• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Biblical and other support for those Hurting badly!

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blind Faith.
Darkness has been my food,
my companion,
and my jailer,
all day long.

Blind am i to see,
the place i'm at,
stuck in the darkness,
so overwhelming.

Where is my Christ?
Where is His light?
snowed under my own plight
with no ability to stand!

The darkness is so real
my heart cast down,
my soul in sorrow,
dining on misery.

Yet am i looking right?
Is my truth not anti-Christ?
Can His love ever be gone?
What lies rule my heart now?

Jesus knows my inner reality
His truth meets me down here,
coming to the pit of my existence,
letting His Light flood my darkness.

It is for me to trust The Lord,
and the truth of His Word.
Blindly accepting His love,
is for me even down here.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 13
If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

There is no greater hope for someone in the pit then to escape the pit, the alternative is living dead. The pit a horrid place to be. This is why hope is such an anchor once in place. Hope stops the drifting and provides focus, which if it is on God's love, brings the very thing(s) you hope for.

Now as Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 13:13 these three remain always true thus for a believer in Christ faith in God's love brings us hope for better. Ourselves squarely in the word to place having faith in God's love brings us true hope for better to come than been.

How does this work you may think. It works like this when we have faith in God's truth and God's truth begins to live in our hearts it begins to transform us. We grow in our new life through our faith in God's love and are encouraged by the hope and other good life that He brings alive within us.

All good comes from God so when we begin with having faith in God's love then each time we have times in that faith it will bring us good life. Faith in God's love brings us hope but it also brings us peace, endurance, self-control, purpose and meaning. Can you see the building blocks of your new life in Christ? Jesus will put everything upside down in us when we begin to have faith in His love.

When i was in my pit all these years ago and without hope, faith or love rock bottom planning to kill myself for i longed to die i read those words in 1 Corinthians 13:13 as for the first time. For i realised that the three which always remain in a believers life had not remained true in my life, i was preparing myself for hell fire.

This opened my eyes to the lies i had been holding onto, as well as how stuck i was rock bottom. i saw Jesus holding on desperately onto my life. Trying as it were to shake me awake with those words from the bible.

Turn around go the other way Climb out of your pit. Trust God's Word that His love is true and trustworthy and well worth putting our trust in especially in the light of Jesus Christ which is God's greatest love expression EVER!

So i decided to put my faith in God's love and began to grow a new life from there. It took me three and a half years to grow free from my pit and break with my suicidal impulses and an other 3 and half years to grow free from my evil voices even though my psychosis continued for years yet.

Now 15 years later my life has improved enormously from where i was when i started with just faith in God's love, still rock bottom.

Sure i still get depressed and i still cycle through my moods but so many things i don't have to deal with any longer like rage, hate, anger, bitterness, despair, hopelessness, loneliness, regrets, paralysing fears, and for the last 6 months even my psychoses are under control. How can i not be thankful?

This is why i advise people to grow a new life in and with Jesus. Read the bible with our hearts to learn to stay in His truths at all times and let His love conquer us away from all our (inner) enemies.

Twice Blinded

What destroyer, where would he be?
The deadly snake bite I didn't see!
Still part of myself was dragged away,
held captive there by wicked sway,
all the lies sown in my soul,
day by day taking control,
feeding my life lies and misery,
my good times became history.

Bringing thoughts and feelings around,
which are in no way sound,
rather inner kings cruel and strong,
those worldly ways so very wrong,
raising Babylon in all her might,
holding me captive in my fright,
denying grace to rule my ways,
mocking God in His face.

Horse hooves trampling my soul,
grass-hoppers devouring all,
scorpion stings stinging,
famine upon famine bringing,
brimstone burn everything to ash,
massive hailstones me to smash,
the darkness ever growing close,
for the goats got me by the nose.

So working for another's bread,
God's loving truth I forget,
thinking my world would always stink,
driving my good life to the brink,
yet there at the bottom of my might,
I finally began to see the light..,
..Jesus, whom I bring so much grief,
when I have that liar as my chief!

