Magnolia, AR
✟994,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jennie Amber has pretty much full intellectual property ownership over this smiley :hi:, I think, so I won't use it to say hello. ^_^

However, you might have seen a few weeks ago where I briefly proposed another attempt at reading through and discussing all of Scripture in one year, which has probably been done a few times before somewhere or another at CF. A few people voiced their interest more or less. :)

In this thread, I will be following a lesson plan I happened to find copies of in the front hall at my home church the last time I was there (it's out of town so I can't be there every Sunday ^_^ ), and it involves anywhere from two to as much as several consecutive chapters of reading a day from a single book in Scripture instead of excerpts from multiple books in the same day, and with each day of the week devoted to a certain kind of book.

On Sundays, we will be reading from the Epistles (ex. Ephesians, Corinthians, etc.).
Mondays involve books of the Law (Leviticus, Numbers, etc.)
Tuesdays concern history, such as Samuel and Joshua.
Wednesdays concern only the Psalms.
Thursdays read from poetic books like Song of Solomon.
Fridays will involve books of Prophecy, and Saturdays involve the Gospels.

I intend to begin the reading schedule at the start of February, posting the day's reading somewhere from 6 to 9 in the morning before I head to work (central time), and I look forward to seeing many of you there. Let us pray that we learn many new things from Scripture during this next year and are guided only by the Holy Spirit. Should any clashing interpretations of verses from the day's reading come up during any discussion (which I encourage us to try to do at some point in the day after reading), please, everyone, let us remain civil in the disagreement. This is not the Theology discussion section. ^_^

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Bumpity bump. I know it's just the 28th but Feb will be here before you know it. I'm excited for this! And @SarahsKnight I gotta admit, you really executed this plan very well. I like the schedule of what we're going to read each day. I think this will teach everyone about the different parts of the Bible (History, Poetry, etc).

I did have a question for you though, hypothetically say we read all the books in the "History" part of the Bible. Are you planning on replacing that day with say Major Prophets, Minor Prophets, etc?

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I did have a question for you though, hypothetically say we read all the books in the "History" part of the Bible. Are you planning on replacing that day with say Major Prophets, Minor Prophets, etc?

I actually do not have a plan for that if it occurs, actually running out of books under a heading for that specific day of the week. But the good news is that this reading plan I found at my church spreads out the amount of reading due to each type of book (History, Prophecy, Gospels, etc.) evenly across every week of the year so we never run out. This does mean, however, that the amount of reading will vary quite a bit between days of the week. If Psalms and Proverbs only read on the Wednesday of each week, for instance, then that's probably very little to read each day as opposed to doing three or even six chapters for each Tuesday to accommodate the books concerning History, for instance. I intend to stick with this, though, and I am glad to see others seemingly enthusiastic to do the same. :angel:

Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I woke up thinking today was the last day of the month, thinking we start tomorrow. Was excited. Then realize we have 2 more days to go. Less excited. :p
:hahaha:
I know! I can't wait to reread from @Goodbook 's lovely, Bible gift!
*Looks around for thieves...* :burglar:

Reactions: LadyOfMystery
Upvote 0

Somber

꧁✿❁❀❁✿꧂
Oct 23, 2011
The Fairy Ring
✟101,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I love this idea! @SarahsKnight I really want to try getting through the bible again, so I'll try to do this, if I can. So I'll take my seat in here and try to wait patiently until the last few days of January. :D
tumblr_na2bm4A9m91tiqax0o1_400.gif

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I love this idea! @SarahsKnight I really want to try getting through the bible again, so I'll try to do this, if I can. So I'll take my seat in here and try to wait patiently until the last few days of January. :D
tumblr_na2bm4A9m91tiqax0o1_400.gif

I'll sit with you! :D

Reactions: Somber
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.