Biden delivers divisive speech, attacks Trump, 'MAGA Republicans,' warns of delays in coun

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Which taps into the climate change denying and further exploitation of the environment for the sake of the short term economy.
Joe Biden's actions have indeed exploited our environment. He has greatly curtailed the American fossil fuels produced with U.S high environmental standards and thus caused the world to rely more on heavy oil and dirty produced fossil fuels from the likes of China and Venezuela. Joe has lowered our emergency oil supply to dangerous levels before the election in order to try and get prices down temporarily for more votes for Democrats. I am sad to report he lied when he said gas was five dollars a gallon when he took office. His administration is lying when they say the border is secure, I've seen the videos that show otherwise. MAGA is an effort for our country to lead, in environmental standards, in energy supply, in respect by other countries as a world leader that can be trusted, in the economy, and in the protection of our God given rights.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,743.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If I were a 50-year-old I would rather pay higher taxes to have decent medical insurance then to pay through my company or try to find it on my own. And what's more I would probably save money doing so. There is nothing wrong with government being involved in Medicare. As a matter of fact I remember an article saying that healthcare is something that is not affected by market forces. Market forces don't hold medical costs down, and high insurance costs raise it even more. We pay more than any other country and get less for it. I think it's time to try Medicare for all.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Democrats peacefully lived with the results. They did not storm the capital.

Of course! They were all tired out after the Summer of Love of 2020. Chaz/Chop, and all that.
As for the election, they got what they wanted. They fought all Summer for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They have to stop Joe giving out money like a king to all of his friends, whether it be student loans or Chinese companies or Chinese medical experiments. They need to try and get rid of Fauci, at least curtail the money going to medical experiments through Fauci. Changing the Medicare age to 50 at this time would be disastrous. In summary it is more about reigning in spending than anything else. We also need to stop the restrictions imposed on fossil fuel energy.

Source based on a republican platform or plan?

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Source based on a republican platform or plan?
Those are my opinions. I'm not a Republican, but I am a conservative. I lot more Republicans are adapting conservative (common sense) values. As to the Republican platform, their website states:
Our Platform
Republicans believe in liberty, economic prosperity, preserving American values and traditions, and restoring the American dream for every citizen of this great nation. As a party, we support policies that seek to achieve those goals.

Our platform is centered on stimulating economic growth for all Americans, protecting constitutionally-guaranteed freedoms, ensuring the integrity of our elections, and maintaining our national security. We are working to preserve America's greatness for our children and grandchildren.

The Republican Party's legacy -- we were originally founded in 1854 for the purpose of ending slavery -- compels us to patriotically defend America's values. As the left attempts to destroy what makes America great, the Republican Party is standing in the breach to defend our nation and way of life.
https://gop.com/about-our-party/

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'll vote for Republicans who intend to lower inflation
What is the GOP plan to lower inflation? What bills have they proposed to do so?

I mean, if we had some of those and less election denialism, maybe Biden would be able to focus on their policy plans rather than them denying that Donald lost the 2020 election.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is the GOP plan to lower inflation? What bills have they proposed to do so?

I mean, if we had some of those and less election denialism, maybe Biden would be able to focus on their policy plans rather than them denying that Donald lost the 2020 election.
Republican politicians now fully understand they don't need any plans to get reelected. They don't need to create bills to help Americans. They are never held accountable at the ballot box and this enables them to remain in office while doing nothing to improve lives of Americans. All they need is a Twitter account to be elected as a republican!

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those are my opinions. I'm not a Republican, but I am a conservative. I lot more Republicans are adapting conservative (common sense) values. As to the Republican platform, their website states:
Our Platform
Republicans believe in liberty, economic prosperity, preserving American values and traditions, and restoring the American dream for every citizen of this great nation. As a party, we support policies that seek to achieve those goals.

Our platform is centered on stimulating economic growth for all Americans, protecting constitutionally-guaranteed freedoms, ensuring the integrity of our elections, and maintaining our national security. We are working to preserve America's greatness for our children and grandchildren.

The Republican Party's legacy -- we were originally founded in 1854 for the purpose of ending slavery -- compels us to patriotically defend America's values. As the left attempts to destroy what makes America great, the Republican Party is standing in the breach to defend our nation and way of life.
https://gop.com/about-our-party/

....so not specific positions or proposals to address inflation or any of the other challenges facing our country.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
....so not specific positions or proposals to address inflation or any of the other challenges facing our country.
What happens is people get elected first. Then, particularly if a party has a majority in a legislative body, whether it be in a state or federal government, they get together, share their objectives, and see what plans they can agree upon. This is the way it essentially works for Democrats and Republicans. It is doubtful that the Republicans will have enough seats in the Senate to override Joe's vetos of legislation, that would make a huge difference but is an unlikely situation. The bottom line is that what they can specifically do is based on how many are elected and whether the Democrats change their tactics and decide to compromise on legislation.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Liberty:
I believe in liberty, so does every other Americans from both side of the political spectrum.

Economic prosperity: Every Americans believes in Economic prosperity. Left and Right both want Economic Prosperity. Only difference is how to get there.

American value and Tradition: Well, this is where things get complicated. can you tell me what American value you cherish that Democratic and the Left disagree?

Preserve America's Greatness: Agree again. But do you think left want to destroy America ?

Liberty Those on the left have tried to impose their views on the populace, attacking freedom of speech and freedom of religion.

Economic prosperity Economic prosperity is not a goal of the left, certainly not in the short term. Their objective is control.

American value and Tradition This is rather subjective, traditionally Americans believe in due process and the rule of law. The approach to crime and education are some big differences. For example, letting people steal under $1000 worth of goods without prosecuting or allowing homeless camps on city streets so kids have to walk through trying not to step on needles is not a position conservatives would support.
Education would be focusing on math and reading rather than trangenderism and racism.

Preserve America's Greatness: The left has staunchly opposed Make American Great Again. Certainly a lot of the leftist policies create mayhem and division. I believe this is only a temporary goal of the hard left leaders with again the ultimate goal being control.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What happens is people get elected first. Then, particularly if a party has a majority in a legislative body, whether it be in a state or federal government, they get together, share their objectives, and see what plans they can agree upon. This is the way it essentially works for Democrats and Republicans. It is doubtful that the Republicans will have enough seats in the Senate to override Joe's vetos of legislation, that would make a huge difference but is an unlikely situation. The bottom line is that what they can specifically do is based on how many are elected and whether the Democrats change their tactics and decide to compromise on legislation.

....that isn't what I asked.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You want specific proposals, there are plenty out there from individuals who are running. But no one person or entity speaks for all of them.

I have yet to see a republican candidate list specific actions he or she would take to combat inflation.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Not passing biden's ridiculous and oppositely-named Inflation Reduction bill was one idea. Too bad the Reps weren't in the majority at the time. The voters saw that and are about to fix it.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No doubt tax cuts. Their main tool.

Of course, just like tax increases are biden's answer to everything, such as how to lower gas prices--raise taxes on the oil companies. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Republican politicians now fully understand they don't need any plans to get reelected. They don't need to create bills to help Americans. They are never held accountable at the ballot box and this enables them to remain in office while doing nothing to improve lives of Americans. All they need is a Twitter account to be elected as a republican!

What does that say about the democratic party, hmmm?

Upvote 0