And so The Truth did shine on me!
His Spirit alive in my heart to see!
Oh what blinding light I saw there?
God's goodness displayed everywhere!
His love washing me white as snow!
His loving truth inside my life to flow!
Oh Lamb of God forever to be praised!
For from the dead I have been raised!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When we are mental unstable then we can benefit the most of The Word in our lives. Some say they have a relationship with Jesus and such is greatest if He is The Word, not otherwise. For years i thought i knew who Jesus was through my religious upbringing yet only when i found Him in The Word the He remain faithful to me and my cause.

As someone who has spoken with lots of mentally ill people this is where most of the confusion lays, who and where is God? How can i find Him in my hurting life? Many believers even think that God is punishing them for their sins and this is why they are so sick, i been one of those people as well in the past.

As a matter of fact i had to do completely away with Jesus as He had been taught to me and let Him rebuild me in my understanding and vision of Him. Jesus did that through The Word and through His indwelling love - so through out the process i had two witnesses proclaiming His Word to my suffering being and curse and destruction on the numbered within - the bad life to go! 2/3 of my inner world ended-up destroyed yet He rebuild me completely - and is still busy now perfecting that and increasing my harvests.

Amazing grace getting to know Him let me assure you. One of the biggest changes in my thinking was the realisation that God suffers our wrongs down here as well. Just see Jesus on the cross to know the Father in this. Just understand how (depressive) lies deny His truth to be!

Once i found Jesus in my hurting life i've been constantly amazed at His ability to overcome wrong and evil and make good come out of bad. It has amazed me how His truths apply to my heart in such a way that they nourish me. Like Jesus said I Am The Bread Of Life! He literally feeds me His ability to stand up against bad life and overcome it. In the mean time Jesus grows more good life into me on a daily basis.

i simply love my relationship with The Word. For He wells within and without so how can i miss out? He is always beside me no matter how low i must go, He has something good to make out of it.

Such ability is available to anyone who dares to lay down their hurting life and await newness in Christ growing through the word and in Love in our hearts.

So if you suffer the darkness and you have not been able to find God down there, than that maybe because you mistakenly placed God on satan's throne as prince of this world and blame Him for your misfortune and world's problems. i know i did that for a long time and my misery knew no end. It wasn't until i realised how satan steals our good life and squanders it with us in the pit and the liars in charge of our miserable lives pouring their bad life over us that i understood this. Such a miserable trade the wicked are in to.

The Truth is that God suffers our misery when we do, that is the truth of it. For if you as a parent love your child and the child suffers then you suffer along with your child. Jesus suffers all our pain and misery but unlike happens in our depressed life, He makes something good come out of the bad life and has that in store for us for when we come to Him in our distress.

Be of good courage and get to know Jesus through The Word as the voice of gracious love for that is the safest way to commune with Him.

Peace

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lost Moments.
The truth is always soundly true
but i don't always synchronise
walking around with a darkened mind
because of the lies i believe.

At first i think i'm safe and sound
but i miss those vital warning signs
my good life burning up each time
with bad life coming in to stay.

The worst is i act out of my lies
soon a harvest of misery awaits
for the deeds from the liar himself
stain my soul with his damnation.

In the end there is but one way out
to die to the whole inner commotion
Let His loving truth turn me inside out
reawakening to His goodness within.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cut Up Good!
In my goats; I never knew my life turned out to be a twin
and that I be the one who would always sin.
That my greedy and dishonest eyes
Where the cause of all my inner lies
what have my wilful deeds achieved
but brought trouble upon the things I believed?
My demise I have clearly seen
a goat in life I have clearly been.
Now I will not receive any grace
but be uprooted from my place

In my sheep; i never knew my life turned out to be a twin
and i be the one who the crown would win.
That Jesus would show His grace to me
and from my enemies set me free.
Reigning beside Him over my being
His goodness over me is what i'm seeing.
In awe His Victory to celebrate
His love over me a triple A rate.
So i advise you to willingly die
to your own big I

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A series of three sermons on joy in The Lord. Very good sermons for those of us who have lost our joy in The Lord or are looking for purpose while struggling with mental illness.

