✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi Alexgb00 since you are from the Russian Fed I'll nominate Gorbachev!

(who is the best President really depends on what criteria you are using)

Soon after Gorby took over there were huge sales of Russian assets at firesale prices, oil fields sold at 1% of market value to... ESSO, got more oil from Gorby than from Nixon for bombing Hanoi in the Vietnam War, so as far as ESSO is concerned, Gorby is the better President

Upvote 0

alexgb00

Jun 24, 2002
Klamath Falls, OR United States
✟1,218.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hi Alexgb00 since you are from the Russian Fed I'll nominate Gorbachev!

(who is the best President really depends on what criteria you are using)

Soon after Gorby took over there were huge sales of Russian assets at firesale prices, oil fields sold at 1% of market value to... ESSO, got more oil from Gorby than from Nixon for bombing Hanoi in the Vietnam War, so as far as ESSO is concerned, Gorby is the better President
MorkandMindy, as far as most Russian people are concerned, Gorbachev was a terrible leader who unraveled and broke down a successful world superpower. I agree with you -- someone's misfortune is another's great opportunity.

Upvote 0

46thPrez

Jan 7, 2009
Missouri
✟7,744.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My personal favorite is Lincoln. A man didn't wait for someone else to do for him, but did it himself. As President he made tough decisions in the interest of the Republic not mob rule, he wasn't interested in public opinion polls.

However I think each Period in American History has it greats.

1)Thomas Jefferson- A man who thought, his ideas along with the the ideas of his adversary and friend, John Adams, helped form the basis of this free republic.

2)Teddy Roosevelt- A ahead of his time, he welcomed Booker T. WAshington into the White House as a guest when this was an uncouth thing to do. A man who realized, like it or not, America has a big role to play in international affairs.

3) Harry Truman- Willing to do what he had to do, definately not a push over

4) Gerald Ford- A peacable, likeable and honorable man.

5) Ronald Reagan- A modern day Thomas Jefferson in thoughts of liberty and personal reliance. Though their ideas of military would have clashed.

Upvote 0

Gracchus

Senior Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
California
Visit site
✟23,182.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
FDR.

New Deal
WWII
Social Security
Fireside Chats

Yes, but I will never forgive him for keeping the country from going communist. ;)

I would agree with Red Fox that, from the native American point of view they were, and are, a uniformly evil lot.

But Millard Fillmore has to be near the top. I can't remember that he did much of anything.

:yawn:

"Who is the best US President?"

Hmm... I'd have to say, I like Ike.

: ) Just being stupid. That's allowed here, right?

This is the political forum. Stupidity is MANDATORY!

:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
N

Nathan45

Washington. He set the standard, every other president simply imitated him.

I don't think it can be underestimated how fragile the first modern democracy would be in it's early stages, Washington set the standard for the rule of law when it could have just as easily turned into a farse or a military dictatorship. Instead of using his popularity to gain more power for himself he used it to safeguard liberty and set the precedent for a constitutional government.

Reactions: Babe Ruth
Upvote 0

cjordan08

Jan 22, 2009
✟15,198.00
Faith
Baptist
I think presidents #1-44 are all very important wise men who have all accomplished something beneficial for the U.S. at some point. Therefore, I can't say just one is the best. It takes determination, leadership and great knowledge to fulfill the title of President of the United States. :)
Hopefully President Obama will lead us in the right direction as well.

Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
John F. Kennedy. His election forced America to accept Catholics as brothers rather than as a fifth column.

ahh.. the real Abe Lincoln, freer of the slaves???

I couldn't wait to see you who chose after bashing Lincoln.

Upvote 0