Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Interesting…. When dealing with people… guns are a show of force for intimidating, injury, or death.

Several years ago I had a couple friends (one has since passed) both of these guys rode with the Hells Angels (biker group) They were part of 12 or so from the Angels who were recruited by the IRS to perform collections for a fee or a percentage. And from what they told me it wasn’t just from the Angels…. other biker groups were involved.
As D _ _ _ explained, it wasn’t because we were the salt of the earth that the IRS used us. It was all about being intimidating through nefarious actions. After a few people were shot… this procedure was exposed they supposedly shut it down. I should add that both of my friend did become the salt of the earth and were dynamic believers…” D” is still teaching fellowships today.
Cool story bro.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't understand how "conservatives" would be opposed to properly restoring the IRS. Is everyone paying their fair share not a conservative value?
If Dems were good at messaging (psst: they're not), they'd be painting this as Defund The Police, Republican Edition.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If Dems were good at messaging (psst: they're not), they'd be painting this as Defund The Police, Republican Edition.
Indeed.

Does anyone here really think that this buildup in the IRS is to go after the very wealthy or very poor?

I'm going to take a wild guess based on 2 things I'm relatively certain of....

1. The IRS was already defunded and scaled back...this happened over several administrations.

2. Since then, many young people have found multiple ways to monetize themselves and various scams on the internet. Think OnlyFans, Twitch, and other semi legitimate work all the way down to retail fences on eBay and other trading sites. People are making money in ways difficult to track.

3. The current marriage of big tech and our government isn't just about controlling free speech, political narratives, and propaganda. Much like any loan shark who has fell off and can't collect, big tech is gonna help grab that money that's being left "on the street".

I suspect this will be one of the final phases of eliminating the middle class before a nice, cozy, cage is offered to the lower class and they will gladly jump in. Whether that looks like UBI or something else....it doesn't matter.

That will be it.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I had no idea that so many billionaires lived in the trailer parks of west Michigan.
A lot of poor people and people that need services vote against them selves.

Upvote 0