Joyride: Purpose

and i enjoyed listening to this series of nine sermons on The Lord's prayer.

Our Father

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lies Bring Misery Alive
If i search for my Lord
but cannot find Him
then i know for sure
i'm overcome by lies
and need to find
His loving truth back
underneath my misery
hurting hell out of me.

Best not run of now
with despair and hopelessness,
Getting my eyes of whatever
it is that captivates me.
Looking at Christ instead.
What price did He pay,
me walking around,
with all those lies,
hurting His good life?

He is the truth,
there are no lies in Him
Purest Goodness
is what He looks like
truly faithful love
is what He is all about,
unlike anything i've seen
anywhere else in this world.

Jesus is who i want as King
not those lies bringing agony
So giving my misery to Him
letting Him bring my good life back
putting my trust in His Word
and letting the lies die out of me
while His truth grows back in return
His love setting me free again.

Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i think that depression is an illness that brings more suffering than most physical illnesses, because it is within the mind and attacks the carrier from within. Hence so many depressed people succumb to suicide and even far more struggle with it.

i know the burden of depression to be immense, unbearable really but yet we must. Often time depressed people are completely isolation even if they live in a house full of people, for healthy people often time fail to reach the level of the depressed person or grasp in any way how deeply the suffering is.

i know when my depression is at its worst i walk without lifting my feet up. i walk with my head down each step as struggle. My legs feel heavy my arms feel heavy and i have this incredible uncomfortable feeling of sinking emptiness in my chest.

Often time i sink deeper by the moment. i've had days, weeks even, where i constantly had this sensation of sinking in my mood. Each day light years lower in that horrible (bottomless) pit.

They say God does not send us more than we can bear, but it seems like i have carried a zillion times more than i could bear and still it got worse.

Good medication can make a world of difference i knew from people all around me, but for me nothing seemed to work. Anti depressants drove me manic, suicidal and utterly depressed. While mood stabilisers stabilised me in my lowest mood possible and anti-psychotics made it seem like i had no life left to live - because all my remaining good life would vanish. The problem with most anti-psychotic medication is that they add an anti depressive element to it - which i certainly can not cope with.

One thing stood out about my years in the pit, i relied on other people to help me out of my depression, i hadn't considered that rebuilding my psyche with non depressive material could do what other people couldn't do. i hadn't considered how Jesus could help me out of my rut.

For that is essentially what happened. i had a Jesus experience rock bottom. He came right into my hell.

Now please don't think that i was happy to see Jesus for nothing could be further from the truth than that. i raged at Him. Honest that is what i did i told Him what i thought of Him leaving me to suffer years of misery without a word from Him. i in my inner hell despite His empty promises and He in Heaven ruling over us bringing us misery. i was so angry, so very angry that i literally wanted to smash Him with my firsts.

However as anyone who has had a Jesus experience knows, Jesus is the truth. So to my amazement as i raged at Him i could see that He was innocent of my charges against Him.

Amazing how that goes brothers and sisters! He is the truth and revealed the truth to me while i was rock bottom in my lies. That is what He showed me as i raged at Him. That i had been internalising my depression for years. How i created my own reality with my own hopeless thoughts, my own despair, my own lies about myself, God and others, but that none of it was The Truth. He asked me after my plans for the future, where to my shame i had hidden my well concealed plan to kill myself. And so i arrived on the bottom of my existence - all because i had a depressive illness and had succumbed to it.

Not because God didn't love me, and not because others didn't love me, but because i didn't love myself, was the reason my suffering turned out to be so heavy. i had internalised all the negativity of my depression but i had not internalised the goodness of God.

Well here i was most likely psychotic throughout this whole ordeal with Jesus, still i will NEVER forgot what He told me and showed me about myself.

