Not open for further replies.

shah

May 1, 2007
✟15,133.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Single
Question comes in my mind. How God must be look like? What qualities a true God must have?. What should be definition of “God” ? .

The same qualities as Jesus had?

Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of the glory, and the impress of His subsistence, bearing up also the all things by the saying of His might--through Himself having made a cleansing of our sins, sat down at the right hand of the greatness in the highest,

Psalms 110:1 A Psalm of David. The affirmation of the LORD to my Lord: `Sit at My right hand, Till I make thine enemies thy footstool.'
Position of Jesus (pbuh) in Islam:

(i)
Islam is the only non-Christian faith, which makes it an article of faith to believe in Jesus (pbuh). No Muslim is a Muslim if he does not believe in Jesus (pbuh).

(ii)
We believe that he was one of the mightiest Messengers of Allah (swt).

(iii)
We believe that he was born miraculously, without any male intervention, which many modern day Christians do not believe.

(iv)

We believe he was the Messiah translated Christ (pbuh).

(v)
We believe that he gave life to the dead with God’s permission.

(iv)
We believe that he healed those born blind, and the lepers with God’s permission.

Question comes in my mind. How God must be look like? What qualities a true God must have?. What should be definition of “God” ? .

The same qualities as Jesus had?

Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of the glory, and the impress of His subsistence, bearing up also the all things by the saying of His might--through Himself having made a cleansing of our sins, sat down at the right hand of the greatness in the highest,

Psalms 110:1 A Psalm of David. The affirmation of the LORD to my Lord: `Sit at My right hand, Till I make thine enemies thy footstool.'
But....what u mentioned the same quailies a hollywood hero can have.....so can we call him God........but...have any one these kind of quailies,,,,,,,
Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
And there is none like unto Him.
viewsssssssssssssssssssss

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Upvote 0

Rut

All creation points to the almighty Creator.
Oct 31, 2005
Norway
✟56,960.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Position of Jesus (pbuh) in Islam:

(i)
Islam is the only non-Christian faith, which makes it an article of faith to believe in Jesus (pbuh). No Muslim is a Muslim if he does not believe in Jesus (pbuh).

(ii)
We believe that he was one of the mightiest Messengers of Allah (swt).

(iii)
We believe that he was born miraculously, without any male intervention, which many modern day Christians do not believe.

(iv)

We believe he was the Messiah translated Christ (pbuh).

(v)
We believe that he gave life to the dead with God’s permission.

(iv)
We believe that he healed those born blind, and the lepers with God’s permission.

But....what u mentioned the same quailies a hollywood hero can have.....so can we call him God........but...have any one these kind of quailies,,,,,,,

viewsssssssssssssssssssss

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Do you mean the hollywood hero or Jesus? We can call for example the hollywood star for a God as God Almighty said Moses was.

Exodus 7:
1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

Even if we call him that he isn`t God Almighty

Upvote 0

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
LoveAlways said:
There's nothing wrong with a Christian wanting to follow the Torah laws. But it's a choice.

There is a problem. Knowing what we currently know, we should be running as far away from trying to conform to the Torah as possible. Jesus already gave us the pertinent laws we are to follow; so, it would be highly detrimental to regress to the burden to the Law. Trying to adapt a certain part of the law is falling down a slippery slope of conceding our salvation to legal requirements. Whatever one does as a Christian can not supercede the Law of the Spirit, which is in us through Christ. We can not be of both the Law of Moses and the Law of the Spirit. If I am misunderstanding you, please elaborate so that I can understand.

Upvote 0
R

Renton405

Ever since the Qur'an was revealed, fourteen centuries ago, no one has been able to produce a single chapter like the chapters of the Qur'an in their beauty, eloquence, splendor, wise legislation, true information, true prophecy, and other perfect attributes.

z

I am curious. Have you ever read the writings of the Bahai prophet?

VERY similar to the Quran..

There are many revisions of the Quran..

Read up on what happened with Uthman.

Also the NT is written on what accounts the apostles actually saw happen with Jesus. Not just 1 account, but 4. All validating each other. The OT has almost 100 different writers and prophets.

The Quran was written by someone who claimed an angel was speaking to him..1 account, 1 person. in my opinion thats ALOT of trust to put in one person, what if Mohammed was lying or crazy??

Reactions: Rut
Upvote 0

LoveAlways

Apr 11, 2007
✟15,794.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
There is a problem. Knowing what we currently know, we should be running as far away from trying to conform to the Torah as possible. Jesus already gave us the pertinent laws we are to follow; so, it would be highly detrimental to regress to the burden to the Law. Trying to adapt a certain part of the law is falling down a slippery slope of conceding our salvation to legal requirements. Whatever one does as a Christian can not supercede the Law of the Spirit, which is in us through Christ. We can not be of both the Law of Moses and the Law of the Spirit. If I am misunderstanding you, please elaborate so that I can understand.
You might be misunderstanding me, but I can't expand to elaborate, because I don't see what you're not getting. It's fine to follow any piece of Torah law that makes you feel closer to God with the exception of those laws that contradict the NT. No one is suggesting that by following some of the law, a Christian would stop thinking salvation is through Jesus alone.

Upvote 0

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You might be misunderstanding me, but I can't expand to elaborate, because I don't see what you're not getting. It's fine to follow any piece of Torah law that makes you feel closer to God with the exception of those laws that contradict the NT. No one is suggesting that by following some of the law, a Christian would stop thinking salvation is through Jesus alone.

You said that we are not bound by Torah, but then you finsihed your other post with this:
There's nothing wrong with a Christian wanting to follow the Torah laws. But it's a choice.

I didn't understand that statement. It seems like a contradiction of thoughts. From my perspective, it implies that we can pick and choose things that we want to follow from the Torah that don't contradict the NT as if these practices will somehow enhance our relationship with God. If that is what you meant, then this poses a dilemma for a Christian. To indulge in any part of the Old Torah is to take on the whole of the Old Torah. The New Torah has all of the Old Torah that we need to be complete before Christ and close to Christ.

Upvote 0

Abdurrahim

Veteran
Jul 11, 2005
✟1,970.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
The Quran was written by someone who claimed an angel was speaking to him..1 account, 1 person. in my opinion thats ALOT of trust to put in one person, what if Mohammed was lying or crazy??
The Nineteenth Letter

THE MIRACLES OF MUHAMMED (PBUH)

This treatise describes more than three hundred miracles. And as it describes the Prophethood of Muhammed (PBUH), itself a miracle, so is it itself a wonder in three or four respects, proceeding from the miracle of his prophethood.

http://www.risale-inur.com.tr/rnk/eng/letters/19letter.html

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.