US
✟1,101,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
President Biden on Thursday said he has no choice but to build a new border wall, saying his hands are tied by laws Congress passed ordering that billions of dollars be spent on constructing the barrier.

“The money was appropriated for the border wall. I tried to get them to reappropriate, to redirect that money. They didn’t. They wouldn’t,” he said. “In the meantime, there’s nothing under the law other than they have to use the money for what it was appropriated for. I can’t stop that.”

He has failed the American people by delaying this build. Democratic leaders are turning on him; as their cities face crisis from the mass influx of foreign criminals. He wasted precious resources, spending vast amounts of taxpayer dollars guarding the building materials; as our economy suffers under his failed economic policies.

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT TRUMP!

Last edited:

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Interesting. From an earlier report I read, I thought President Biden had reversed his position on building a border wall, and I was disappointed in him. But this report suggests that he's following the law, with some regret. We're not a monarchy, after all. If the Congress has passed a law, the Executive branch is supposed to go along with it.

I'll dive into a wider range of news reports later tonight.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
President Biden on Thursday said he has no choice but to build a new border wall, saying his hands are tied by laws Congress passed ordering that billions of dollars be spent on constructing the barrier.

“The money was appropriated for the border wall. I tried to get them to reappropriate, to redirect that money. They didn’t. They wouldn’t,” he said. “In the meantime, there’s nothing under the law other than they have to use the money for what it was appropriated for. I can’t stop that.”

He has failed the American people by delaying this build. Democratic leaders are turning on him; as their cities face crisis from the mass influx of foreign criminals. He wasted precious resources, spending vast amounts of taxpayer dollars guarding the building materials; as our economy suffers under his failed economic policies.
He also failed to keep his promise:

"There will not be another foot of wall constructed on my administration, No. 1," he told NPR's Lulu Garcia-Navarro during an interview with journalists from the National Association of Black Journalists and National Association of Hispanic Journalists.

• Agree
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Saber Truth Tiger

Freethinker
Site Supporter
May 7, 2016
North Carolina
✟100,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat

"There will not be another foot of wall constructed on my administration, No. 1," he told NPR's Lulu Garcia-Navarro during an interview with journalists from the National Association of Black Journalists and National Association of Hispanic Journalists.
Although, to be fair, Trump also failed to keep his promise that he would build a wall along the Mexican and the United States border and he would make the Mexicans pay for it. Does that bother you?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Although, to be fair, Trump also failed to keep his promise that he would build a wall along the Mexican and the United States border and he would make the Mexicans pay for it. Does that bother you?
Democrats held up the funding for an extended time, and then biden put a stop to the use of already-funded building projects and material use. You also are ignoring the amount of the wall that has been built, and the amount of barriers being put up and then having to be torn down because of activist judges over "environmental concerns".

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Trump was in the process of building that wall when he was ousted.

It does bother me that he was ousted before he could complete our goal. Together we can fix this.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

That's putting it kindly.

However, the Biden administration previously authorized some wall construction, including last year to close four gaps in the border wall near Yuma, Ariz., which had seen large flows of migrants.

Upvote 0

Saber Truth Tiger

Freethinker
Site Supporter
May 7, 2016
North Carolina
✟100,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Bottom line, whatever excuse Trumpers might come up with, Trump failed to keep his promise. When he served his first two years, not only was there a Republican President in the White House, but the Republicans controlled Congress. Still no wall and the little bit he did do couldn't even withstand high winds in some areas. Trump failed to keep his promise. Whatever excuse you have, Trump failed to keep his promise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,079.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

Not breaking the law is not a valid reason for breaking a promise?

A bold stance on ethics, Cotton.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Bottom line, whatever excuse Trumpers might come up with, Trump failed to keep his promise. When he served his first two terms, not only was there a Republican President in the White House, but the Republicans controlled Congress. Still no wall and the little bit he did do couldn't evenn withstand high winds in some areas. Trump failed to keep his promise. Whatever excuse you have, Trump failed to keep his promise.
Start a thread about Trump if that's what you want to talk about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why would Biden promise to break the law?
Good question! As the article points out, there are actually 26 Federal laws biden will be ignoring. Perhaps the president of the United States really is above the law.

• Useful
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Saber Truth Tiger

Freethinker
Site Supporter
May 7, 2016
North Carolina
✟100,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
LOL!

How many terms has Trump now served?
Sorry, I mean his first two years as President, when the Republicans controlled the government. I will change it. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saber Truth Tiger

Freethinker
Site Supporter
May 7, 2016
North Carolina
✟100,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Good question! As the article points out, there are actually 26 Federal laws biden will be ignoring. Perhaps the president of the United States really is above the law.
Trump is above the Law. He will never serve a day or a night in jail or prison. If he is above the Law, don't be surprised if Biden is above the Law.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Trump is above the Law. He will never serve a day or a night in jail or prison. If he is above the Law, don't be surprised if Biden is above the Law.
Ok, then I guess we can ignore when a democrat stands before a camera and declares "No one is above the law!" since we know biden is clearly going to be declared to be above it. Thanks for getting that process started. I knew it was only a matter of time.

Upvote 0

Saber Truth Tiger

Freethinker
Site Supporter
May 7, 2016
North Carolina
✟100,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Ok, then I guess we can ignore when a democrat stands before a camera and declares "No one is above the law!" since we know biden is clearly going to be declared to be above it. Thanks for getting that process started. I knew it was only a matter of time.
I have known Trump is above the Law for years now. I have friends who are hoping he is going to prison and for years I have told them he will never spend a day or a night in prison. They still cling to their belief that Trump will be convicted and sent to prison. That idea is just crazy. He will never go to prison. Never. He has had multiple indictments, and has been held liable for sexual assault, and if that had been me I would be in prison already. Trump is a free man and although he claims to be a billionaire, he is reduced to begging his followers to send him money for his legal fees. Biden, if convicted, would also be above the Law. No President or former President in our country will ever go to prison.

In theory, the common mantra of USA citizens has been that no one is above the Law. Problem is, it is not true.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It's OK when Biden does it. He can blame it on Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I have known Trump is above the Law for years now. I have friends who are hoping he is going to prison and for years I have told them he will never spend a day or a night in prison. They still cling to their belief that Trump will be convicted and sent to prison. That idea is just crazy. He will never go to prison. Never. He has had multiple indictments, and has been held liable for sexual assault, and if that had been me I would be in prison already. Trump is a free man and although he claims to be a billionaire, he is reduced to begging his followers to send him money for his legal fees. Biden, if convicted, would also be above the Law. No President or former President in our country will ever go to prison.
In case the title of the thread didn't give it away; this thread isn't about Trump.

It's about Biden. You'd think that we could get past the first page before the topic got threadjacked.

Upvote 0