From that night onwards i realised i had to die to heeding the negativity of my own depressed mind and come to life into the promises of Scripture. For one thing that stood out in my raging at Jesus how much this hurt Him. How much the lies i believed about him hurt Him. He who is love Himself and is innocent of all wrong, so misunderstood, so scolded and blamed for the wrongs be sailing us down here and i have been one of the worst of them to crucify Him like that.

So i began to internalise the promises of Scripture into my daily life and began to cultivate faith in His love so i would have hope for better. It took me just over 3 1/2 years to climb out of my pit and another 3 1/2 years to become strong enough to stay out of major depression.

And here i am today. A depressed person who is doing heaps better than he has been in the past. i found some aids to help me as well in the mean time. i take 2000 mg of Vitamin D3, 30 mg of Zinc with 100 mg of B6 and a 1000 mg of vitamin C and 400 mg of 5-htp and vitamin B3 (Niacin) 2000 mg and a small amount of an older type anti psychotic without anti depressant in it and am doing really well.

i have learned to love and admire Jesus in my life. Nothing and nobody is as loving as our Lord Jesus. He truly is One with God and is all the things He says He is but He dwells in the truth and suffers the truth of the lie and has for thousands of years. So our Lord in Trinity knows really well how to guard our hearts and minds against a depressive illness and i recommend you also find your truth back if you have been overcome by the lies of your depression. It is greatest life ever beside the King to rule over life. Truly He is our Master in everything.

Peace.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i don't know about your depression but my depression had a truth all of its own. What stood out about that truth is that it was devoid of love, grace and goodwill towards me. My depression always dragged me through the mud and not only me, others as well, and God also. The things i used to believe about God's intentions towards me. Like death and destruction, hell fire even. When all God ever did was love and protect me from evil. It took a long time before i could see that more clearly in my life.

The truth is what we sow we shall harvest. This is a hard saying for depressed people but essential to be understood. If we agree with the sadness, bitterness, envy, despair, loneliness, hopelessness and anxiety unchallenged then this is what we will reap more of at harvest time.

Yet how hard is it to disagree with such negative feelings when we are depressed? Almost impossible to sow good stuff when we are depressed yet it is essential that we do just that if we want to be able to master our depression.

This is where our faith in Jesus comes in handy. Faith in God means that we hope in His goodness also in our downtrodden lives even if we can't yet see it. If faith in God's love is missing in our depressed lives then depression will grill us without mercy. If on the other hand we do cultivate faith in God's love then we will find that we can fight our depression with God's loving truth.

To fight our depression rather than be overcome by it is the answer to escape our depression. The good thing is that with God we are loved, with God our past deeds don't matter, with God we can overcome hardship because He has, with God there is always hope for better.

So if you are in your pit and you want to hear God today then believe me when i say God's says 'I love you true' even now. If you hold onto that truth in your daily life then you have already made a huge step in overcoming your depression.

Cultivating faith in God's love works best when we pass on our inabilities to Him rather than despair them. For years i gave Jesus my inability to cope, thanking Him for grace as i went along, and for years He gave me the ability to get through. In the end faith in His love grows because we see that Jesus is faithful and true to our lives and keeps us from falling or turns it to our benefit at the end of our ride with the negativity.

Even just a few moments in the faith can make us feel so much better, even though little has changed yet. When i began working with Jesus at my life i had only minutes with Him before i slipped back into my negativity again. Yet those minutes grew and became hours, days and weeks while Jesus hammered back the power of my depression and gave me the ability to handle its onslaughts.

Depression is never any fun but what is fun to see how Jesus can get good out of bad and turn our bad life into good life. What i loved the most of the process was to see how strong Jesus truly is to help us on our way. How He never leaves us in the lurch or forsakes us, no matter how often we fail Him He remains faithful and true.

So be of good courage as you battle yourself free from the grip depression has on you. A long process but well worth going through it.

Peace.

Psalms 139
You have searched me, Lord,
and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
you, Lord, know it completely.
You hem me in behind and before,
and you lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand—
when I awake, I am still with you.

