✟2,615.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Gothlady said:
Since I am a new cristian, I would like to know if there are ant bible verses I should know, Kinda like tha basics and such. Thanks!
Just remember that "Christian" means you follow Christ, so the most important verses to remember are the words of Christ himself. Personally I think the most important things Christ taught were:

1. Parable of the sheep and the goats in Mathew 25 (whatever you did for the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me)
2. Parable of the Sower (make sure your belief is well-rooted - Apologetics is the best tool for this)
3. All of mathew 24 (watchfulness)

When in doubt, stick to the red letters. (And don't forget, there are words of Christ's in Revelation, too!)

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Gothlady said:
Since I am a new cristian, I would like to know if there are ant bible verses I should know, Kinda like tha basics and such. Thanks!
The ones that hit me early, and never quit hitting me:
if we died with Him, we will also live with Him;
If we endure, we will also reign with Him;
If we deny Him, He also will deny us;
If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself.
2 Tim 2:11-13

Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? Just as it is written, "FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE BEING PUT TO DEATH ALL DAY LONG; WE WERE CONSIDERED AS SHEEP TO BE SLAUGHTERED." But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Rom 8:35-39

where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that, as sin reigned in death, even so grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it? Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. Rom 5:20-6:4

God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Rom 5:8

Upvote 0

Breaking Babylon

Who is this King of glory?
Site Supporter
Jan 1, 2006
West Virginia
✟58,374.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
My advice to you is read Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Romans. Study them. It will greatly benefit your walk in Christ. Trust me. :)

I'd like to point out 2 Timothy 2:15, Philippians 4:13, and John 3:16.

May God bless you abundantly.

Upvote 0

christandisrael

Sep 19, 2005
✟899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Gothlady said:
Romans 10:10, John 3:16, 1 Corinthians 3:16, 1 Corinthians 13. That is a few. Keep searching the Word and you will find more. Love.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
beehoney said:
Hi Gothlady! There is no core list of Bible verses that all of us have memorized. What I suggest is that you spend time reading the Bible. You can memorize those portions that speak to you most.
Good advice! :thumbsup:

Reactions: beehoney
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Silver Surfer

Jul 5, 2003
Hayden, Idaho, USA
Visit site
✟7,869.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Gothlady said:
Matthew 19:16 "And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments".

And, this is later confirmed in Revelation.....
22:14 "Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city".

Jesus Christ taught the importance of keeping the 10 commandments, as found in Exodus 20:3-17 !

Jesus said: "IF..you love me, keep my commandments", (John 14:15).

Upvote 0

kdenised

Jun 28, 2006
michigan
Visit site
✟15,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
These are some of the verses that helped me quite a bit as new Christian:

Romans 8:1-2 -This verse helped me understand the importance of learning the difference between walking in the flesh vs walking in the Spirit.

Romans 5: 3-5 - This verse helped me realize that when troubles and trials happen in my life, they are often times God working me to develop me into a Christian that will be able to produce fruit. This scriptures has helped me to see troubles in a much more positive light. I USED to be very discouraged by troubles, even thinking that I was doing something wrong because I was experiencing so many troubles, but this verse cleared that all up for me.

Gal 5:22
- This verse helped me to realize that I have a TON of power THROUGH THE SPIRIT.

James 1:5-6
- This verse is important because wisdom is like seeing the world through God's eyes instead of your own.

Psalms 103:12
- As a new Christian, you probably will struggle with guilt. This verse helped me realize that once I've asked God for forgiveness(in honesty and sincerety), my sins are as far as the east is from the west. This also helped me realize that the feeling of guilt is not of the Spirit. guilt is a form of condemnation which comes from the devil...that goes back to Romans 8:1 The Spirit convicts us, which is what leads us to ask for forgiveness.. The Spirit does not condem us or make us feel guilty. God doesnt want us to feel guilty because guilt only holds us down from growth. So this verse helped me to realize the importance of letting things go after I've been forgiven, so God can use me. Its easier for Him to use us when we're not carrying the baggage of guilt.

And lastly Romans 12:2- This verse helped me to realize that I will be TRANSFORMED by God through the renewing of my mind. This helped me to understand that in renewing my mind, a lot of things might seem and feel foreign or uncomfortable at first, because Im not used to them, but that needs to happen in order for transformation (from fleshly living to spiritual living) to take place.

As you can see, as a new Christian, the NT is a very practicle place to start, as well as Psalms, and Ecclesiates is good as well. They are ALL good, but as a new Christian, we need things layed out for us plain and simple :) Hope these verses help you as much as they did (and STILL do ) me!!

Remain in prayer and in the Word, Both are essential for a healthy realationship (2 way relationship) with the Lord.

:wave:

Upvote 0

rita727

Jul 29, 2006
A Pineapple under the Sea
✟24,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
BlakeMichael said:
My advice to you is read Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Romans. Study them. It will greatly benefit your walk in Christ. Trust me. :)

I'd like to point out 2 Timothy 2:15, Philippians 4:13, and John 3:16.

May God bless you abundantly.

Definitely! You'll find a lot of help in those books.

Upvote 0

1corinthian13

Veteran
Jun 17, 2006
Earth
✟17,611.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
CA-Bloc
Jesus Wept.

somewhere in John. like where He raised Lazarus from the death.
it's the shortest verse in the Bible :clap:

just messing again haha.. well u dun have to memorize any verse or anything. just read it :) it's God's love letter to u. each person has different verses that sticks out to themselves! Jesus loooooooooooooooooooooves you!!!:kiss:

btw.. we're all democrat. rock on!:pray:

Upvote 0

TheSuperNews

Feb 4, 2006
✟15,709.00
Faith
Christian
Best is Ephesians 5:15-18 "So be careful how you live, not as fools but as those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days. Don't act thoughtlessly, but try to understand what the Lord wants you to do. Don't be drunk on wine {or continue in addiction to other cravings}, because that will ruin your life. Instead, let the Holy Spirit fill and control you."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dinidh

Aug 18, 2006
✟7,631.00
Faith
Christian
Hey fellow new-believer! One that has helped me facing hard times: Ephesians 6:10-20. It is all about how the Lord provides you with armour in the spiritual struggle you face each and every day. I always feel like a Warrior of God after reading this passage.
One thing that must be mentioned , is that Paul talks of how our battle is "not against flesh and blood" but against "spiritual forces of evil." I have to remind myself each and every day of this living in a non-christian family. It is not people we are fighting, but satan.

Stay strong in Christ. And be happy, cause this it the start to the best relationship you will ever have!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.