential Records Act requires , that NARA, if the former President is not returning documents, gives the DoJ the information and, as law enforcement, the DoJ works to return the documents to NARA. NARA merely informs the DoJ of what documents need to be returned but, per the law, has no role in the DoJ's actions to return the documents. In essence, it is about like you reporting you had something stolen (like your car), where police attempt to find your missing property but you merely give the information, you do not direct the police on what to do.

As for the email that talks of the White House, it appears that the email is informing people that Trump's lawyers have requested access to the documents from the 15 boxes of documents that were returned in February. Though it is hard to tell for sure, due to the blacked out portions, it talks about the White House "made a request" to allow the Trump lawyers to see the documents -- but that the documents had to be viewed in a secure facility. This makes sense to me, based on the fact that the lawyers had requested to review documents where some were classified, that the DoJ would forward that request to the White House -- who is the ultimate authority over Classified Information. The DoJ doesn't have the ability to allow people without the proper clearances the ability to view classified documents, so they went to those who did.

This email clearly refers to the "15 boxes" only, the 15 boxes returned in February of 2022. It says nothing about the search warrant at Mar-A-Lago, even though it is dated after, and the request from the White House is to allow Trump's lawyers to view documents that Trump voluntarily returned in Feb 2022. So what is it that I am missing?

Last, let me poin tout that the author of the Twitter string is "America First Legal," whose President and founder is Stephen Miller -- yes, the Stephen Miller who was a Trump White House aide and is currently working on Trump's 2024 campaign. Given that the documents don't support the claims being made, and that the President and founder of the group is working on Trump's campaign, it would seem safe to disregard this as political propaganda manufactured to try and help Trump's campaign.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last, let me poin tout that the author of the Twitter string is "America First Legal," whose President and founder is Stephen Miller -- yes, the Stephen Miller who was a Trump White House aide and is currently working on Trump's 2024 campaign. Given that the documents don't support the claims being made, and that the President and founder of the group is working on Trump's campaign, it would seem safe to disregard this as political propaganda manufactured to try and help Trump's campaign.
Did you expect someone in the Biden camp to investigate and expose the information?

The information is straight from the National Archives on letterhead. Are you saying they are lying?

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you expect someone in the Biden camp to investigate and expose the information?

The information is straight from the National Archives on letterhead. Are you saying they are lying?

I think America First is lying. The "information" on the letterhead merely states that NARA is not directing the investigation by the FBI; they merely informed the FBI -- just as I laid out above. It says nothing about the White House directing the DoJ either -- merely that the DoJ is in charge of the investigation. It also talks about the 15 boxes of information being returned on Feb 15, 5 months prior to the search being performed by the DoJ at Mar-A-Lago. What are you trying to claim the NARA letter actually says?

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think America First is lying. The "information" on the letterhead merely states that NARA is not directing the investigation by the FBI; they merely informed the FBI -- just as I laid out above. It says nothing about the White House directing the DoJ either -- merely that the DoJ is in charge of the investigation. It also talks about the 15 boxes of information being returned on Feb 15, 5 months prior to the search being performed by the DoJ at Mar-A-Lago. What are you trying to claim the NARA letter actually says?
You can read the National Archives letter for yourself.

Quote: "Archive officials emailed Philbin and John Eisenberg, another former Deputy White House Counsel, to tell them the Justice Department via the Biden White House made the Request.."

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Quote: "Archive officials emailed Philbin and John Eisenberg, another former Deputy White House Counsel, to tell them the Justice Department via the Biden White House made the Request.."

I read the letter, as I've stated three times now. It is worth noting that the quote you are making is not in the letter -- are you trying to be less than honest here? The quoted portion is in the email, and the "request" is for the DoJ to allow Trump's lawyers access to the 15 boxes of documents NARA turned over to the DoJ, after Trump had voluntarily returned them to NARA, because they contained classified information. It has zero, nothing to do with the search at Mar-A-Lago.

Please quit trying to gaslight the people who are reading this thread.

