Visit site
✟24,768.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I only use the KJV. Lots of reasons, but mostly, I hate having to memorize a dozen different renderings of the same exact verse. Besides, even a heathen recogiizes the Lord's prayer or 23rd Psalm when you quote the KJ. The bible is one thing I don't mind being too familular.

Upvote 0

daveleau

In all you do, do it for Christ and w/ Him in mind
Apr 12, 2004
Bossier City, LA (removed from his native South C
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible I carry to church is an NIV/KJV parallel.
My favorite study Bibles (lots of commentary w/in them) are an NIV and a KJV.
My favorite Bibles for study are my Today's Parallel Bible (NASB, KJV, NIV, AMP) and Evangelical NT (NKJV, NIV, TNIV, ESV, HCSB, Message, NLT, and one other that escapes me)

My favorites are KJV, NIV, HCSB and ESV.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have most of them but prefer KJV or NKJV

Haven't tried out the ESV but the interim pastor insists on using it though they've got NIV in the pews but I still carry in a KJV or NKJV into church.

Twincrier is right--when everyone used KJV everyone memorized the same thing. Can you imagine what a congregational rendering of the Lord's Prayer is going to be like 100 years from now?

Upvote 0

thepinkpencil3

Jun 27, 2005
✟8,197.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My main one is NIV, but then I will refer to my KJV or my NKJV for a different view of a particular verse. I also have The Message Remix, which I rarely use, but it's kinda nice in some of the more boring books.... I want a New American Standard though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
AceHarddrive said:
Authorized Version (aka KJV) of 1611. I use that with Strong's, dictionaries and commentaries on my Pocket e-Sword (PDA) and e-Sword (PC).

~Tim :hug:

Hey, I had no idea that E-sword was now on the pocket PC! I'm going to download it right now. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.