If only you, God, would slay the wicked!
Away from me, you who are bloodthirsty!
They speak of you with evil intent;
your adversaries misuse your name.
Do I not hate those who hate you, Lord,
and abhor those who are in rebellion against you?
I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies.
Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Follow Me.
Slowly the wheels of truth roll into place.
All possible because of grace.
His truth hems you in.
In Christ victorious you will win
Your loosing battles.

For who can fight against Him the King?
The One of whom we Christians sing.
In loving truth, He exposes your inner lies.
All that is Antichrist inside of you surely dies.
Will you find mercy for all that makes up you?

You will think you know His truth for sure.
Yet the world is still a constant lure.
Your weaknesses over comes you at will.
In your heart it isn’t very often still.
No peace for the wicked within.

There you fall into your own crap.
Before your eyes springs the trap.
Misery and despair take hold.
Soon your inner world does fold.
Who can rescue you from wilful sin?

Exposed you may have to blush.
About all the former fuss.
For who would willing turn back?
Taking again the accuser’s track.
When only His truth sets you free?

Slowly the wheels of truth roll into place.
Only the pure shall see His face.
What a glorious day this will be,
When all stand before His Holy Majesty.
Praising our delighted hearts out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟471,161.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
thank you so much for this post and bless you for the thread and that its kept going something i need right now JESUS LOVES YOU and i love you i know i dont know you but we should love each other Jesus would want us love each other

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
thank you so much for this post and bless you for the thread and that its kept going something i need right now JESUS LOVES YOU and i love you i know i dont know you but we should love each other Jesus would want us love each other

Thank you very much for the encouragement Lily.

And i agree Jesus loves us and would want us to love each other as well.

Be blessed.

Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Battle For Your Mind.
It is your thoughts you fight
when you are down deep
with the darkness pressing
your ability to cope to pulp
as you sink into your pit
feeling godforsaken and alone.

Thoughts automatically respond
to the darkness all around
as you begin to dig your own grave
willing to change your reality
but not knowing how
apart of to die to the pain.

Letting The Word have His say
is best way to deal
with renegade thoughts
fuelled by depression
For God's ability to suffer
He passes on to you down below.

A true light in your darkness
Is the light of His Gospel
The truth of His promises
can live inside of you
also you hurting your hell
wanting to die to it all.

So please place your faith in Him
Let His loving truth guide you
follow Him wherever He goes
Pass your inabilities to Him
gain His abilities in return
climbing out of your pit as well.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lost Your Joy?
Have you lost your joy in life
hiding your hurting feelings
to survive the peer pressure
but inside you feel so alone
and godforsaken at times
that you wish you didn't exist?

Jesus calls out to you now.
Inviting you to die to it all
and begin anew with Him.
Following His way of love
finding eternal life in His truth
Resurrected into a new Joy.

A life with Jesus can cope!
Overcome much hardship!
Is different than the old!
For bad is loved to death
good times come back to life
while hurting life goes away.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalms 23
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.

Even when i walk through darkest valley i will fear no evil for Jesus is with me and He is all i need to survive the onslaught of my illness. Daily i struggle, daily i fall, daily i get back up again and look at Jesus for support. His loving grace is awesome and makes me so free in both good and bad in His love to be.

i think that is the biggest lesson i learned with my illness. Before the Lord was revealed within, my heart was divided. On the one hand i served The Lord on the other hand i served myself. Much of me lived in darkness not knowing good from evil even, but mixing the two all the time. Much suffering was generated in me doing that. Yet now He has united my heart to serve His name and in both my good and in my bad life i seek to serve Him, it has made a world of difference in my life. Daring to be a sinner living under grace.

Scary to go with your bad life to Jesus for the dragon stokes the fires hot to try and stop you. Nevertheless dying to wrong and coming to life in the new is a beautiful process. No one is as merciful as our Lord. There is no sin that cannot be forgiven apart of not believing that. It is daring to look Jesus in the eyes and saying thank You for making me perfect by His blood instead of my self generated goodness. If i had to save myself i be in big trouble That much i do know.

Thank God for Jesus!

Meeting Jesus.

