Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Today Joe Biden was at a factory in Michigan when a worker told a profane lie. The worker accused Biden of “actively trying to end our Second Amendment right." Even though voters in Michigan are voting in the primaries today, Biden had the courage to stand up to that terrible lie, forcefully & unequivocally right there on the spot!!!!! He immediately responded telling the man he was full of poop, but used a no-no word in place of poop.
He of course would have known that Trump & his base would seize upon that to gleefully call him out for saying a no-no word, despite Trump's documented prolific use of gratuitous profanity. This makes Biden's actions brave!!!!!!!

My family was traumatized by a deadly shooting at my sister's school when we were living in Washington state. It's the reason we emigrated to Canada. My sister has Asperger's & even though she was not physically harmed that day, it was psychologically devastating. Anytime she was in public she would immediately scope out places where she could hide if there was another shooter that came to hunt and kill ppl. Our family just pushed for sensible gun control. Not to end 2nd Amendment rights. Simply to have reasonable rules in place for gun ownership. Yet unhinged ppl with gun fetishes (for real, that is a thing!!!!!) attacked my family & made accusations like this factory worker did.

My heart is so filled with gratitude for Biden today. I know many other families who had to deal with school shootings feel that way.

I saw that a man very helpfully pointed out where Jesus cursed when appropriate. Today Biden's use of vulgar language was absolutely appropriate! I am so grateful to the kind man who pointed that out!!! It's a good reminder for us Zoomers that sometimes it's necessary to use more forceful speech to confront a profane lie. Though I still recommend using another word than a cuss word, when possible. Please don't post here if you're not a Zoomer.

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
What is a "Zoomer" doing in a teen's area forum?

If Biden is elected he will likely yield to the anti-gun crowd, regardless of his personal beliefs. This bunch is far more radical than those who just want sensible gun laws.

A Zoomer is anyone born between 1999 & 2015.

There are gun fetishists who perceive any gun control laws as insensible, radical & an infringement on their 2nd degree rights. I very sincerely believe they care more about guns than they do about children, having personally seen the zealousness of some. Not all, but far too many. Many families impacted by mass shootings do support Biden precisely bc of his firmer stance on gun control.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Ban semi auto rifles but not handguns, which actually kill more people and are far more dangerous. Yes that's common sense for you.

There's more practical reasons for handguns than assault rifles. Biden has advocated for sensible gun control laws pertaining to handguns that are comparable to other civilized countries.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

Excellent arguments for the wisdom of Biden's proposals for sensible laws pertaining to handguns!

Please stop posting here unless you were born during / after 1999. My generation is known as the "mass shooting generation" bc we were born after Columbine. We grew up having to do school shooting drills. We grew up with that fear. My family has personally been traumatized by it in immeasurable ways. We also have seen handgun violence. I saw a man get shot bc he had a concealed handgun when he went to pick up his kids from my sister's school & he got into a heat custody battle w his ex-wife. I saw this when I was little. It was in a very nice, upscale area, & he was a white collar professional, but he had a history of domestic abuse complaints. He should have had his guns taken from him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0