Merseyside
✟8,003.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This may be a duplicate post, I tried to post using an Android tablet I don't think I was successful but if another post turns up thats why.

I'm looking for some new Bible study software my last lot was delivered on floppy discs and died with a long gone PC.

I require a modern interface including copy and paste from the Bible text, NIV, NASB or Amplified, a concordance and the ability to make notes.

I'll happily pay but would prefer something Open Source that will run locally on Lunux or under WINE. I have already tried again with the sword project, I couldn't even copy and paste its OLD.

Sadly the commercial software I have seen so far has been beyond my resources at this time some running into thousands of $.

If you can recommend some software I'd very much appreciate it.

Best Regards and God Bless. aamcle

aamcle

May 25, 2023
Merseyside
✟8,003.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There's something called Xiphos, but I know nothing about it. It's supposedly open source and free to download. I use eSword and The Word, both free, but I don't know if they're available for your systems.
Thanks.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have used eSword, right now I am getting into using Filament, it is a free app that works with Filament enabled Bibles. Basically nearly every page has a little icon and page number that you scan with your phone or tablet, then it links to the app which gives you options for Study, Reflect, and See for the chapters/verses on that page. Study is a typical Bible Study information for nearly every verse, Reflect goes to commentary by known authors, and See goes to historical information, maps, things along that line.

It's worth checking out, you can get the app for free and if you want to save money you could buy a used Bible on Amazon or Ebay that is "Filament enabled" for around a $1.

Upvote 0

aamcle

May 25, 2023
Merseyside
✟8,003.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I find Filament a little concerning, it's a full pack after a while almost everyone will follow the 'filaments' and go no further.

The effect is to give the publisher (conspiracy theory of your choice) control over what you see, hear and thus eventually believe. It happens in a traditional setting to an extent but this is much more direct and probably more effective.

I see if I can pick one up, the idea is interesting.

Atb.

Upvote 0