Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yeah I mean if they’re sneaking across the boarder then they’re illegal immigrants but I think it’s ridiculous to say that the government is allowing “illegal” immigrants to enter the US because if they’re allowed to enter then they’re not illegal. People who say this are just promoting propaganda.
Pretty much so.

I'm thinking that they don't like the law for this, and so they just ignore the law.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The U.S. border w/ Mexico is 1,954 miles long, and therein lies the problem.
Which is precisely why Donald Trump ordered House republicans to block Biden's request for more Border Patrol funding. The same reason Trump refused to increase enforcement when he was president, instead building a flimsy fence that sometimes blew over in the wind, has been cut open over 3,000 times, according to Border Patrol officers.

• Informative
Reactions: Sif
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟901,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Pretty much so.

I'm thinking that they don't like the law for this, and so they just ignore the law.
There’s plenty of America to go around. I’ve had to go thru the process of getting a visa and green card for my wife & daughters and it was an absolute nightmare. It’s ridiculously expensive, confusing, and time consuming and USCIS is not there to help anyone with the process at all. I did all the paperwork myself because I couldn’t afford a lawyer and if you make a mistake on the paperwork USCIS won’t tell you what the mistake was, they’ll just tell you, you have to submit the form again and if you make a mistake the second time they’ll just deny the application and keep the $1300 fee. I don’t know what mistake I made on my daughter’s form because my wife & other daughter’s form were fine, so I sent a message asking what the mistake was thru the online portal and they absolutely will not tell you anything. All of their responses are pre-generated responses so you can’t ask a question and get an actual answer because they’re just going to reply, if they reply, with a response that has nothing to do with the question because they don’t care. I got lucky and filed the second application correctly I guess but I still have no idea what was wrong with the first one. It took 26 months to get their green card during which time I couldn’t claim them as dependents on my taxes which caused me to lose several thousands of dollars in tax breaks and stimulus payments. In all I missed out on about 20,000 in tax credits and stimulus payments. My eldest daughter is about to join the Air Force and serve this country to get her citizenship and I’ll still have to apply for citizenship for my wife & youngest daughter which I’m not looking forward to at all, but it’s gotta be done. I think too many people seem to forget that unless you’re American Indian, you’re with an immigrant or a descendant of an immigrant. Whites are not indigenous Americans.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There’s plenty of America to go around. I’ve had to go thru the process of getting a visa and green card for my wife & daughters and it was an absolute nightmare. It’s ridiculously expensive, confusing, and time consuming and USCIS is not there to help anyone with the process at all. I did all the paperwork myself because I couldn’t afford a lawyer and if you make a mistake on the paperwork USCIS won’t tell you what the mistake was, they’ll just tell you, you have to submit the form again and if you make a mistake the second time they’ll just deny the application and keep the $1300 fee.
This is why it pays in the long run to get a lawyer. Shouldn't be, but that's how it works.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah I mean if they’re sneaking across the boarder then they’re illegal immigrants but I think it’s ridiculous to say that the government is allowing “illegal” immigrants to enter the US because if they’re allowed to enter then they’re not illegal. People who say this are just promoting propaganda.
Some (seemingly) cannot think of the word “immigrants” without the ‘illegal” qualifier inserted.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Some (seemingly) cannot think of the word “immigrants” without the ‘illegal” qualifier inserted.
It's just crazy. Some idiots are trying to get a petition to end birthright citizenship for Americans. Of course, since that's a right in the Constitution, good luck on getting 2/3s of the states to approve it. But still.

Wouldn't it be great if all Americans had American values?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yeah I mean if they’re sneaking across the boarder then they’re illegal immigrants but I think it’s ridiculous to say that the government is allowing “illegal” immigrants to enter the US because if they’re allowed to enter then they’re not illegal.
Well, yeah, the law allows them to apply for asylum, for example. This is why it's such an injustice that the republicans killed a bill that would have opened more courts to determine if they were entitled to asylum, or would be deported. The injustice cuts both ways. It's unjust to those who are legally entitled to asylum, and are unnecessarily delayed, and it's an injustice because those who don't deserve it can prolong their stay here.

But Trump ordered Congress to kill it, and here we are.

Upvote 0