Inability to change forces me to look Jesus in the eye.
The blushing shame from my own nakedness creeps.
Lucky I know the accuser is merely the father of the lie.
Well now a harvest this fallen angel reaps.
Come see the weeds inside my heart to be burnt!

"Can you remember times of wanton greed?"
Awakened, I hear my faithful Saviour speak
"When you hated from my love to feed?"
In His kind words the fire of His mercy peaks,
I watch my greed tumble out of my psyche.

A fiery ending is the best way to illustrate,
the fate my inner greed meets on his tailspin out.
Utterly rejected and in a most miserable state.
Clear knowledge what his punishment is about,
This past ruler is stripped of his powers.

"Those times you in selfishness did feed?"
The perspicacity of His view zeros in.
His voice gentle, sounding so sweet.
Still I watch my biggest I crumble within.
Tumbling down the tunnel without ending.

"But my beloved child why did you follow?"
His urgent words bring me back from sure calamity.
"How much narcissistic thinking did you swallow?
Come, just let it flow out of your personality,
take on a humble vision of self like me."

Gratefully I take His gift offered to me.
A humble heart inside my chest to throb.
Truly from greedy selfishness free to be.
My dear Heavenly Friend please never stop,
fill my every sense of being with Yourself.

Never did I deserve this.
Your goodness in my heart to meet.
I have done so much amiss.
Yet in loving care You still greet.
Oh how I long forever in You to be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All of us who have been in the pit of depression knows the desolation that is an abomination, living dead to be. This is what i found so interesting of scripture - all its truths run parallel with the human psyche. God truly used the human condition to write the bible. i like that very much.

For example the Psalms very often voice the inner battles of a depressed heart. The choice of words is telling of The Kingdom of God, which is first of all a Kingdom of the heart, that is why Jesus said to Pilate my Kingdom is not of this world.

Nowhere do we see spirituality depicted clearer than in the book of Revelation. According to me the book is purely spiritual it is its first language.

For example a guilty conscience accuses the person who has it. Yet the accuser/what we call our guilty conscience, is satan himself according to Revelation 12:10-12;

Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:

“Now have come the salvation and the power
and the kingdom of our God,
and the authority of his Messiah.
For the accuser of our brothers and sisters,
who accuses them before our God day and night,
has been hurled down.
They triumphed over him
by the blood of the Lamb
and by the word of their testimony;
they did not love their lives so much
as to shrink from death.
Therefore rejoice, you heavens
and you who dwell in them!
But woe to the earth and the sea,
because the devil has gone down to you!
He is filled with fury,
because he knows that his time is short.”

Isn't that a revelation? When we fornicate with satan spiritually then he becomes a part of our conscious self from where he does his destructive work. How many people hide their guilty conscience to keep doing the wrongs they do? Then satan is king of the heart. Or worse how many people are tortured by a guilty conscience by of the very things they brought to life heeding satan's lies within? Also in a tortured heart satan plays king. Christ's blood clears our guilty conscience, nothing else can do that. Having Christ clean us with His blood gives us once more an intact conscience that can operate with integrity.

The accuser, or - The Dragon - is the abomination that causes desolations to occur. For he plays god in peoples hearts through accessing our conscience through guilt and shame lying to us about how to get free. Making something created good, not good, and controlling God's created goodies by the no good ruling our hearts and minds. Us making a mess of it in real life and bringing the works of the destroyer upon us spiritually as well as physically.

A lot of depressed people are severely oppressed by satan and the past sins he got on them. Depression brings often the very desolations the bible warns about. If we want to understand what the great desolation will be about we only have to look in a depressed heart for answers. This is not to say that depression is God's wrath on every depressed person's life, though depression can be a punishment for doing it wrong, when depression comes around as an illness then it may seem like God doesn't care about us or even that He is angry with us, but in reality to opposite is the truth.

It is best to drop a guilty conscience of at Jesus feet brothers and sisters, even more urgently so when you are depressed. For a guilty conscience can be torture i know from experiences to be true when we are down in that pit. For in the pit our sins, weaknesses and shortcomings berate us all day long!

