Not open for further replies.

Anij

Feb 12, 2006
✟15,221.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I'm not sure where to ask this , but I'm hoping someone here will be able to help ...

I had it not a week ago , but my brain's just not working !

I'm looking for the passage that says something to the effect that if a child is conceived out of wedlock , that it is the parents that must atone for it, NOT the child - that it's NOT a child's sin (themself).

HELP ( I'm trying to help some one out)

thanks

karen freeinchristman

More of You and less of me, Lord!
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2004
North west of England
✟62,407.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Anij said:
I'm not sure where to ask this , but I'm hoping someone here will be able to help ...

I had it not a week ago , but my brain's just not working !

I'm looking for the passage that says something to the effect that if a child is conceived out of wedlock , that it is the parents that must atone for it, NOT the child - that it's NOT a child's sin (themself).

HELP ( I'm trying to help some one out)

thanks

I wasn't aware that there is any place in the Bible that tells us that having a child out of wedlock is a sin that must be atoned for.

Upvote 0

Timothy

Mad Anglican geek at large
Jan 1, 2004
Birmingham.... [Bur-min'-um]
✟17,765.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Ho hum. I think there may be something in the OT, but I'm not sure. Certainly I can tell you this, the NT covenant means we need no longer make atonement for sin, rather "If we confess our sins, God is faithful and just, and will cleanse us from our sins, and purify us from all unrighteousness."

Upvote 0

karen freeinchristman

More of You and less of me, Lord!
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2004
North west of England
✟62,407.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Naomi4Christ said:
Surely it's not having the child that's the problem, but sleeping with someone you were not married to.
I would agree, that is the problem.

But as we all know, everyone makes mistakes, and this 'sin' shouldn't be made out to be worse than any other sin, in my opinion. (this comment isn't directed to you, Naomi, just quoted you for your view on what the actual 'problem' is!).

Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,722.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There are a couple of places in the OT that say children are not to be punnished for the sins of their fathers, but that only the person who sins, is guilty of that sin. I don't know the refrences right off hand.

I don't know anything specificly dealing with a child born out of wedlock, but if there were such a scripture I would expect to find it in the levitical codes somewhere.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.