Anaheim, CA
✟8,496.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Nope I wouldn't be idle, but in the same breath I would not try to overturn the existing gov't...and if I was involved in sedition I should not be surprised if the gov't comes after me and my family:doh:

So what about the Nazi government for instance?

Upvote 0

Communion

unplugged for awhile
Feb 5, 2007
USA
✟15,544.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So what about the Nazi government for instance?

What about Nero's gov't?

What about the current crop of governments in 3d world countries, especially Africa?

What about it?

Romans 13 doesn't say what kind of gov't it is, just that God has ordained all the rulers...why one is evil and another not so much is a sovereign rule from God.

Upvote 0

General Mung Beans

Resident Conservative Christian
Aug 25, 2009
Anaheim, CA
✟8,496.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What about Nero's gov't?

What about the current crop of governments in 3d world countries, especially Africa?

What about it?

Romans 13 doesn't say what kind of gov't it is, just that God has ordained all the rulers...why one is evil and another not so much is a sovereign rule from God.

Suppose two factions in the government are fighting each other? Who do we support? Plus I would rather sin personally by rebelling than let millions of people die-if Jesus' statement on "turn the other cheek" is meant to be taken literally it seems to be any killing is unjustified.

Upvote 0

General Mung Beans

Aug 25, 2009
Anaheim, CA
✟8,496.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Communion, you yourself said:

If I have to stand before God's judgement for protecting an innocent from evil then so be it...and if I end up burning forever in the lake of fire for saving an innocent from evil's harm then it is a good trade.

Do you still stand by your statement?

Upvote 0

MichaelKelley

Sinner Saved By Grace
Jul 28, 2010
Eads, TN
Visit site
✟15,686.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Nope I wouldn't be idle, but in the same breath I would not try to overturn the existing gov't...and if I was involved in sedition I should not be surprised if the gov't comes after me and my family:doh:

Involved in sedition?? I love how you twisted the conversation. We weren't speaking about sedition, but about the causes of the Revolutionary War. The Revolutionary War was not caused by sedition. The colonists brought their case before Parliament peaceably many times, and it was only after the British fired on them that they fired back in war.

The "sedition" came AFTER the British had already incited the war. King George essentially made war with the colonists. Sure, the colonists didn't like him, but they didn't go to war against him, he went to war against them and they had the choice of fighting for their lives OR being subjected to a tyrannical government.

By the way, not too long after the Revolution ended, King George was taken off the throne because it was discovered he had a mental problem.

So, if you had tried to peaceably bring your case before the government, but they just disagreed with you and sent soldiers to kill you and your family, would you sit idly by?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cerad

Zebra Fan
Dec 2, 2004
✟10,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Right now there are hundreds of national governments that kill anybody found with a page of the Bible.
Hundreds eh? Given that there are less than 200 countries in the world total, are you really saying that all governments will kill your for having a page of the bible? Or was that some sort of metaphor thingee?

Upvote 0

Communion

unplugged for awhile
Feb 5, 2007
USA
✟15,544.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Communion, you yourself said:

Do you still stand by your statement?

Protecting the innocent and creating a "Declaration of Independence" two separate things regardless of how you might want to join them together General.

also, from post#13 on this thread:
I wore the uniform, served the nation, did my "duty" so before anyone suggests I'm a slacker guess again. It happened before my conversion (and before some of you were born) and I don't regret it (except some of the things I did during that time). I'm not a pacifist, probably own more weapons & bullets than most here and if aggressive blue helmets parachute into the neighborhood then I'll bring my own gear to help chase them off .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Communion

unplugged for awhile
Feb 5, 2007
USA
✟15,544.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Involved in sedition?? I love how you twisted the conversation. We weren't speaking about sedition, but about the causes of the Revolutionary War. The Revolutionary War was not caused by sedition. The colonists brought their case before Parliament peaceably many times, and it was only after the British fired on them that they fired back in war.

The "sedition" came AFTER the British had already incited the war. King George essentially made war with the colonists. Sure, the colonists didn't like him, but they didn't go to war against him, he went to war against them and they had the choice of fighting for their lives OR being subjected to a tyrannical government.

By the way, not too long after the Revolution ended, King George was taken off the throne because it was discovered he had a mental problem.

So, if you had tried to peaceably bring your case before the government, but they just disagreed with you and sent soldiers to kill you and your family, would you sit idly by?

While I would not idly sit by I would not pursue the situation. You are trying to justify a "Declaration of Independence" via self-defense. Good luck.

Upvote 0

General Mung Beans

Aug 25, 2009
Anaheim, CA
✟8,496.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
While I would not idly sit by I would not pursue the situation. You are trying to justify a "Declaration of Independence" via self-defense. Good luck.

So in other words you would shoot or kill the immediate problem but not attempt to solve the root of the problem.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.