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

White House Counsel’s Office does not mean Biden.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I read the letter, as I've stated three times now. It is worth noting that the quote you are making is not in the letter -- are you trying to be less than honest here? The quoted portion is in the email, and the "request" is for the DoJ to allow Trump's lawyers access to the 15 boxes of documents NARA turned over to the DoJ, after Trump had voluntarily returned them to NARA, because they contained classified information. It has zero, nothing to do with the search at Mar-A-Lago.

Please quit trying to gaslight the people who are reading this thread.
Where is the letter? What I see is a email regarding the letter.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now I am really confused. That letter is regarding the DOJ, not "Joe knows". Maybe the OP can make it clear.
That has been my point all along. The letter and the email do not support the claims that are being made by America First Legal. The email and letter are being used as "props" to make the claims look valid, knowing that most people won't actually read the email or letter.

• Agree
Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟229,557.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

The National Archives email is quoting a sentence from a Washington Post article (Notice the quotation marks). The article also mentions why the White House was involved. Your source appears to have left that out. Maybe that information is contained in the retracted portion? Regardless, none of this has anything to do with the "raid" at Mar a Lago.

FtZAXeHX0AcDtoI.jpg

After Trump’s term ended in January 2021, Archives officials identified various high-profile items that had not been sent to their collection and requested they be located and turned over. What followed was a tortured standoff among Trump; some of his own advisers, who urged the return of documents; and the bureaucrats charged by the law with maintaining and protecting presidential records. Trump only agreed to return some of the documents after a National Archives official asked a Trump adviser for help, saying they may have to soon refer the matter to Congress or the Justice Department.

By early February, the Archives had referred the matter to the FBI. Congressional Democrats also learned of the issue and vowed to investigate. People close to Trump say he was livid, particularly at pledges from House Oversight and Reform Committee Chairwoman Carolyn B. Maloney (D-N.Y.) to probe the issue.

As it began its investigation in February and March, the FBI interviewed several Archives officials about the returned classified documents and their interactions with Trump’s team, people familiar with the investigation said.

By April, the FBI was ready to come look at the documents. Under the terms of the Presidential Records Act, the formal request for such a review had to come from the current president meaning officials in Biden’s White House. And Trump was required to be allowed to review the same documents.

On April 12, an Archives official emailed Philbin and John Eisenberg, another former deputy White House counsel, to tell them the Justice Department, via the Biden White House, had made the request. The email offered the lawyers the opportunity to view the documents as well, but said the documents were too sensitive to be removed from the agency’s secure facility.

A Trump official with proper national security clearance would have to travel to the Archives facility in Washington to read them.

It's also important to note that this request was made to review documents that had already been returned to the National Archives and didn't involve documents that may have remained at Mar a Lago.

As it began its investigation in February and March, the FBI interviewed several Archives officials about the returned classified documents and their interactions with Trump’s team, people familiar with the investigation said.

On April 12, an Archives official emailed Philbin and John Eisenberg, another former deputy White House counsel, to tell them the Justice Department, via the Biden White House, had made the request. The email offered the lawyers the opportunity to view the documents as well, but said the documents were too sensitive to be removed from the agency’s secure facility.

A Trump official with proper national security clearance would have to travel to
the Archives facility in Washington to read them.
Both Philbin and Eisenberg had the clearances that would allow them to make the trip. Trump allies tried to get Philbin, and then Eisenberg, to agree to do so, a person familiar with the record dispute said. But neither man had been involved with the original packing of the documents. Nor did they know what had gone into the boxes. Eager not to become more involved in the investigation, they begged off, this person said. The FBI sought to interview Philbin about Trump’s handling of classified material, making him a potential witness in the probe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,109.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
However, the group America First Legal is making a case that the Biden White House helped instigate the raid.​
So where to now, now that it has been shown that that case is completely at odds with reality?

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So where to now, now that it has been shown that that case is completely at odds with reality?
I'm sure another Biden Lied! post will come along soon enough.

Upvote 0