Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Greenthumb said:
Psalm 46:1-3,

'God is our refuge and strength, and ever present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.'
Greenthumb said:
Psalm 55:16 & 17 & 22,

'But I call to God, and the Lord saves me. Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress and he hears my voice. Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.'
You have truly touched my heart today, Greenthumb....thank you for these beautiful scriptures! Thank You to the Lord for giving us to them. I am feeling very uplifted, and it brings a tear to my eye to know you care. Thank you so much! :hug:

2 Corinthians 1:11
Ye also helping together by prayer for us, that for the gift bestowed upon us by the means of many persons thanks may be given by many on our behalf.

Upvote 0

Greenthumb

So many seeds...so little time!
Feb 20, 2005
Greenthumb's Garden
✟69,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Psalm 121

I lift up my eyes to the hills--
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip--
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord watches over you--
the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep your from all harm--
he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.​

Reactions: angelwind
Upvote 0

MeekOne

Meek is not weak
Oct 8, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Visit site
✟61,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Greenthumb said:
Psalm 121

I lift up my eyes to the hills--
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip--
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord watches over you--
the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep your from all harm--
he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.
Amen! :amen: Thank you, Sister! :hug:

Matthew 6:25-26
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
MeekOne said:
That was so wonderful to see this today! Thank you very much...

No problem - it's a verse that was shared with me by my pastor when I was going through a difficult time, and it's one that I still find very uplifting.

and welcome to the thread! :clap:

Cheers!

:)

David.

Reactions: MeekOne
Upvote 0

Zakon

Jesus Loves
Feb 24, 2005
✟14,211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Isaiah 53:3-4

He was despised and forsaken of men,
A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief;
And like one from whom men hide their face
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
Surely our griefs He Himself bore,
And our sorrows He carried;
Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten of God, and afflicted.

Reactions: jessi_girl
Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
jessi_girl said:
While he was still a long distance away, his father saw him coming. Filled with love and compassion, he ran to his son, embraced him, and kissed him.

Don't you just love that? He runs out to meet us. :bow:

God is awesome.

:amen:

David.

Reactions: Greenthumb
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jessi_girl

THaNK You JeSuS!
May 20, 2005
Philippines
✟6,859.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus said to her, "Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty forever. The water that I wil give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

John 4:13,14

Upvote 0

jessi_girl

THaNK You JeSuS!
May 20, 2005
Philippines
✟6,859.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
skier_patra21 said:
Hebrews 11:1:clap:
skier_patra21 said:
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see.":crossrc:

:)

By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be known as the son of Pharaoh's daughter. He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a short time. He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward. By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the king's anger; he persevered because he saw him who is invisible.

Hebrews 11:24-27 NIV:wave: :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
I think Hebrews is my favourite book of the Bible. Loads of wonderful material on what it means to be living a life of faith. A couple of my favourites:

"...let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith..." (12:1b - 2a)

19Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. (10:19 - 22)

David.

Upvote 0

jessi_girl

THaNK You JeSuS!
May 20, 2005
Philippines
✟6,859.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Spiritual Blessings in Christ Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will- to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.

Ephesians 1:3-6 NIV

:clap: :amen: :)

Upvote 0

jessi_girl

THaNK You JeSuS!
May 20, 2005
Philippines
✟6,859.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
David Brider said:
I think Hebrews is my favourite book of the Bible. Loads of wonderful material on what it means to be living a life of faith. A couple of my favourites:

"...let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith..." (12:1b - 2a)

19Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. (10:19 - 22)

David.

:amen:

Upvote 0

MeekOne

Meek is not weak
Oct 8, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Visit site
✟61,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.