✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
fairness? who said life is fair?

Is it fair that Jesus had to die on the cross while sinners went free?

Is it fair that matyrs are put to death over their faith?

Is it fair that Christianity, the founding religion of the US is being swept away for every group that finds offense?

Reactions: youthwalk
Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
one shouldn't say anti-wof IMHO

I understand the meaning behind what you are saying, and, in a vaccuum of historical precedent I would agree with you.

However, we had a discussion about this some time ago, before the moratorium, and several posters from your side of the argument said that they were definately anti-WOF, while most called themselves non-WOF.

In the event that a person describes themselves as anti-WOF, your statement makes little practical sense.

Ever since that debate, I use the word anti-WOF. But I never use it to describe Non-WOF in general; rather, I specifically mean it to describe those who describe themselves that way, which tend to be the more hateful posters in this respect.

Peace...

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
fairness? who said life is fair?

Is it fair that Jesus had to die on the cross while sinners went free?

Is it fair that matyrs are put to death over their faith?

Is it fair that Christianity, the founding religion of the US is being swept away for every group that finds offense?

What in heaven does that have to do with the obvious bias towards Word of Faith in this forum?

What does that have to do with the simple fact that NO OTHER group is allowed to be bashed, defamed and slandered as often and unchallenged as Word of Faith?

Or do you think I am acting the martyr also?

Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, though I agree with you, and am pretty amazed that the 'Is Word Of Faith Heresy' thread was allowed to stay open so far; I also try to act in love.

Love believes all things. Therefore I am choosing to believe that the Mods in this case left this particular thread open in the hopes and understanding that the poll would be against flaming and in support of not calling others names. Not neccessarily to vindicate WOF doctrine, but rather to vindicate love between the brethren.

After all, as I pointed out in the thread, a majority vote doesn't prove anyone right or wrong, but it could prove whether there is any hope of us getting along as brothers and sisters of Christ Jesus our Lord.

For this reason I appreciate both BenAdams post and Alpines post to that effect.

Peace...

Reactions: BenAdam
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I understand the meaning behind what you are saying, and, in a vaccuum of historical precedent I would agree with you.

However, we had a discussion about this some time ago, before the moratorium, and several posters from your side of the argument said that they were definately anti-WOF, while most called themselves non-WOF.

In the event that a person describes themselves as anti-WOF, your statement makes little practical sense.

Ever since that debate, I use the word anti-WOF. But I never use it to describe Non-WOF in general; rather, I specifically mean it to describe those who describe themselves that way, which tend to be the more hateful posters in this respect.

Peace...

I agree that some people do think themselves anti-wof, but not every wof detractor (such as myself) is anti-wof. I prefer non-wof truth be told. So you are correct.

However, the term anti-faith is simply a pejorative against any wof detractor. It implies that we don't believe in or have faith which is ridiculous.

Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree that some people do think themselves anti-wof, but not every wof detractor (such as myself) is anti-wof. I prefer non-wof truth be told. So you are correct.

However, the term anti-faith is simply a pejorative against any wof detractor. It implies that we don't believe in or have faith which is ridiculous.

I agree.

Peace...

Upvote 0

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What in heaven does that have to do with the obvious bias towards Word of Faith in this forum?

What does that have to do with the simple fact that NO OTHER group is allowed to be bashed, defamed and slandered as often and unchallenged as Word of Faith?

Or do you think I am acting the martyr also?

It has to do with the fact that life isn't fair, don't depend on fairness.

Nope. I think you are a man of God that has some serious questions. Historically the bias toward and against wof in this forum is cyclical. The OP of the thread in question makes a statement, and then follows up with a question asking if the statement is valid or agreed with. Sure it is biased, but everyone is given the chance to repond.

Personally I thought the best response to it was to to post that WoF and it's adherrents are NOT heretics. I think opposing the OP was better that censorship.

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

WOF is a belief system that at its core is orthodox Christianity. It is not a heresy. But there are some elements of WOF that non-WOF believers feel are wrong and take exception to. They are not heretical in the classic definition of the word although they do veer from mainstream evangelical beliefs.

For the record, while I am opposed to some of these uniquely WOF doctrines I do not consider WOF, as a whole, unorthodox in its core beliefs about Christ and consider them my brothers and sisters even if I disagree with them at times.

~Jim
Real heroes are people who rise to the occasion then slip quietly away. ~Tom Brokaw

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It has to do with the fact that life isn't fair, don't depend on fairness.

Nope. I think you are a man of God that has some serious questions. Historically the bias toward and against wof in this forum is cyclical. The OP of the thread in question makes a statement, and then follows up with a question asking if the statement is valid or agreed with. Sure it is biased, but everyone is given the chance to repond.

Personally I thought the best response to it was to to post that WoF and it's adherrents are NOT heretics. I think opposing the OP was better that censorship.

FYI - my reference to my acting like a martyr was in reference to your "What in life is fair" post on the other thread - it would have made more sense if I had posted it there.

I appreciate your response, and freely admit I am jaded because of the relentless onslaught that we have had to endure in the past.

The mods - (even you Ben ;):D;)) do a very difficult job and do it very well. It's not my place to tell you what to do or how to do it. But it is my place to state my opinion -

And BTW Jim - you just got a whole lot bigger in my eyes, we even agree once again.

I can't tell you how many Word of Faith Pastors I have instructed over the years - who have heard the balance on these subjects in scripture. That turn around and take it to and EXTREME POV.

It's hard sometimes. I've lost dear friends and colleagues because of openly opposing them after they wouldn't receive private counsel. But those are the few - not the norm.

anyways, I ramble.....

Reactions: BenAdam
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FYI - my reference to my acting like a martyr was in reference to your "What in life is fair" post on the other thread - it would have made more sense if I had posted it there.

I appreciate your response, and freely admit I am jaded because of the relentless onslaught that we have had to endure in the past.

The mods - (even you Ben ;):D;)) do a very difficult job and do it very well. It's not my place to tell you what to do or how to do it. But it is my place to state my opinion -

And BTW Jim - you just got a whole lot bigger in my eyes, we even agree once again.

I can't tell you how many Word of Faith Pastors I have instructed over the years - who have heard the balance on these subjects in scripture. That turn around and take it to and EXTREME POV.

It's hard sometimes. I've lost dear friends and colleagues because of openly opposing them after they wouldn't receive private counsel. But those are the few - not the norm.

anyways, I ramble.....
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It is OK to say "anti-word of faith" on this forum, but one cannot say "anti-faith".

Why is this allowed? If one is flaming, so is the other.

I know where I stand on WOF's doctrines but I do admit that there are times that I deal with my own "theological bias". I was victimized because I grew up in a certain theological system and I become indoctrinated by what I have learned over the years that I have struggled by defending what I have learned and can't seem to let go of it. The Apostle Paul wrote, "We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves" (Romans 15:1) that we are to bear them, or bear with them in their weakness because of an inability to make out the details of deep theology which can be frustrating for some.

The bottom line is that I am a Christian, who by faith in Jesus Christ has been born again, have overcomed the world with the help from the Holy Spirit and not of my own. The world is no longer my master and that I am an overcomer because of the Holy Spirit that is within me. That’s the definition of a Christian. Whether I am physically healed or not. :wave:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.