Isn't it good to see how near the end of Revelation, after mind control has been destroyed, and the wicked wiped out, satan is thrown in the pit. The very place he build for us will be his final resting place. So good to know this to be really true for it has already come true in my life.

Though i still struggle with a depressive illness Jesus has saved my from my pit and set me free much more to let Him make something good come out of bad. Which is His ultimate Victory over all things bad, depression as well.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
an oldie

Dear Father in heaven above.
Today I want to praise Your Love.
Our Lord Jesus.

Your goodness is above all good.
No matter what you in me put.
It are eternal treasures.

You explain your truth to me.
By setting my heart so free.
Upon You to ponder.

Oh what a delight of soul You bring.
Angels in my heart to sing.
About Your wonder.

Your grace I drink in full measure.
Your Life my greatest treasure.
Oh how I love Thee!

My heart melts into my chest.
Your forgiving grace is the best,
Weapon against accusers attack.

Never again do I want to heed that beast.
Those who on my loves do feast.
In unholy fashion.

Yet weak I stand in love.
Humbly praising You above.
For the forgiving rain within.

So the Vine sustains me.
From all evil You set me free.
How can I thank You?

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Galatians 5:13-26
You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

For me fighting depression has been learning how to walk in The Spirit. Suffering an illness that has proven to be hard to medicate, forced me to the realisation that my depressive mind caused my heart to suffer from bouts of hatred, jealousy, fits of rage and envy.

At first i panicked seeing myself so fleshly at work within myself against myself but i found much courage when i realised that these attributes were not saved in me and eventually would fall away, me being saved from them even if that would take until the time i arrived in Heaven. Christ promised to save us from our bad life i took much courage from that.

Learning to love and dwell on love and His ways is very good to meditation on. Praying for others who were hurting and generally working out of the goodness of my heart as much as possible helped enormously as well. The trick is to be busy with the things of God cultivating love, kindness, gentleness, self control, patience and long suffering and resisting the thoughts and feelings my depression brought my way.

Dealing with my P.T.S.D trauma through a qualified counsellor also did miracles subduing my rages. In the end i dropped what was left of my rage off at God and have not raged since.

It took me years to find relief from my raging anger but with good counselling and a heart full of love from God i got through it and left the affliction behind. How many psychoses did i have raging like that? i shudder thinking about it. Now i have been psychosis free for more than 12 months. (Praising The Lord!)

The trick to beat depression is to cultivate God's good life in our hearts. To let Jesus turn the bad life we are going through to good life in and with Him. He can certainly do that. (Just look what good Jesus achieved at His lowest point in His life.)

This is the secret of a godly heart it overcomes the darkness, also the darkness of a depressed heart, and makes something good come out of all those bad times. Such is Christ's victory time and again.

Be of very good courage and dare to put your faith in His love. Ultimately that is all that is needed to be done. Us depressed people having faith in his love regardless of the suffering we are going through and letting his love lift us up.

Peace.

Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To Those Who Do The Hurting.
God’s Word must be a weapon of love.
Carrying the voice of our Father above.
Pure Love wants to meet!

So leave the anger within your heart.
When love from your mind does part
Seek your newness from Him.

So please don’t deny you being wrong.
See the enemy is incredible strong,
See the lies which dwell within you?

Or did you harvest His eternal gain?
A heart of love – from wrong refrain.
Always praising what is good?

So where are your fruits of love?
A heart walking with Father up above?
Where righteousness and justice kiss?

So be not deceived within.
Confessing weakness and confessing sin.
Not hiding your way with destruction!

For in you things are not so good.
How can this be kindly put?
When you consume other's flesh?

So come and walk with me a par.
In His love we can reach so far.
Into our divided inner selves.

As for you this is what I seek.
God’s truth in your heart to have a peek.
His Light piercing your inner shadows.

For would you then not be forever free?
From the power of evil and its misery?
God’s love with us to praise instead?

Last edited:
Upvote 0