Biblical teachings on the moments right after death and what testifiers have seen and heard?

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
There are Biblical teaching people use to draw conclusions about what happens to people, mainly believers, right after they die. This is where the rubber hits the road. Or the grass becomes the goat. And there are the testimonies of what people actually see and hear just before being resuscitated. The is often a disparity.

Our faith hopefully leads onto salvation.

People at death sometimes are surprised to find themselves in Hell.

Others, some atheists, meet a being of light who sometimes identifies as Jesus. This is after traveling through a tunnel to a light. With angels, they see a life review, with great compassionate insight. Jesus asks them if they love Him and asks also, what have you done for your fellow man?

Have you fellows seen the afterlife or know someone who has? Doubtful or consider they may be right?

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There are Biblical teaching people use to draw conclusions about what happens to people, mainly believers, right after they die. This is where the rubber hits the road. Or the grass becomes the goat. And there are the testimonies of what people actually see and hear just before being resuscitated. The is often a disparity.

Others, some atheists, meet a being of light who sometimes identifies as Jesus. This is after traveling through a tunnel to a light. With angels, they see a life review, with great compassionate insight. Jesus asks them if they love Him and asks also, what have you done for your fellow man?

Have you fellows seen the afterlife or know someone who has? Doubtful or consider they may be right?

There are no real biblical teachings on the first moments after death, there are only generalities. But as far as finding yourself in hell or being asked what you have done for your fellow man, see Matthew 25:31-46.

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am doubtful about the people who claim to have seen afterlife.

Why? Because often it does not allign with what the Bible says, and even if they saw afterlife, we have everything we need in the Bible.

Ofc God is all powerful, of course He can do it, my problem is with all the people that claim to have been in Heaven and saw the Lord, not one of them have fallen like dead before Him like they dp in the Bible.

I do not believe it myself, I'm not saying they necessery lie, maybe their brain played games on them. But even if all thr after life stories were true, everything I need is in the Bible.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I am doubtful about the people who claim to have seen afterlife.

Why? Because often it does not allign with what the Bible says, and even if they saw afterlife, we have everything we need in the Bible.

Ofc God is all powerful, of course He can do it, my problem is with all the people that claim to have been in Heaven and saw the Lord, not one of them have fallen like dead before Him like they dp in the Bible.

I do not believe it myself, I'm not saying they necessery lie, maybe their brain played games on them. But even if all thr after life stories were true, everything I need is in the Bible.
It seems falling on one's face is reverence, and what people see is the light and they are filled with light and love and lifted up at heart. This would seem to be scriptural, God is light and God is love from John the apostle's letters, and salvation is in that. They are enabled to love and obtain life. Philippians 2:12-13

I think this may not be in the Bible as in a pointer, away from the Biblical violence and hardship and judgement, the anger and needing to begin in awe of God amidst lawlessness. Some people are offered a drink or fruit.

Some seeing the light experiences are false and you need the Bible to discern, but then, it is there, light and love, all knowledge, answers, fast, inner healing, judge yourself as or before God judges you in a life review, according to the Gospel, the conscience, empathy, love in all truth. In the presence of the being of light who may identify as Jesus and one's guardian angels.

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It seems falling on one's face is reverence, and what people see is the light and they are filled with light and love and lifted up at heart. This would seem to be scriptural, God is light and God is love from John the apostle's letters, and salvation is in that. They are enabled to love and obtain life. Philippians 2:12-13

I think this may not be in the Bible as in a pointer, away from the Biblical violence and hardship and judgement, the anger and needing to begin in awe of God amidst lawlessness. Some people are offered a drink or fruit.

Some seeing the light experiences are false and you need the Bible to discern, but then, it is there, light and love, all knowledge, answers, fast, inner healing, judge yourself as or before God judges you in a life review, according to the Gospel, the conscience, empathy, love in all truth. In the presence of the being of light who may identify as Jesus and one's guardian angels.
It could be true of course, but all we need to know is in the Bible.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
It could be true of course, but all we need to know is in the Bible.
Relative to salvation? Paul the apostle had an experience of going into the light. It was good for him. We need to gain knowledge of God's plan for our life in each case. Like Timothy, we also need prophecy. And words without love are empty.

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Relative to salvation?
Yes, the word of God is enough. The Biblical canon is finished, therefore, if a person says something that isn't in the Bible, to have a new revelation from God, that is not in line with the Bible, I chose not to believe it, as it could be wrong and a deception. Even if it's right, we do not need a new revelation for our salvation.

In regards to Paul, Lord showed Himself to Paul and other apostles. The apostels are all dead now. Other apostles and disciples testified of Paul so we know his testimony is true.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Yes, the word of God is enough. The Biblical canon is finished, therefore, if a person says something that isn't in the Bible, to have a new revelation from God, that is not in line with the Bible, I chose not to believe it, as it could be wrong and a deception. Even if it's right, we do not need a new revelation for our salvation.

In regards to Paul, Lord showed Himself to Paul and other apostles. The apostels are all dead now. Other apostles and disciples testified of Paul so we know his testimony is true.
Paul commended Timothy to remember those who prophesied to him about his role. And to stir up the Spirit within him. Paul gained these things from going into the light. Some people ignore the Gospel, but in an NDE are convinced love is the way for them from then on. And that is very Biblical.

The Bible is not complete, unless as it is written in 1 Corinthians 12, you have gifts to gain knowledge from God...

Some people need to the gifts to receive the Holy Spirit and be born again, and then to bear the fruit of the Spirit, love...

The Bible is missing the first letter of the three to the Corinthians and the letter to Laodicea. As Paul put it, it is a dim mirror, not perfect literally so you can know yourself fully as you are known and find in it all you need to lead a Godly life. It is a summary and true and describes love and how to grow in it. But if you use it to find out how old the Earth is or think from it you know exactly why people are homosexual... it is a mistake. 73 books, in part leads you to God and then we need to hear Him as the Bible persons did. Not the Pelagian heresy. We need to be covered in Jesus' blood.

If you want to go on a mission you need more than just the Bible and money.

God never said there is no new knowledge, the fear is an error. God is always doing new things as it is written. It never became ended and complete, God will still do new things. But we won't have revelations like the ones we got from those men who Jesus chose and who grasped him in return, the apostles. The apostles like Andronicus and Junias did not have the same, revelation of God. Paul is exceptional, and he saw the light of life, taken up to Heaven and tested by Peter...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Jesus taught through the story of the Rich Man and Lazarus that even if someone returns from the dead, it will not change their minds about honouring the law of God. Lazarus would had to appear to the rich family?

The apostle Paul aggressively persecuted the early Christians, but seeing the light of God, living light and being taken up, enabled him to repent, and grow in love and work harder than any other apostle, wifeless and attested by Peter.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are Biblical teaching people use to draw conclusions about what happens to people, mainly believers, right after they die.
To what teaching are you referring?
This is where the rubber hits the road. Or the grass becomes the goat. And there are the testimonies of what people actually see and hear just before being resuscitated. The is often a disparity.

Upvote 0